“Mini Break”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastic hotel, could not fault the room or service provided. Shower in room very powerful which after a day out was very refreshing
Central to the city, Ideal to visit Docks and Liverpool one shopping center.
Staff very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: We had room 106 a plush room on the corner of the building, plenty of room
1  Thank linda e
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Good Morning! I am pleased to read that you found everything from our location, our staff and the services we provide in the room met your needs. If you are looking to return in the future, give our Reception Team a call and we will try our best to ensure you’re allocated room 106.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is very nice, and comfortable. Staff are nice and polite. pretty much everything that is needed is provided for you. I would recommend to friends and family and definitely stay here again. Not the cleanest iv'e seen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, that you will be recommending us and also returning to us. Regarding the cleanliness, I have passed this feedback over to our Housekeeping Team for their consideration. I look forward to welcoming you back to Heywood House in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just returned from an excellent 3 night stay at the Heywood House Hotel. We were extremely fortunate to get a fabulous deal which I assume must have been quite a bit below the 'normal' room rate. Whilst we always look for bargains we would, in the future, be willing to pay more than we did for the 'plush' room we were allocated.

The hotel is located in a side street less than a gentle 10 minute walk away from the main tourist dock - Albert Dock; and Liverpool One - the main shopping complex/pedestrian area. Both the room and en-suite were of a good size and shape and very well appointed with good quality items. Based on our observations the entire hotel is very well maintained and clean. The 3 members of staff we met - including James - were very professional ie helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel is situated next to a lively bar which as it was a bank holiday weekend played live music until almost midnight. However, we thoroughly enjoyed listening to good musicians play some great 60s/70s music. Guests less interested in being serenaded might prefer a room nearer the back of the hotel. The hotel does not offer bar or restaurant facilities but with such a choice of places so close at hand this is not a problem.

In the absence of a private car park or suitable street parking, using one of the nearby car parks is essential. We left our car in the car park suggested by the hotel. This is about 5 minute walk away and after the discount, the day rate was about a tenner. Finding the car park wasn't too difficult by following the instructions provided. However, be aware that travel along the Strand from either direction, the entrance is on the right ie you go under the road coming towards you. This almost caught me out. Following the directions from the hotel, the distance along the Strand is about 200 yards so get into the right hand lane as soon as possible (as I recall the entrance is immediately after 2 sets of lights).

Negatives? Can't think of any worthy of mention. Quite simply this is an exceptionally fine hotel situated in a great location. For those who haven't been, Liverpool is a fabulous place to visit for a city break. It was far, far better than I expected - stunning architecture (old and new); terrific museums (even the Tate is worth 'doing' even if just to laugh at what is regarded as modern art), wonderful history and nice folk.

Room Tip: Suspect a room at the rear of the hotel might be better for guests not wishing to listen to the grea...
2  Thank BizAberdeen

Good Morning! Thank you so much for your kind, positive and detailed feedback on Heywood House. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am thrilled to read that you had a positive experience with my colleagues. I am delighted to read also that you had a fabulous time in Liverpool and I can see that you thoroughly took advantage of some of the things Liverpool has to offer, and that you found Heywood House ideal for your type of stay.I hope that I can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Nice, modern, clean hotel in a good location.

Only downside is that it is next to a pub, which at weekends plays very loud music and has an extremely annoying DJ!

We were able to hear this in our room until it stopped around midnight. I suspect some rooms are better placed to avoid the noise.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickbrazel

Good Morning! Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were affected by outside noise during your stay. If you are looking to return, give our Reception Team a call directly with any concerns you may have and we will see that you’re placed in a more suited room for yourselves.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I arrived outside the hotel by car just as my wife, who had travelled by train, was checking in. It was pouring with rain and I had driven for over five hours on a Friday evening. The young lad on reception came out to meet me but rather than helping me with my bags he simply told me I couldn't park outside and ran back indoors. I had to make two trips back to my car to collect my own bags. That is hardly the sort of welcome one expects from a supposedly quality hotel.

The room itself was small but very comfortable. Unfortunately it didn't feel very secure. The safe didn't work and neither did the dead bolt on the room door. When we returned to the hotel late on Friday evening we were allowed to tailgate another couple inside and beyond the secure door to the rooms. We were not challenged by the late night staff.

And there was mold in the shower, which is always a turn off.

The lack of a restaurant didn't cause a problem and the Bar and Grill a few yards down the road, recommended by the non-bag carrying receptionist, was excellent.

I travel to Liverpool regularly and would stay at Heywood House again if the management could assure me that they had stepped up security and trained staff in the basics of customer sevice.

2  Thank 19stfatlad
HeywoodHouseHotel, General Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologise on behalf of our hotel for your disappointment in your stay. At The Heywood House Hotel your security is our priority, and if you felt unsecure during your stay we are very sorry. Our Hotel is fully equipped with CCTV cameras; this is closely monitored by our staff and security. We can assure you that tailgating is not allowed and you were allowed into the hotel late at night because our cameras and security recognised yourselves as a one of our guests. If this wasn’t the case then our security guard would have asked for your room number, however this was not necessary.
We appreciate our customers giving us feedback on the rooms so we have the power to deal with any issues that may occur during your stay.
We pride ourselves with having a high level of customer service, we are sorry if you felt that this was not up to our normal high standard, once again we apologise for the inconvenience this caused you.
We will take your comments on board moving forward, and hope that you would consider us again. We are confident we will meet your expectations next time around.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect for visiting Liverpool as it is close to the docks, Liverpool One, many restaurants and bars plus other tourist attractions. It does not have onsite parking, a bar or restaurant which are probably the only downsides but it is clean well presented and the rooms are nice and spacious. Each member of staff we encountered was very polite, friendly and helpful. I would return and recommend this hotel, although next time I would perhaps consider one with onsite parking as it is expensive to park on nearby public car parks (the hotel do provide a 40% discount voucher for Liverpool One Q) and a pain if you have a lot of luggage to carry through the centre.

2  Thank Steph224
HeywoodHouseHotel, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Good Evening! Thank you for your kind and positive feedback on the hotel. I am really pleased to hear that you found the location convenient for your kind of stay. I am also delighted to hear you had a positive experience with our staff. As a city centre hotel, I can appreciate the somewhat inconvenience of no on site parking, however we have ensured that our guests receive the best possible deal for a local car park. If you decide to stay with us, I would recommend arriving at the hotel first and leave your luggage with our reception team – we are more than happy to assist in any way to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Booked via laterooms at a very good price for what is an extremely comfortable hotel right in the middle of Liverpool city centre. Convenient for Liverpool One, the docks and the Cavern Club. The staff were very friendly and the room had everything you could want for a short break. Although there isn't any catering onsite buying a voucher for breakfast at the cafe around the corner was good value for money. Overall we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

2  Thank Caroline M
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Good Morning! I would like to thank you for posting such a positive review about the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a positive experience with our staff. I am also pleased to read that you found our location was ideal for your type of stay and I would also like to thank you for your recommendation. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.