“A New Concept That Fits The Bill”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Istanbul, Turkey
“A New Concept That Fits The Bill”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The concept is great and in line with my requirements. The rooms are a good size and are well presented. They are modern and, most importantly, they have a small kitchen area so that you can get your own provisions without having to spend ridiculous money on hotel food / minibar.
There is no bar, restaurant or gym, but the idea is that, being located so centrally (a 3 minute walk to Liverpool One), you have every opportunity to go out and have breakfast / dinner in any one of the many eateries available a short walk away in the city centre.
Finally, the best thing of all was the tremendous friendliness and service given by the staff, We arrived on Christmas Eve, and Darren who was on duty could not have done more for us. Also, the guys who we dealt with over the following couple of days were great as well. A tremendous asset to the overall concept.
In summary, a great concept, nice place in an area that is developing, great people and, especially for such a central location, a great place. I thoroughly recommend to anyone this great hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jimono

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Base 2stay was one of the highest ranked hotels in Liverpool which lead to our choosing it. The pictures that you see on the website are identical to what is actually there (which isn't always the case). The room was large, clean and well appointed. The lobby and rest of the hotel was very modern and warming. Liverpool has had some troubled times in the past and wasn't recognized as a huge tourist destination because of it's "rough" reputation. Since 2008 the city has been given a huge face lift. The hotel is close to many of the main sites including a 10-15 walk to Albert Dock, world famous Mathew Street and the Cavern, the shopping district as well as the central train station. Staff was extremely helpful as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gerry B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed in a 'Superior' room for four nights at the beginning of January. It's not a big place - just over 100 rooms and is a factory conversion. The hotel is about 10 minutes on foot from Liverpool Lime Street station and is perfectly located for shops, restaurants, etc. There's a Tesco supermarket at the end of the road and a Waitrose just over five minutes away.

The room was a reasonable size although nothing special. There was a fridge, a microwave, three sets of cutlery and crockery, and a sink. That was enough to make a decent breakfast. The room (324) was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff were young, friendly and, generally, efficient. I was a bit disappointed that many of the channels on the TV weren't working but the wi-fi connection was fine and everything else was working well. The receptionist told me that lower rooms are quieter than higher rooms and that noise from the many nightclubs can be a problem some evenings.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again. It is very good value indeed.

Room Tip: The receptionist told me that lower rooms are quieter than higher rooms and that noise from the many...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Justin_Dillon
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Flat out: great location, nice, well-appointed rooms and reasonably priced. However, both staff and management completely unprepared when something goes wrong.

Rooms were not ready at check-in and I literally had a performance shortly after my arrival. They offered to hold my luggage until the rooms were ready but, I needed to change my clothing before my performance. Ended up playing a set and sweating through my travel wardrobe.
Got checked-in to my room after, drenched in sweat. I had reserved a double room and found out three days into my four-day stay that they had placed me into a single suite. Offered NO COMPENSATION WHEN I COMPLAINED. base2stay offered to move me into a double suite for my last evening? Hardly. Essentially switched my rate to the single room for the stay with no apology for putting me into the incorrect room.
Booked a non-smoking floor but the hallways perpetually smelled of cigarette stench.

Clueless.

Worth taking a chance on but appreciate that YOU ARE TAKING A CHANCE.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank James P
robertarthur, Owner at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
I would firstly like to apologise for the errors and what appears to be uncharacteristically poor service that you received when you stayed with us in May 2011. I have been trying to establish exactly what occurred back then so that I can offer some explanation and ensure that we don’t repeat these errors. Whilst we always try to get guests straight into their rooms even when they arrive prior to our check in time, as previous reviews attest, this isn’t always possible. However, if someone needs the use of, say, a bathroom, we always try to accommodate that, and I am disappointed and sorry that we appear not to have done so here. I am also at a loss to explain why you were put in a smaller room type than that booked, unless it was because reception was trying to get you a room more rapidly, but apologise again. I have to confess to being surprised that you didn’t note that you were in a smaller room for 3 days. Whilst I would like to think that our singles, with 4ft beds, are larger than most, some reviews indicate that certain guests find them small, and I would have anticipated that this would have been noticeable if one had booked a double, but that doesn’t detract from the fact that you weren't been given the room type you booked, and should have been offered some form of apology or compensation. I am equally bemused at the comment about the smell of smoke. We are a non-smoking hotel, and whilst there will be rare occasions when guests smoke in their rooms (there is a cleaning charge if they do and the risk of fire alarms going off), it is the exception, and I can only apologise again if you smelt smoke on more than one occasion. I have tried to contact you and hope we can demonstrate to you that we do care about customer service above all else.
Kind regards, Robert Nadler CEO
Liverpool
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed here for our 10th Wedding Anniversay.1st Class location, excellent service with superb rooms & cleanliness. We took an upgrade to one of the top room specs (room 007) and it didn’t disappoint. Plenty of shops, pubs, cafe's and restaurants on your doorstep (but not in your face) with a good independent cinema at the FACT Picturehouse just a few mins away. The situation of this hotel is on a quiet road adjacent to lively areas of town - It's surprisingly hard to imagine you're in a city centre once in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tupski75
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I always stay here when in Liverpool. This hotel would cost around 300 GBP/night if it were in London. Free internet. Only drawback is breakfast which is outsourced from a local shoppe and then delivered in the morning , thus if your order isn't in by 9pm the preceding night, no dice. Not a big thing for me though.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chetelodicofare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Just spent two nights here and we were very impressed - excellent service from the friendly staff, really comfortable, large room, in the city centre near lots of bars and clubs and yet not a sound disturbed us and we were there on a Friday night after LFC won a match 5-1!
For the price you don't expect luxury extras but this really has all you need for a short stay: fridge, kettle, shampoo and shower gel, hairdryer, TV, free wifi and some welcome if unused extras like a microwave and safe. Maybe an iron, biscuits and some freeview chanels would make it even better but who wants to iron or watch telly when you're in Liverpool anyway?!
No restaurant but loads of excellent cafes just round the corner in Bold Street - the Bold Street Cafe our personal favourite - so no problem about breakfast and ditto for dinner - ttry the excellent Lunya, a Catalan tapas restaurant down the road where you get 20% discount on the food. Also ideally located for Lime Street station, Liverpool 1 shops and river front.
We would absolutely recommend this place to anyone, young or old (we are in the 'mature couple' category, by the way) and it will definitely be our first choice when in Liverpool, which is quite often because it's such a great place to visit. Boss.

Room Tip: The superior double seems to be a good option - giant bed!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frank M
b2smanager, Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Frank
Thank you for your kind comments about base2stay Liverpool. I was very pleased to read that you felt the room to be comfortable and large. We don’t offer facilities guests frequently neither need nor use but rather pride ourselves on offering a hotel where the price you pay when you check out is the price you expected to pay when you checked in. We do in fact have over 40 Freeview channels, as well as films at only £1.95 each plus a free music library, games and internet (in case you don’t have your laptop with you) all on our HD TVs, as well as free WiFi throughout the hotel. Irons and ironing boards can be delivered to your room on request. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that Liverpool FC won impressively! I was also pleased that during your visit you managed to take advantage of the one of the many discount vouchers that are available from our reception for some of the top restaurants in Liverpool and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to base2stay in the very near future.

Regards