“Amazing value, great city location!”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Tarleton, United Kingdom
“Amazing value, great city location!”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Stayed here for 1 night in the week running up to Christmas. Called the hotel direct to book and spoke to Chris who was very helpful. Upon arriving 3 days later Chris was on Reception and as soon as I mentioned my name he remembered our call and all the details we'd discussed which was a nice touch. He couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

The room was much larger than I expected - spotlessly clean and well equiped. Base2Stay has the best in house tv/entertainment system of any hotel i've stayed in and the mini kitchenette was a great addition. We didn't use it this time but certainly will next time!

One thing that stood out - it may sound daft - but the room had useful mirrors! As a contact lens wearer I need a decent mirror to put them in and my partner likes to straighten her hair which again there was a great mirror for. I think it just goes to show that the rooms have been designed to be used as well as looking good.

I'd also like to point out that the bed was wonderful - I can't think of a more comofortable hotel bed i've slept on. We also made use of the free coffee in the lounge which was a nice space to read the paper and plan our evening out.

All in all I couldn't fault it - from the service, to the location and the excellent rooms. The best thing was the price - its very competively prices so much so I had to double check i'd heard right!

5 Thank mysticfruitbat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2011

As Mancunians go I'm probably the odd one out. I lurrve Liverpool and Scousers (can't stick the Beatles though so I'm ok in some respects). So on one of our many jollies to the the lovely city we stayed at base2stay. The hotel was clean, comfy and location wise it was perfect. The room was great with a kitchenette tv and two comfy beds, ah but there were three of us and the third bed was not comfy at all. Also we had booked a room with a queen size/kingsize bed but it was two singles. The staff offered to turn it into a kingsize (how? By magic? It surely would have been two singles pushed together). Anyway as we were with our grandaughter and not wanting to appear to be perves we declined. Himself and our 7 year old grandaughter bagged the comfy beds (she quite charmingly farted in hers just to be sure I took the rubbish extra bed.) The fold out bed was rock hard but ok for one night. The staff were helpful and friendly and if it only had a bar (and a comfy spare bed) this hotel would be perfect. It doesn't have a restaurant either but the location is so good, and local places to eat are recommended in the hotel, it doesn't really matter.
By the way we were there to see a panto, Cinderella, at the Playhouse - the best panto I've ever seen!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ludlowcca
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for your recent review, and I was very pleased to read that you found our staff helpful. Our hotel is an ideal location for Liverpool’s cultural attractions, including theatres, the Liverpool One shopping centre and close to many of the top restaurants and bars where we offer discount vouchers up to 20%. Together with the mini-kitchen in each guest-room and complimentary Nespresso in our reception lounge, we believe we offer great value and a flexible alternative to conventional hotel bars and restaurants.
I was sorry that you found the fold-out bed uncomfortable. We have found these beds to be more substantial for adults rather than the usual hotel Z bed that usually only sleep children but apologise that you didn’t find it comfortable enough. If guests contact reception should they find the bed unsuitable, we will always do our best to change rooms, subject to availability.
Our king-size beds are zip and link with mattress protectors to ensure you don’t feel any difference and this provides greater flexibility for the many guests who request twin beds. I am delighted to see how many guests comment on how comfortable they find our beds.
We are glad your family enjoyed the Cinderella pantomime as it has been given great reviews by a number of our guests, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to base2stay Liverpool in the near future and we will ensure you have the bed of your choice next time!
London
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This should serve as a model for affordable accomodation in reviving city centers, particularly in the UK where affordability and "cutting edge design" tend not to be incorporated in the same hotel. It is perfectly located a few steps from the "new" LiverpoolOne shopping centre in a characterful rennovated old brick wharehouse building. Reception was uniformly friendly and welcoming. My room was perfectly formed...on the top floor with exposed wooden beams and a small "kitchenette". Free wifi. I got an amazing rate on hotelsdotcom and was slightly apprehensive even after reading the positive reviews. I was super-pleasantly surprised. Nice lounge area on the ground floor with free coffee/tea. I am quite discerning, but find nothing to really criticize at Base2Stay.

Room Tip: I booked a single, which unlike the UK norm was actually quite large although on the top "dorme...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank UKbanker33
Ewloe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Base2stay Liverpool was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and great value for money.The location was great not far from the Albert Dock and a short walk to restaurants and bars and Liverpool one.The hotel was very modern and loved the room, had a long mirror great for getting ready and a plug right next to the mirror for straightners!
The hotel staff were friendly and gave us a 20% discount for the Blue Bar and Grill which came in handy and also a discount on the parking! A great stay and would definatley reccommend and stay again!

5 Thank Michelle W
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Spent 2 nights in Liverpool, as part of our Echo & The Bunnymen weekend (gig was brilliant! ;) )
A very stylish hotel, in a great location all for very reasonable price!
The room had everything we could ask for and more - full WiFi cover, FreeView, Mini Kitchen, Modern comfy bathroom.
Having a fridge (and Microwave) in the room was very convenient for us.
Central location meant I could go back for a late afternoon nap while the husband kept exploring the city.

3 Thank Fishbone46
Indian Wells, California
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Base to stay was perfect for a trip to a Liverpool soccer game! It's in a great part of the city and the trip to Anfield was easy! The hotel itself is very sleek and modern....and crisp and clean! However, the staff is what made my stay so enjoyable. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Two staff members that stood out were Darrin and Caroline! I would return to this location because of them and the flawless property.

ps Go Reds
pss check out "the hole in the wall cafe for breakfast"

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank kef101
b2smanager, Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review of base2stay. I was very pleased to read you found the team friendly and professional and the rooms quiet and clean. Although base2stay does not have a restaurant or bar, I do hope you managed to take advantage of the many discount vouchers available at reception for some of the top restaurants in Liverpool. I note the recommendation to the Hole in the Wall café for breakfast. If you feel like a lie-in, we also offer a breakfast service, which can be delivered to your room from as little as £5.00 per person.

Excellent customer service is vital in our business and I will pass your comments on to the 2 members of team you mentioned. I hope to see you back at base2stay soon.

Merry Christmas.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed overnight with my teenage daughter. Great city centre location - close to train stations, shops, theatres and museums. There was a mix up with the reservation date so we were upgraded - fantastic room. Bed was really comfy and my daughter appreciated the internet via TV. Staff very friendly and helpful. Extremely useful to be able to leave luggage on check out day so you can get the most out of your stay. Didn't have any problem with noise which was a nice change for a city centre. Room was well appointed and clean. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family