“Lovely Hotel, Fabulous Food, Lovely Staff!”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Central position in city near the Cavern Quarter, nice and quiet. Breakfasts are really nice, cooked to order, good choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieLlwygwril

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I stayed at Heywood House Hotel on a girls weekend - what a treat! I was sceptical when I was told the cost - it seemed far too reasonable! The rooms were gorgeous - very boutique but without the boutique price tag! Fantastically located in the centre of Liverpool - walking distance of everything which was a bonus - close enough to the shops, close to the docks! Brilliant! Definitely will stay there again!

Room Tip: They do 2 types of room but from what I saw either are good;
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Very pleasant room with large screen TV. I prefer bath to shower but we were told that was available only in the "posh" rooms: this wasn't a "posh" occasion so ... the shower was very efficient. Reception very helpful and pleasant - left some items behind - returned quickly by post . My motto is never to unpack but Mrs.Me likes to hang everything up - my fault this time for moving stuff into cupboard - won't do that again.

Room Tip: High above street noise
1  Thank foyle3
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I liked this place enough the first time that I returned when back in Liverpool on business and once again, everything was excellent. The rooms are all smart, well decorated and have in room tea and coffee facilities. The attached restaurant (The Noble House) serves very good food at reasonable prices. If I was to level one criticism at the hotel, the lift is very slow and was prone to breaking down. A bit of a nuisance if you are on the third floor, but other than that, I would continue to reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Dyet92
HeywoodHH, Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Thank you for completing your second review of Heywood House Hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel.

Unfortunately during your visit, we did experience a very uncommon lift problem and I apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.

We appreciate your continued custom and great recommendation of the hotel.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

My wife took my to Liverpool for my Bday, which conveniently coincided with my team playing at Anfield so that was very handy!

First experience of the hotel wasnt great as we waited in reception for 10 mins with not a soul in sight, however from then onwards it was a fantastic. When we arrive in the room they had left a birthday card for me which was a very nice thought. The room was clean, tidy, very fresh and had evertything we needed so couldnt ask for more. The hotel is also very central so everything is close by, there is a pub next door so you do get some street noise but hey its in central Liverpool so I would expect some noise.

Got up in the morning and used the shower, great shower although same experience as the pervious person in that the bath didnt drain properly. Not sure this was due to hair, didnt find out exactly what it was but didnt really matter as you could see the bathroom was spotless clean when we arrived. Breakfast was great, freshly cooked and lots of choice.

All in all a great stay, would definetely reccomend this hotel to everyone

2  Thank terryh11

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us.

I'm apologise that upon your arrival you were left unattended for a short time. We have a 24 hour reception at the hotel, but on occassion staff members may need to assist guests to their rooms which could cause some delay.

We appreciate your high recommendation of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Friendly staff! Nicely done hotel, our plush room was really cute, bed comfy and big. Bathroom really nice with sewing kit, ear buds etc. 2 bottles of water, hotchoc and biscuits. We had a balcony with blue lights set ino the ground overlooking the streets. Really cool and would definatley stay again!!! Shame it doesn't have parking and brekie!!!

Room Tip: Plush room with balcony!!!
1  Thank Jem_may85

Many thanks for your great feedback from your recent visit with us. We agree that our plush balcony rooms are extra special.

We are pleased you a planning a return to Heywood House Hotel where a delicious breakfast is availabe at the adjoining Noble House restaurant.

And don't forget to ask for a discount voucher for QPark car park at reception.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

2 nights on part business and part pleasure in Liverpool - the latter is, pleasingly, possible. The hotel is central and, happily, not a business-style place. It is a little higgledy-piggledy but better that than a soulless straight corridor. The (rather slow and idiosyncratic) lift shouts at you at very high volume to the effect that the doors are closing - I would think it advisable to avoid any room near it.

The staff coped very well with the strange demands of my business partners; all were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good - the fried eggs were freshly cooked. I begin to think that my one man campaign to get rid of the congealed messes on a hot plate masquerading as fried eggs is beginning to take effect - perhaps hotels (other than 'business hotels') really do read these reviews.

My request for a radio (not supplied in the room) was swiftly granted although it clearly came as a surprise that any guest would want a radio. They kindly lent me the only one they had: I am clearly very unusual in regarding a radio as a necessity. Time for another campaign for hotels generally to provide radios along with freshly fried eggs.

I regret that the washbasin in our room did not drain properly. On investigation, it became clear that this was because of Heaven knows how much hair stuck in and blocking it (from a previous occupant, I presume). I did not bother to complain, assuming that the problem - so obvious - would be dealt with in the morning. It was not. A black mark for an otherwise excellent place.

Room Tip: Avoid next door to lift announcements
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank peter_miles

Thank you for taking the time to review Heywood House hotel. We are glad you appreciated our 'budgetique' centrally located hotel.

While we do not have radios as standard, all of our 35 rooms come with Bose Ipod Dock players and music channels available on the 32" LCD Televisions. With regards to the slow draining basin in your room, now informed, I will ensure housekeeping staff are vigilant in clearing all debris to avoid this occurrence.

We look forward to welcoming you and your business associates back to the hotel in the near future.