Hilton Liverpool City Centre
62 Castle Street(Liverpool)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
3,139 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepima baralbert dockjohn lewisfloor to ceiling windowsmini barcar parkq parksaturday nighthotel barexcellent locationmodern hotelcomfy bedecho arenafantastic staycity centrelovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice within the past 2 years, our first experience was booked through there own website, we had a pleasant stay and booked again when going to a concert at the echo arena.
We decided to stay last minute so whilst out I visited the Hilton website and got a price for a double room, the price was around £110 for that night, so we walked over from the Albert Dock and asked to book a double room..... The male receptionist gave us a price of £180...!!!! Omg , I asked why and his reply was that this was the price for that room.... I promptly showed him the Hilton website which showed the £110 price of which I insisted I paid , our room had been poorly cleand as we found men's undergarments under the bed whilst looking for the back of my earring ...eeeeeeh.
I was so disappointed as I had always recommended this hotel to everyone staying in Liverpool, wether it be for the races, football or night out. Won't be again... Shame really as the rooms are modern with great views.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon R
Graeme J, Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the troubles regarding pricing and cleanliness in the room. This is not in any way standard or typical of Hilton Liverpool. We strive to ensure all our guests receive the best service possible. We hope you are able to stay again in the future and we can show you what a pleasurable experience stay with us can be. If you require any further information please contact me direct

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Lovely hotel great location for shopping, Albert Dock and lots of bars and restaurants . We had executive room 600 the view was good of the Albert Dock and the executive lounge was good value would recommend the upgrade worth the extra money the complimentary continental breakfast was lovely . hotel staff very friendly and helpful overall a good relaxing stay .

Room Tip: Floor 6 room 600 excutive room great view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the positive feedback you have provided. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a great anniversary

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Two significant issues - associated but let me split them out

a] on returning to the hotel on Saturday evening at about 10.00pm we were not admitted to the hotel until we could prove we were residents. In an intimidating manner the bouncer on the door demanded a room key. He said he was stopping criminals and yobs coming into the hotel. As a 50+ yr old couple coming from the the Tatton flower we hardly fitted the profile - but no exceptions.

b] the hotel attemtps to attract a "young crowd" to the bar. In fine weather they set up a bar outside as well as run the one inside. They play the type of music and at the volume that will attract their audience. There is nowhere for a quiet drink in the evening.

Are [a] and [b] connected? Well it seems to me that they are. By turning the ground floor of the hotel into a night club you are inviting in those most likely to carry out the acts described by the bouncer to justify his actions.

You may find it hard to believe but I have no objection to young people drinking and dancing and taking over the ground floor of the hotel to such an extent that the hotel has to employ bouncers to control the situation. (I remember with fondness some 18 - 30 holidays !!) But I do object to not being told that this occurs.

Other issues - simple things
1. not being recognised as HH member and having to ask for access to Executive Lounge
2. at breakfast each morning having to try 3 salt cellars before finding a fucntioning one - are they not checked when the tables are set
3. no notice apologising for the fire alarm evacuation - how hard is it to have a pre-prepared script saved under "Fire alarm apology to guests" and printing out a couple of dozen to put in lift lobbies stating "it was a false alram, everything is safe, apologise for inconvenience" or similar
4. the basin and toilet were fixed too high - children could not cope - stylish but not funcitonal

On the plus sidethe room was quiet, the bed comfortbale and the room cleaner over the weekend on the 5th floor was very good

Room Tip: go to top floor to escape noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning. We employee door staff to ensure the security of residents and to help ensure guests have a safe entrance to their room that does not involve coming in through the bar entrance. As we are a city centre property, we attract a wide range of guests and offer a quieter bar on the 7th floor in our Executive Lounge. I would like to apologise for you not being recognised as a Hilton Honors Member, as we value your brand loyalty. I understand the inconvenience of the alarm sounding during your stay with us and also agree you should have been issued with an apology letter. If you have any further needs, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We revisited this handily located Hilton - between the dock area and Liverpool One.
As Diamond Honors members we were a bit disappointed to get a room overlooking the bus station but it was very clean and comfy.
The Executive Lounge was much improved on our last visit. This time there were nice canapes, a decent breakfast and helpful staff. The Pima bar service was good both nights of our visit.
An enjoyable stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you very much for your loyalty to Hilton. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and make good use of the Executive Lounge. I will feedback to the team, so they are aware of the review regarding their good service. We hope to see you again in the fututre

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had afternoon tea here today with three work friends and have to say the service as well as the food left quite a bit to be desired. The sandwiches tasted like they had been sitting in a fridge for most of the day - I would expect from a hotel of this standing for them to be made to order and fresh. Unfortunately the cakes were not any better - there was a very strange concoction of a tart with apple puree on the bottom and some very strange Barbie Pink Icing/gloop on the top, which we all scraped off. Must try harder Hilton, maybe Paris likes Barbie pink gloopy tarts but we all agreed that it was the most synthetic cake we had ever eaten. Not to be repeated I am afraid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I am sorry to hear your experience of afternoon tea was not what you expected. Our team members strive to ensure the expectations of all guests are both met and exceeded. We would like the chance to offer you and your friends the experience you expect. Please contact me directly if you would like to accept our offer