“Great location, lovely staff!”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a 2 night break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Location - PERFECT! A few moments walk from The Albert Dock with all it's museums, shops and restaurants and another few minutes from Liverpool One.

Rooms - Immaculately clean, comfy bed and great view of The Albert Dock. The only downside is that it doesn't have a fridge which was disappointing.

Staff - Helpful and polite.

Parking - reasonably priced and secure underground parking.

Breakfast - fine, nothing spectacular but fine to set you up for the day. The hotel may want to have a word with the semi-nude couple in the apartments opposite though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roxy531
James R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello and thank you for review I’m so pleased to see that you and your partner enjoyed all aspects of your 2 night stays please allow me to thank you again and I hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a great time in Liverpool on a 'lads of a certain age' long weekend. Good value and nice rooms however a bit on the cramped side when the the sofa bed is in use. The bathroom has a sliding glass door which also doubles up as the wardrobe door. Not great for privacy in the bathroom which is nice with a spacious walk in shower. The hotel has ample underground parking and is generally well presented and clean. Not really a city centre hotel as a taxi or good 15-20mins walk away from Matthews St.
Breakfast was a nice self serve variety but the scrambled eggs should be avoided.
Staff friendly and helpful.
One of our party had something go missing from his room and the police had to be called as the explanations given about the card entry system didn't add up, as most of our party are buildings engineers, questions were raised. Unfortunate event that left a bit of a stain on the stay so doubt if we would stay there again but mainly because of the location.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I as can read you had a mixed stay with us. I can recall your stay quiet well as we take all accusations of theft seriously and can confirm that the hotel team done everything they could to help your friend find the perpetrator. We were full combative and answered any queries your friends asked. I’m glad to see your overview of the staff was a positive one we believe guest satisfaction is paramount and strive to make sure every guest leaves happy. I’m glad you would choose again and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city of Liverpool.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner and our 9 year old daughter for 1 night. I booked it as it was close to the Echo Arena and the photos of the hotel online looked lovely.
It cost us £159 to book a room with a river view. I didn't mind paying this, however when you looked out our room there was a big warehouse with a slight glimpse of the river if you looked to the left and right. The room was very basic, I have stayed at nicer Premier Inns for more than half the price!

Breakfast was nice, very basic but it did the trick. No mushrooms or tomatoes. Just bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and beans.

The hotel took our card details when we arrived. We then gave then the card details again the next morning to pay for the hotel. When we came home we realised they had taken the payment twice! My partner phoned them up and they denied taking the payment saying we had got it wrong! So my bf phoned his bank who confirmed it and phoned them back. They then said it was company policy and they have to do it and they would return it!!!! We have stayed in a lot of hotels and they have NEVER charged us twice. Instead of them paying the second charge back, THEY CHARGED US AGAIN!!! So 3 payments went out his bank, obviously the first we owed but 2 additional payments came out. When he phoned the hotel again they were very snappy and basically called him a liar!

We have received the payments back now, but we will never stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank KezaG

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your 1 night stay with us at the hotel. Upon reading your review it is extremely dissatisfying to read that you were so disappointed with your stay. I can only apologise what happened with your checkout and will be reviewing our checkout procedures I am glad there has been a resolution to your problem and If you have any other questions or if there is anything else we can do to help rectify the situation anymore please contact me personally at the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed over in Liverpool for the night, and chose the Hampton by Hilton.

Found the room to be spacious and modern, with a everything I would need.

The bathroom was light, clean and fitted with an exceptional shower.

A comfortable bed made for a great nights sleep.

The breakfast on the morning was good - well stocked with the standard items, although it was a bit chaotic.

The hotel is close to Liverpool One and across the road from the Albert Dock and Liverpool Arena so its well located, and the hotel parking, at £10 per night, is reasonable and secure.

Found the service on the desk and bar a little hit and miss, but hardly detracted from the overall stay.

At the £57 per night I paid for this, you would be hard pushed to find a budget hotel thats better.

I will chose this hotel again when staying over.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 422, and found it to be quiet. I'd probably try to stay away from the elevators...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
James R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your 1 night stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, Its pleasing to see that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. You are right in saying that we have an enviable position situated just across the road from the Albert Dock. The most pleasing part of your review is to see that you felt your stay represented the value of money you paid. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in may. Ideal location and great value for money. Good breakfast, catering for healthly and not so much perfectly! But most of all every member of staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Not rehearsed "yes sir, no sir" stuff but helpful, diligent and knowledgeable of the city. Wouldnt stay anywhere else. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
kelsey g, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay in Liverpool. It is a true pleasure for myself and the team to read a fantastic review with positive comments about guests stay.
It is warming to note that our staff, particularly , assisted you with their outstanding customer service. Our attention to guest satisfaction is something we pride ourselves on at the Hampton.
Once again, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely
Kelsey

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I plus 2 friends recently spent a aweekend in Liverpool and stayed at the Hampton Hilton.We all thought the hotel was a great place to stay.Close enough to walk to the Albert Dock,Liverpool one and to Matthew Sreet etc.
The room was clean,big enough for us,with a comfy bed.The bathroom was clean and the walk in shower no problem at all,I prefer a shower anyway.Our friends room was just as good,they both liked their stay.
We stayed out till late one night,about 1 am(which is late for us oldies) ,got down to breakfast in the morning about 9am and got a table.It was a bit hectic around the cooked items but I opted for cereals and toast so it all went smoothly,plenty of hot water for a brew.
On the Sunday morning there was even more empty tables to choose from and not so hectic,so I had a very adequate cooked breakfast.The only criticism I can make is no fried eggs but that's being picky.
I think it was value for money.
PS we had no trouble with the aircon,we turned it off if it got too cold.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
kelsey g, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review on your stay at our hotel, I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our location excellent. I am glad that you found our complimentary breakfast tasty and all other aspects of the hotel was ideal for you.
Once again. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely

Kelsey
Guest service manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here, hotel clean, friendly and ideally located for our visit to the Echo Arena. Would have easily given 5 stars but for the bathroom, glass sliding doors offer very little privacy, maybe I'm old fashioned but give me a proper door every time!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gianfranco B, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Countryman490

Thank you for your taking the time to review our Hotel.

I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast and our location in the city.

I’m sorry to learn that the bathroom door was not to your expectations.

This Hotel is been open for just over four years and during construction Hilton Worldwide did ensure all aspects of the design were in line with Hampton standards to ensure compliance to the high service delivery that we aim for.

Once again I like to thank you for your time in reviewing the hotel and I like to take this opportunity to thank you, as well, for choosing us for your stay in the city.

We loved having you hire.

Kind regard