“As Advertised”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The hotel is central, very clean and modern.
The kitchenette provides the basics.
Friendly front desk staff.
Will stay their next time we visit Liverpool.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Easyville
Write a ReviewReviews (4,324)

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a late review for my one night stay in Oct 2010. Purposed of my first visit to Liverpool during my short holiday in England is to visit Liverpool FC since it is the club I been supporting since I was young. I chose to stay at this hotel based on the top rating for Liverpool hotels from TA and I have to say it rightly deserved to be the top hotel in Liverpool. It is located very near to Liverpool One shopping and eating places. It is also nearby to Lime Street train station. When I arrived at the train station, I took a cab to the hotel and only realized then that it was not far. Thus when I went back the next day, I decided to walk to the station to catch my train back to London. It is also within walking distance to the beautiful Albert Dock area, one of the best waterfront scenery I have ever seen.
When I arrived at the hotel, from the outside it has the look of a simple old block of building but once I was inside the building, it has modern and contemporary design interior which I like very much. Stayed at a single room no 104 where the room has the same concept of contemporary with modern fittings and accessories. The room was clean and surprised it even has a kitchenette. Best of all, it provide free Wi-Fi which works very well inside the room.
Staffs the reception counter were friendly and helpful, especially Damian. He checked out the correct bus for me to use from the town center for my visit to Liverpool Football Club. He also had entertained all my questions about Liverpool town and went the extra mile by providing some additional information.
Overall I am very pleased with my brief stay in this hotel would stay in this hotel again if I ever go back to Liverpool. Very good value for money spends for my one night stay for the comfort, location, the room size and friendliness of the staffs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank bencj88
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The apartments offer fabulous, spacious accommodation in the heart of Liverpool They are an ideal base for anyone wishing to explore the city centre.

The apartments have recently been renovated and as such offer a good quality, clean and modern environment. Unlike many hotels in Liverpool the security is strict, requiring entry keys to access the building and lifts. The staff are polite and helpful. The hotel is quiet and guests are expected to show respect to others. Hence it is ideal for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mmike717
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel was AMAZING. I've just come back from a hen-weekend and we stayed here. The hotel was situated right in the heart of everything, shops, bars restaurants etc, it was brilliant. Our room number was 002 and I shall definately be coming back to this room, we had an UPSTAIRS, with two single beds and downstairs with a double bed, our own kitchenette with microwave, kettle, fridge etc. We even had floor to ceiling curtains that were operated electronically and air-conditioning.

I'm coming back soon to this hotel and bringing my family, and I would DEFINATELY recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fabulous place to stay in Liverpool.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank SarahLou2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

base2Stay is very new, having opened only in 2010. The hotel is in an industrial building from the middle of the 19th century, which has been spectacularly renovated. If you want to know just how spectacularly, look up the address in Google Street View and you will see the building in its pre-renovation state. Incidentally: on Street View the whole of Seel Street and environs look rather depressing but don't let this worry you. The images apparently date from just before Liverpool's turn as European Capital of Culture in 2008 and the area looks very much better now.

The hotel announces itself as "located in the beating heart of Liverpool" and that is perfectly true. Bars, restaurants and clubs are literally round the corner and the area gets very busy on weekend nights. With a room on the ground floor looking out on a side street we were expecting a lot of noise during the night, but the sound proofing is so good that the hotel might just as well be on a remote mountaintop. The hotel has neither restaurant nor bar (which makes sense in this neighbourhood); breakfast can be ordered from a nearby cafe and they will deliver it to your room. We preferred going out for breakfast: there are plenty of places nearby (many of them listed on the hotel website) but keep in mind they only open at 10 AM. If you want your breakfast earlier, ordering it in the room is the only option. The rooms also have a kitchenette and fridge.

We had a Gallery Studio (double-height studio for 3-4 persons) so we can't really say anything about the standard rooms. The equipment is very modern (figuring out the remote control of the curtains was a bit of a challenge) and the room was impeccably clean. The reception staff were efficient and extremely friendly. We stayed for 2 nights in the second half of July. The room price (for 3 persons) was £159 per night.

The main sights are within walking distance (and not being much of a walking person when I say "walking distance" I *mean* "walking distance): main shopping streets 5 minutes, waterfront and Liverpool One about 10 min, the cathedrals 15 min. If you arrive by car you can use the Q-Park, which is only about 150 metres away and is clean and well-lit. The hotel has an arrangement with them and you can park for £ 9.50 per 24 hours.

This review may sound like a sponsored ad, but no - we were paying guests and the above is my honest opinion. base2Stay gets 5 stars all round and I will gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mark_2570
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We have just returned from a 2 night stay here whilst attending our son's graduation. As he lived in this area whilst studying, we know and love it for its character and vibrant atmosphere, so had no hesitation in booking this hotel Yes, it is a converted warehouse, but that's part of its charm. Surely it's better to convert these old buildings rather than pull them down and put up some characterless monstrosity? If you want glass and chrome, book somewhere else! The area doesn't look the best, but I suppose we're used to it from our many visits and know there is no problem. It is a city centre after all. Please don't be put off; Liverpool is a fantastic place, with the most amazing people and this is a great part of the city.

The staff looked very smart in their understated suits and black T shirts and were so friendly and helpful. The room on the 4th floor contained the original beams and was spotless. We had no problems with the a/c, but do agree that it would be nice to leave it on when the room is empty. However, the hotel is trying hard to be as environmentally friendly as possible, so can see why they operate the keycard system. The room soon cooled down, so we didn't consider it a big deal.

For a city centre hotel, it was remarkably quiet at night. The bars of Slater St and Wood St are just around the corner, but we didn't hear any noise.

As we didn't have time to go out for breakfast, we ordered the breakfast delivery from FACT, just bacon sandwiches and juice, and it was very quick and still hot when it arrived. There are lots of places to eat nearby, including Maggie Mays on Bold St which serves a good plate of scouse. For a nice, reasonably-priced evening meal, try the Clove Hitch near the Philharmonic Hall, and order a bottle of their house red...a really soft and fruity Merlot.

If you come to Liverpool, don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ROSIEW
Reviewed 30 July 2011

For the same price as a travelodge you will actually have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. No restaurant however rooms all have kitchenettes which is a plus due to the location being very close to a Tesco superstore with good opening hours.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family