“very modern, clean and good facilities , definitely value for money!”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Knaresborough
“very modern, clean and good facilities , definitely value for money!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was a nice clean modern hotel with adequate space, good facilities, friendly staff, etc. Enjoyed my stay! Not too expensive either. Only thing was that onscreen internet in the room did not work!

Room Tip: dont have any - stayed once - but not noisy in my room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rexxnewton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My step dad paid for this hotel as part of my birthday. He booked the studio room that sleeps 4 people online.
Arrived at the hotel at quart to 2 in the afternoon after a long drive and attempted to check in. The woman serving us asked to see the credit card we used online, which my response was it's my step dad's and he is not currently in the country. I then proceeded to say that no where on the website when booking the rooms does it say that they need to swipe it upon arrival as far as I was aware, the room had been paid for online, her response was then 'well there is nothing I can do about that, it's not my problem!' I was shocked. I rang my step dad and tried to get the lady to talk to him to get some confirmation and she then stated she needed it in writing so he would have to get to a computer to email reception!
In the end it went on one of our cards but I was very annoyed with the attitude of the woman who checked us in, rude and unecessary.

Other than that our stay was exquisite! Clean room, nice space and added extras such as the tv and the free channels we got on there! One small quibble about the room would be that on the wall leading down the stairs there were marks all along the wall where previous guests have obviously scuffed the walls and it ruins the look of the room, as I said, other than that, amazing!
The guys who were on at reception during the night were very nice, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They were especially patient with us when we returned having consumed a bit too much alcohol ! :)
Check out was extremely fast though the check out of 11am was too early!

Will be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2011
b2smanager, Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Dear Jessicaa,

Thank you for your wonderful review of base2stay, I was so pleased to read that you felt your stay was 'exquisite'. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you encountered on check in. Except with our advance purchase rates, rooms are only guaranteed with the credit card and we do not take full payment until check out. If a guest wishes to use another person's credit card then as is usual for these transactions, we are required to obtain written confirmation from the cardholder for the security of the cardholder, the credit card company and the hotel. I will ensure that reception explain this in more detail to ensure similar misunderstandings do not re-occur, and I do hope this did not in anyway spoil your stay with us.

I was really pleased that you enjoyed the Gallery Studio, as these rooms are very popular with families and groups hence they do need to be maintained on a more regular basis which we do to ensure they are kept to the highest standard and look and feel as fresh as they did when we opened just a year ago. Thank you for pointing out the marks and I will ensure that the Gallery Studio that you stayed in is attended to as a matter of urgency.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to base2stay very soon.

Andrea Burton
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The concept of the hotel worked extremely well. We got a high standard of room ("Superior double"), with a mini-kitchen. We made breakfast using cereal and milk bought at Tesco's just up the road, and ate other meals in some of the many nearby restaurants - one with a 20% discount from the hotel. Our well-appointed room on the top floor had two windows with Liverpool views - Liver Birds in one. The hotel is very well located for everything we wanted to do - ten minutes walk from Cathedral, Albert Dock (Tate Liverpool, Maritime Museum), Museum of Liverpool, Walker Art Gallery. Ground floor lounge provided neutral space to meet our friends - we had thought we'd have to meet in bedroom.
Main weakness was checkin. The receptionist was talking on telephone when we arrived, started to check us in, then answered another call and left us standing around. It seemed to be this particular person - our friends were very well received.

Room Tip: Room 415 has windows on two sides - possibly the only one that does, because of the position of the...
Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clare F
Dear Clare F,

Thank you for your wonderful review of base2stay, I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the mini kitchenette to be useful, with Tesco just a two minute walk away it is ideal for preparing light meals, I am also delighted that you managed to make use of some of the many discount vouchers we have for many of the top restaurants, the choice is truly varied and exciting with discounts of up to 20%.

I was sorry to read that you were kept waiting at reception, as we do pride ourselves on our customer service, and I do apologise that we did not deliver on this occasion.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to base2stay in the near future.

Andrea Burton
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

New hotel, clean, quiet, spacious, friendly reception, in the centre of the Ropewalks area, walking distance to pubs, restaurants, Albert Dock. I would definetely recommend this hotel as a great "Base2stay"

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aus_Harry
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I hate staying in the same-old, same-old types of hotels, which is why I shoot for boutiques or B&Bs when possible. In Liverpool, I couldn't find a satisfactory "family" option for either, so I went with this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised--it appears to be a standard hotel, but the service is very professional and courteous and the rooms are contemporary and interesting, making great use of what could be insufficient space under other circumstances. They don't do food, so we picked up breakfast supplies from the Tesco down the street and stored them in the fridge. Our loft was very cool, with mood lighting, remote-controlled two-story curtains, etc. Just a few blocks from the action on the Mersey, too, but not in a "busy" (i.e. loud) area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cokead
London
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I arrived very late and was pleasantly surprised by the polite, helpful reception at Base2Stay. The gentleman on the desk took my name and handled the check-in procedure for me, while I sat down on one of the comfortable chairs in the reception area, with a cup of coffee. My room - like the entire hotel - was spotlessly clean, as were the sheets and towels. The triple glazing made for a peaceful night. Last but not least, the shower was properly powerful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LadyPerdita
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed at base2stay on business for 1 night. Have stayed in Liverpool many times before, put have either spent a small fortune on city centre hotels, or stayed out at the Albert Docks in the Premier Inn or Jury's Inn.
This hotel combines the best of both these worlds, with an excellent location (just a few minutes walk to Liverpool One or Chinatown) and a competitive rate (only £10 more than the Premier Inn).
The hotel seemed brand new, and my room was fantastic - really modern and stylish, and incredibly comfortable. There was even a fridge and kitchenette, as well as a decent work desk in the room, so it would have been perfect for a longer stay.
Would definitely stay here again as the price, location, and comfort cannot be beaten anywhere in Liverpool.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business