“Unexpected Liverpool gem”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #16 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Unexpected Liverpool gem”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Heywood House Hotel on July, 30th. I booked this hotel because of its location and price. It was as easy to get to by car as it was easy to get rid of the car by parking it at QPark, which is a fantastic option if you take into consideration the substantial discount off the parking fee with a voucher you get from the hotel. Although the parking vouchers are for the QPark at Liverpool One, when I told the staff that I had parked at the QPark John Lewis nearby, the told me that it wouldn't matter as the discount was also available for this parking.
The hotel is a few minute walk to the busiest streets of the city centre, Liverpool One, Albert Dock and other Waterfront attractions and one minute to James Street station.
Reception is tiny, but this is no problem at all. You don't stay at reception.
Access to the lift and staircase through a door that you open with your key seems a good security idea.
The rooms are good-sized, very clean, silent and well appointed. Good bathroom with a nice shower and a selection of amenities. The bed is big enough and very comfortable.
Complimentary coffee and muffin at reception rounds a perfect stay.
I recommend this hotel without hesitation, and will be my first choice in any trip to Liverpool in the future.

1 Thank Francesc C
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review on Heywood House for your July visit to Liverpool. I am delighted to find that you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed all the services that we offer and took advantage of our prime location within Liverpool for your particular visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Liverpool and Heywood in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is in a central location and within walking distance of the Cavern Club. We arrived late morning but the room was ready so we checked in straight away. The room was very spacious and comfortable. There's tea/ coffee facilities and the shower was clean and worked properly! Tere's a rubber duck to brighten up your day when you have a shower first thing in the morning! The staff are knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Viv142014
Thank you for your kind and positive review on Heywood House. I am pleased to read that you found our location and early check in time ideal for your visit. I am also pleased that you had a positive experience with our staff and I hope the team can welcome you back in the future.
Buckley, Wales
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and i stayed here for 1 night on 1/8/2014. I booked this hotel on-line after unsuccessfully looking to book a travelodge for the night. What an excellent and good value choice i made as this hotel is so lovely inside. The rooms have a very modern design and were spotlessly clean.
There is complmentary tea /coffee and muffins at reception as well as tea, coffee, hot chocolate making facilities within the rooms. There is a lift as well as stairs to all floors.
The staff were very helpful and you can leave your luggage behind reception after checkout if you want to ( no charge ).
I have to say though that what really shines is the location. its a 5 minute walk to the city centre attractions, Cavern walks etc... We travelled by train from north wales and got off at James Street Station, where its literally a 90 second walk to the hotel !!
We had a fabulous stay. Matthews Street was awesome.I would definately return to this hotel, ( the pub next door wasnt a problem at all ) and would recommend it without question.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Welshmod
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House. I am delighted that you and your wife thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything from the room, price, location and the staff all to your liking. Thank you also for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've never really felt the need to write a review after spending only 1 night at that hotel. However, I feel the need now to feedback on what a fantastic experience we had at Heywood House. The location is brilliant for going to Liverpool One and the train stations.
We arrived at the hotel at around 10.30 am and asked if we could leave our bags there instead of lugging them around with us until check in at 3. Not a problem. We did the same after we'd left the next morning. We had booked a Balcony room, which I would definitely recommend. Room itself was fantastic. Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JackLFC05
Thank you for your review on your recent visit. I am pleased that, although you do not usually leave feedback on your hotel experiences, your positive experience with us has enticed you to do just that. We appreciate this and I am delighted that you found our location, your feature room and the service we offer were ideal for your stay. We look forward to your return.
essex england
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Booked deal with Travel Zoo for my husband's birthday as he is a big Beatles fan. The room was very comfortable and there were "happy birthday" banners on the wall as well as a card for him. Nice touch. The staff were very helpful with where to go etc. There was complimentary coffee and muffin in reception in the morning. We went to local restaurant for full English breakfast with a voucher from the hotel. The only slight niggle was that there is no parking at the hotel and we had to go down the road to the new Liverpool one Q carpark which was underground. When we left we were given a voucher for 40 per cent off the charge. We both enjoyed the couple of days that we were there doing the usual things like magical mystery tour and the Beatles Story. The Pier head and Albert Dock is a really nice area alongside the Mersey. We would recommend this hotel and a trip to Liverpool with a great shopping area.

3 Thank tiger096
Thank you for your review on your recent visit to Liverpool. I am delighted to find that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, for his special occasion. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future as Liverpool has so much more to offer.
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Could not reccomend this hotel more I stayed last night with my 8 year old daughter and the hotel was perfect. Firstly yes the pub next door does slightly put you off but we walked past are real times and had no issue. I had rung and requested a room that was quiet and the staff were more than willing it accomadate this. Parking at Liverpool 1 is easy and the hotel will give you a voucher which makes parking very cheap. The hotel check in was great James was very helpful and also very friendly towards myself bad little girl. Now the room it was amazing very Boutique and as good as Malmasion down the road which I have also stayed in. Air con , power shower , iPod Dock, good TV and the beds were so comfy. Yes you get abit of noise ( even on the third floor ) but bare in mind it's a city centre hotel. I would not have been happy to be right above the pub though and in booking to come back again I would request not to be anywhere near the pub. The grab and go breakfast is cool and the muffins are very good. All the staff we encountered were so friendly and I felt totally safe alone with my daughter. I've told all my friends to stay here when they visit Liverpool as it's a great place to stay and I'm def coming back. Well down Heywood and staff .

Room Tip: Ask for high up or at the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Good Evening! Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback on Heywood House. I am really pleased to find that you found everything to your liking, from your check in, the staff, to the services we offer within and outside of the hotel. Also I would like to thank you for recommending us to all of your friends and I am delighted to read that we can expect you to return. Give our reception team a call directly if you have any worries, we are more than happy to assist in any way we can.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would NOT recommend this hotel there are much better, cheaper and centric options in Liverpool.

Customer service is the worst. Not only they charged us 100 pound without authorization but they didn't even provided any detailed cost and proof and hotel manager hanged up me on the phone when trying to solve the case.

About hotel, it is located in a street next to pubs, so you can't open the windows unless you want to hear noise and bed was not comfortable. Wifi signal is free but not fast enough.

Good luck if you decide to stay in this hotel.

5 Thank Daniel J
Good Evening! As discussed with you several times, any damages caused to the hotel will be charged accordingly. I am disappointed that this decision has led to this review and you feel this is a reflection on our customer service ability, for which we are consistently noted and merited on in the majority of our reviews.