Two significant issues - associated but let me split them out
a] on returning to the hotel on Saturday evening at about 10.00pm we were not admitted to the hotel until we could prove we were residents. In an intimidating manner the bouncer on the door demanded a room key. He said he was stopping criminals and yobs coming into the hotel. As a 50+ yr old couple coming from the the Tatton flower we hardly fitted the profile - but no exceptions.
b] the hotel attemtps to attract a "young crowd" to the bar. In fine weather they set up a bar outside as well as run the one inside. They play the type of music and at the volume that will attract their audience. There is nowhere for a quiet drink in the evening.
Are [a] and [b] connected? Well it seems to me that they are. By turning the ground floor of the hotel into a night club you are inviting in those most likely to carry out the acts described by the bouncer to justify his actions.
You may find it hard to believe but I have no objection to young people drinking and dancing and taking over the ground floor of the hotel to such an extent that the hotel has to employ bouncers to control the situation. (I remember with fondness some 18 - 30 holidays !!) But I do object to not being told that this occurs.
Other issues - simple things
1. not being recognised as HH member and having to ask for access to Executive Lounge
2. at breakfast each morning having to try 3 salt cellars before finding a fucntioning one - are they not checked when the tables are set
3. no notice apologising for the fire alarm evacuation - how hard is it to have a pre-prepared script saved under "Fire alarm apology to guests" and printing out a couple of dozen to put in lift lobbies stating "it was a false alram, everything is safe, apologise for inconvenience" or similar
4. the basin and toilet were fixed too high - children could not cope - stylish but not funcitonal
On the plus sidethe room was quiet, the bed comfortbale and the room cleaner over the weekend on the 5th floor was very good
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotelopia so you can book your Hilton Liverpool City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Liverpool Hotel Liverpool