“return visit”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 4 June 2014

2nd year running returned to celebrate my birthday, had a lovely room yet again, although I was unaware of the celebration packages they provided until I read the previous comment, I had mentioned in an e-mail and to the reception staff that it was my birthday , but it was never mentioned to me that they could provide this,
Would definitely return, but prefer to wait for special offers as can be quite pricy

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestMidlandsMindy
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Good Morning! Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion at Heywood House for the second year running. I think I speak for all the team when I say we enjoy and appreciate returning guests, even more so for them to spend special occasions here. I would like to apologise however that no one contacted yourself to make this stay extra special. Our tailor made packages are a service we have recently decided to push to our guests, so I am sorry this may have been missed on this occasion. In the mean time, keep an eye out on our website for our ‘Special Offers’ page and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Got a good deal on Booking.com for a two night stay here Monday and Tuesday. The room was nicely decorated and had a balcony. The bathroom was fine with lovely toiletries and fab shower. One thing that bugged me though was the body lotion...I ad a battle to get the stuff out. You can't squeeze the bottle so you end up slamming it against your hand which then results in lotion flying off in all directions. Fat bottles would be much better!
Breakfast was in a cafe round the corner where you can use a £5 voucher the hotel gives you. We didn't bother though so can't comment on that. On checking out I saw a basket of complimentary muffins so snaffled a couple of those!
Parking outside the hotel is expensive so you go to the Q park not too far away. You get a 20% discount with a voucher the hotel gives you.
The receptionist was lovely and helped with any questions we had. All in all a lovely two days, in a really handy position and I would definitely come again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinytobes
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good Afternoon! I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found our location ideal; that you had a positive experience with our staff and that you would return. I have noted your recommendation regarding the toiletries and have handed this over to our Housekeeping Team for their consideration.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good value and close to all the great Liverpool attractions. Room was small, but well equipped and had a great bathroom, not always the case in the UK. Easy walk to Beatles attractions, including the Cavern Club and the Magical Mystery Tour at Albert Dock. Museum of Liverpool, good restaurants and pubs all easy walking distance as well as the downtown pedestrian mall. And only steps to the James Street rail station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Choo Choo H

Good Afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location ideal for your leisure trip. I know our future guests will find this review useful so again I would like to thank you and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel at very short notice without really knowing where it was as I was meeting up with people I worked with in the 80s. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming and the location at the end of the main shopping street was excellent. It was an easy walk from Lime Street station and near a very good Italian restaurant. I booked a standard double which has a shower not a bath but the room had everything you need including an iron and ironing board which came in very useful and a kettle and tea and coffee. The Internet was free and I was able to log on to my iPad straight away. The hotel didn't do breakfast on site but you could buy a voucher for a local cafe. I went and had a delicious bacon sandwich on thick buttered toast! All in all a comfortable room in a lovely clean hotel in a very central location at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patbhome
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Good Evening! Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed and informative feedback on the hotel. I am pleased to read that you found everything from our services, location, staff and prices ideal for your particular stay. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just left this hotel after 2 nights stay. It is great hotel, very central and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are lovely and beds very comfy! Would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014

Good Evening! I would like to thank you for your recommendation, positive feedback and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed everything from the location, our staff, to the room you stayed in.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Heywood Hotel in a balcony room. Unfortunately, it was raining during most of our visit so we didn't get to use the balcony very much. Our room was very clean, although small compared to the pictures on the website. The best part of the hotel was its location close to restaurants and the waterfront; however, when we tried to take a taxi back to the hotel one night we did have trouble with drivers not having heard of it. We ate breakfast twice in the attached restaurant at it was very good both times.

My only real complaint with the hotel is that they almost made us miss our train to London. We had train tickets at 9:30 the morning we were leaving. I asked at reception the night before if we should reserve a car to the station or if it would be easy to get a taxi. The man working said he would reserve a car for us. The next morning the car was not there so the woman working called the service. Didn't show. She called again and he kept saying he was on his way. Finally, when he showed up, he didn't stop, he drove right by me on the curb. By now, our train was leaving in about 20 minutes. We walked down to the end of the street and there was a huge taxi stop right there. We could have easily gotten a cab on our own without the worry this had caused. That's what I was asking the man the night before. The taxi driver told us that the hotel has deals with the car company and that's why they don't tell their patrons about the taxi stop. We made our train with only 5 minutes to spare. I don't like to travel that way and the hotel should do whatever is best for their guests if they want to retain them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zihuatcat

Good Evening! Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on the hotel. It certainly does sound like you had some trouble with the taxi service you received, I trust this has not reflected on your stay with us, as a separate business altogether.

I would like to clarify that our hotel does not have any sort of deals or promotions with any taxi company within Liverpool and you have been misinformed by a representative of a taxi company not associated with ourselves. At Heywood, our staff live and have grown up local and we make decisions for our guests using our own knowledge, recommendation and experience for what we feel would be best. Unfortunately we have no control over the efficiency and time management of taxi services and we would have used this company on the basis that they are usually reliable, but for this instance it appears you were let down and for that I do appreciate your frustration and hope that our best interests have not been lost in this.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel was good value for money and extremely central.
At one stage we were short on towels and cups but one phone call to reception and they attended to our request immediately. Friendly staff, clean hotel. Ideal location for Liverpool 1 and sight seeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room because especially at week ends there can be noise.