“Terrible hotel, just don't stay here!”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We're Hilton Diamond members so would always try to choose a Hilton if we could. So, when we were in Liverpool with friends/family this was the natural choice - the hotel is in a great location, but that's where it ends. The rooms/décor is similar to the box standard 2/3 star Hilton's on motorway service stations (e.g. Northampton/Leicester) but with bar prices that will make your eyes water (£10 for a large glass of really cheap white wine). We stayed on a Saturday night when there was a huge hotel organised party in the lobby (loud music, drunks, people shouting, being sick - really unpleasant and scary for our young daughter).

Smaller things - this was the first time ever we haven't been given an upgraded room (reservations staff told us they could sell a premium room rather than give it to us). That said, the Exec Lounge was dingy and drab - thankfully there was Liverpool One next door so we could go out for breakfast (try Browns - breakfast was fantastic) and drinks. The hotel Reservations Manager also refused to honour a room rate my brother had booked months before - emails/phonecalls went unanswered. There was a general lack of basic courtesy by the reservations staff. He chose Hotel Indigo - which looked amazing.

Despite being an avid Hilton fan (as you can see from other reviews) - stay well clear of this one. Compared to the last Hilton we stayed at (Istanbul) this is miles apart.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, get as high as you can - the hotel organises loud events in the lobby
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear DalynCarter,
I am very upset to see that you did not enjoy your time here at the hotel. Please contact me directly so I can discuss this with you further and hopefully resolve any of the issues that occurred.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Well I would have given this hotel 10/10 overall, but when I returned home and checked my bank account, Hilton had taken some money out of my account, I sat and thought about it and knew I hadn't paid for anything on my card, all we had from the hotel was 3 drinks that my husband paid for in cash, I rang Hilton and asked what they had taken the money out for, they told me I had been charged for items from the mini bar, I told her we did not touch a thing from the mini bar, she said she would have to check with room service and call me back, obviously she didn't believe me and I never received a call back to apologise, I only knew I had been refunded when I saw it in my account, I think it was disgusting service, my guess is they do this alot and get away with it, be careful and check ur balance.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Laura H
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Laura H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

I am very sorry about the confusion with the charges to your account, all of our mini bars are sensor activated and do sometimes charge when items are moved or the fridge is used for storage, however this should have been raised when shown your bill on departure which I do apologise also for.

Please be assured this is not a usual occurence in the hotel, and if you would like to contact me on steffanie.buck@hilton.com or the hotel direct on 0151 708 4200 to provide any further information on your stay, I would be more than happy to look into this further and issue re training where needed.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you in the future,

Kind Regards,

Steff

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for are honeymoon, I had booked a junior suite but got up graded to the presidential suite, which was superb every way.
All the staff where brilliant from booking to checking out.
The view from the room 700 was unbelievable over the Albert Dock,river mersey and over to the wirral.
If I was going to have another honeymoon which I'm not I would go there.
It's the best hotel I have ever stated in.

Room Tip: presidential suite room 700
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Mike E,
Congratulations to you and your new wife. Thank you for deciding to stay at the Hilton Liverpool for such a special occasion.
Please contact me directly if you do return to Liverpool, so I am able to ensure that you again have a very enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed two nights here during the week. Great hotel in a fantastic location and with in walking distance of everywhere. Very helpful reception staff, definitely will return. Staff were extremely helpful. Room was great, i would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Leanne A,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your visit to the Hilton Liverpool. I am so delighted to see that you found the staff to be so helpful. If you do revisit us again, please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance you may need.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed last Friday bank holiday weekend for the night. We booked a few weeks in advance so only paid £93 for room only which was on par with other hotels that weekend.

I emailed ahead to ask if they would consider an upgrade and was really pleased when they emailed back to say whilst we couldn't be upgraded as we weren't HHonours guests Gold and Diamond, they would assign us a fabulous room (301) with dual aspect views of Albert Dock. So glad I had emailed ahead.

The room was large and bathroom big and very clean and we slept like logs.

One little niggle is that I asked where to park (John Lewis) but we weren't told that we could get a discount for being a guest so ended up paying £15 but not unusual in a city.

We would definitely stay again but wouldn't really want to pay much more than we did for room only.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice J

Dear Cottonbams,
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your time at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your time here and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We met for lunch in this Hilton Hotel in the centre of Liverpool on my 50th Birthday! Although we were only stopping for a spot of lunch and a few drinks... the staff couldn't of made more fuss of me and really made the day extra special... at no extra price!!! Thank you... The chef and the bar staff of the Hilton... that day...21st August!

Room Tip: We only had lunch there!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan D

Dear Susan D,
Thank you for your feedback about your visit to the Exchange restaurant and Pima Bar. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday with us, and please be assured I will pass on your compliments to the team.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

stayed at this hotel on 26 of august ,for one night ,in a king room ,superb hotel nice big room with king size bed ,view overlooking the albert docks,staff were very friendly and helpfull ,would definately return there again ,we had a meal in the exchange restraunt ,excellent food ,

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th floor ,to the side ,great view and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Sheila S,
Thank you for your amazing comments in regards to your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and you enjoyed your time in the Exchange Restaurant.
If you do return to us again, please feel free to contact me directly if you require any assistance.
Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com