“Great value and clean and well managed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newsham Park Guest House

Newsham Park Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Newsham Park Guest House
Ranked #17 of 76 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value and clean and well managed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived here later than anticipated and was greeted by the owner who initially seemed a little grumpy that we were 3 hours late . Lol it was 1 am.but after explaining our delay was unforeseen his whole attitude changed and he made the kids some hot milk and sandwiches which we took up to our room , lovely we'll decorated bedroom and piping hot water for the showers in the morning , the breakfast was included in the price and overall we were delighted and we will use this guest house again when we are down this way

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Alan W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 1st march there was 9 of us in total as we were going ghost hunting at newsham orphanage the guest house owners were so pleasant couldn't help u enough the rooms lovely and clean and there was even a bar open 24hrs u had to take your own but thought that was different and fun I would definately recommend this to anyone wanting somewhere friendly we left out bank cards in our room and the owner even sent them back to us in the wallet and all the change not many others would do something as kind thank you x

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gooding75
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed Saturday 1st March 2014 for one night for my friends birthday,we were greeted by Lorraine who was absolutely lovely and friendly made us feel at home straight away,and also the ownerJimmy very friendly too.
Rooms were clean and comfy,and the bar room downstairs was brilliant pool tables,darts,karaoke and music and gave us chance to mix with the other guests who were very friendly ;).
Breakfast was well worth getting up for and the staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for us,we will definately stay again well worth the £30!!
Thankyou for a gr8 stay xx

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in newsham park guest house as it came highly reccomended by almost every person that I told I wanted to go to a Liverpool match the staff where very accomadating indeed felt so at ease in their company , breakfast n rooms were excellent as was spotless. I then met the owner who is jus one of the lads , jimmy actually give me my son Tyler his tickets for the kop at anfield wat an experience , downstairs has the lot , overhead projector tv for matches n kereoke n pool tables , the walls n ceiling decorated with signed memerobilia like a museam I wud advize anyone from hen to stag parties to football matches to use the newsham park guest house 1 mile from anfield football stadium I. Which jimmy the owner organized a tour for my son and I which was very much appreciated , I giv 10 out of 10 ya can't get a better place to stay I felt like I was at a friends house n before I went home it now is my friend I will stay In touch n defo b back 01512639400 ask for jimmy the true legend thanks again

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My friend and I stayed here on Saturday, 22nd February 2014 as we had booked to go to the Empire Theatre. Two days before our booking we rang to check our reservation for a twin room. Upon arrival, we were told that they had us booked into a room with a double bed because they had us down as a couple! Once we were sure that we had both packed our pyjamas we were led upstairs (taking care not to stick to the carpet) to our tiny, dingy, dirty room. We were given the wrong room key, so make sure you get the correct one. The bus into Liverpool City Centre was £2 each, and a taxi with Delta Taxis was £4.20. Black cabs were £7. The heating in the room is on full blast and when we asked if it could be turned down we were told 'No' just open the window. We had the window open all night so it was very noisy, but the bed was clean and comfortable. We ventured down for breakfast in the morning and were given a rubbery egg, beans, one sausage, one rasher of bacon and once slice of white toast. We had a pot of coffee each (we think it was coffee!) We helped ourself to a glass of juice which was tasteless orange cordial. The owner was frendly, but the rest of the staff could do with a lesson in customer service. The photos on the website are nothing like the actual place so don't be fooled. Needless to say, we won't be going back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carole N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed there on Saturday 7th December as I always do when in Liverpool. For some people to write that the owner and staff are not friendly or had no time for them I find a joke. I've been staying there for a few years now and always made to feel more than welcome by Jim the owner and the rest of the staff. £30 a night with breakfast included. Close to anfield and 5 to 6 pound in a taxi to the city center and £15 to the airport. Looking forward to staying there again in May.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gerard R
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The staff were very friendly,welcoming and helpful both while booking and during our stay there. The breakfast was good too. The rooms look very tired with many ornaments which needed an urgent dusting. But the heating issue was the worst. The room was very hot and even after switching off the radiators from 5 in the evening and with the open windows we still were roasting inside, that too in November!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family