“Nice people in a great location”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Nice people in a great location”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Its a nicely run and fitted-out hotel at a reasonable price in central Liverpool, more the business district - which is good because it would be more noisy (and difficult to park) if it were further south in the prime nightlife areas. There's loads of good stuff nearby - the "Three Graces" are just 3 minutes walk away. It's a maximum walk of 15 minutes if you want to go across e.g. to Hope Street, the Phil and....I love this: Paddy's Wigwam (that's how a bloke I asked directions of described the Catholic Cathedral, as a landmark)

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Hotels location was ideal for all your sightseeing!. We hope we can welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Due to work commitments changing i checked in and out of this hotel 4 times in a week, after my first night there i just came back and back. Through work we can chose a lot of place but i really liked it here. The welcome and staff are friendly, and quickly became entertained by my coming and going. The rooms are all unique and tastefully done, 109 was my favourite. Each room has a good size and comfy bed with a good size TV, you even get a rubber ducky in each bathroom.

I would happily return anytime. The only downside is the Restaurant it is attached too. The young lady who runs breakfast is a really assess, really kind and welcoming. Sadly breakfast is a little disappointing the cold selection is a little lacking and the sausages are twice cooked and so very dry and tasteless apart from a charred flavour from the grill but the bacon is nice, i gave it a miss a couple of times. I was going to eat in 3 nights and only managed 1. The other 2 nights they had closed early, due to lack of business. Working in Hotels and Restaurants myself I know you will never build a client base closing earlier. After they second time i never bothered to try again, they did offer to make a sandwich but i just went to the Supermarket. But the staff are nice.

Honestly do try this little Gem it is worth it.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a better room, the details and unique features are worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank James W
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Hi James, thanks for leaving feedback on the hotel. It was a pleasure having you with us for as long as we did. I have noted your favourite room and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. I have passed your feedback onto our kitchen staff and restaurant team, and I do apologise about some of your experiences in there.
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say stayed at hotel for a couple of days in December service great hotel great . Then we went to eat in the bank restaurant christmas dinner was excellent spoke to the head chef he was very nice ask him how to make turkey gravy and he wrote how to do it ,, will be back next year ...

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Bankssss
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave such kind comments on our hotel and staff. I will pass this feedback onto our head chef as I am sure he will pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. See you next year!
Merthyr
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is truly a little gem in the heart of Liverpool. As soon as you arrive at reception you are welcomed with a warm smile and a willingness to help. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are lush. Really good shower and an air con room to cool down afterwards! Part of the hotel is the Bank restaurant which does a great dinner and even better breakfast. Can't say enough about the hotel. Shouldn't really because it may become so popular that I won't be able to make a booking there in future.

If you want to enjoy a comfortable stay and see the city then Heywood House is the place to go. Just down the hill is the famous Albert Dock with all its attractions or go in the opposite direction for Liverpool One and all the shops. If you go to the football like me then James Street station is just around the corner to catch a train for the Soccerbus. What more can you ask.

Room Tip: Spoilt for choice. If you really want an experience call the hotel direct and ask for one of their...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank philwill
Hi Phil! Thanks so much for the detailed and positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you with us and i am pleased to see our level of service has been noted. I’m glad to hear the location was ideal for your sort of trip, I take it you enjoyed the football then after the result?

Once again thank you for the feedback, I will pass this onto our restaurant team and I look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband and I spent a night at The Heywood House Hotel in December. The hotel had been recommended by our niece. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was immaculate and rooms were tastefully decorated. We were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not on the street side may be a bit quieter at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
HI Margaret, hope you’re well. Thanks for leaving such positive and kind comments on the hotel and staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can expect to see you in the future.
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed for a Saturday night last weeked.

For those looking for a night out in liverpool, it simply cannot be beaten.... this hotel has an excellent location, liverpool one withing 5 mins, and withing walking of seel street for the best bars, (try Salt Dog Slims, excellent bar with cool music and massive stein beers).

The hotel is beautiful. Excellent rooms and decor. Decent staff, although not at breakfast, requesting a simple coffee but to not receive one is not good, especially at £10 per head.

Our one main niggle about the hotel was a problem with our room. We had water pouring through the ceiling in the bathroom. Our first room was gorgeous, massive corner room, with a beautiful bathroom complete with roll top bath, just a shame about the impromptu shower....

Dues given my room was swapped quickly and without fuss..... But the room we swapped to was not a patch on the original. Same beautiful decor but felt let down with the tiny bath room, hardly enough room to brush teeth at the sink.

On check out the next morning, i was asked if everyting was ok with the stay.... mentioned the above, to be met with "ohhh right..... dont know why they didnt put you in on of the feature rooms on the 3rd floor, we had one available and there much nicer".....then a, right thats £20 for breakfast, thanks very much!!!!

Kind of soured the experience of the hotel.... which in all honesty would have scored a 5 but for the issues we encountered.... other members of our party loved it and would definately return as would we...

Room Tip: feature room on the top floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toffee34
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Good Evening Mr Leatherbarow! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House. I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and I am pleased to hear the location was ideal for yourself and your party. Regarding the breakfast, I have passed this onto our restaurant team for their consideration, and I do apologise.

Regarding the leak in the bathroom, we have now resolved the issue and I thank you for letting us know. I would like to also apologise that the room you were moved to was not to your liking in comparison to the original room. The original room itself is one of our feature rooms which we normally charge a supplement to stay in, but in this case you were given a free upgrade, and the room you were moved to was a standard so I can appreciate how you must have felt. If you do decide to stay with us again, ask for me (James) and I will deal with your reservation personally.

Hope you have a nice Christmas!
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Fantastic find ... A lovely boutique hotel just off the top of the main street and within easy reach of all the attractions. The Bank Restaurant is attached to the hotel and we were blown away by the service and attention to detail.

I am back there this week on business and have book again for a couple of nights ... and will definately be back for a long leisure weekend in the New Year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave such nice feedback on the hotel. I am really pleased to hear the location and facilities were ideal for your business trip. We look forward to welcoming you in the future for what i’m sure is a much deserved leisure trip!