“Clean, modern & generous”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This place is great for holiday & business traveller alike. On suite rooms are extremely well designed. Service is helpful and lots of things are free including TV and WIFI. Nice kitchenette. Like to stay longer. Price also great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at base2stay in Liverpool for 2 nights. The location is good for exploring Albert Dock and the southwest side of the city. The staff was quite helpful from check-in to check-out, helping us weigh our luggage and arrange a taxi to the airport. There's a decent espresso machine near reception that makes good coffee, an unexpected perk. The room we had was decent in size and layout, except for the bathroom. Every time I used it I knocked off the tissue roll that hangs almost over the toilet. The shower was nice though, steady pressure and good hot water supply. Our room had a kitchenette of sorts including cutlery and everything you would need for a meal in your room, including wine glasses and a corkscrew. There is a Tesco supermarket on the corner, which makes it easy to avail of the in-room refrigerator and microwave. It was nice to be able to make small meals there rather than go to restaurants every time. The downside was neither of us slept well either night because the bed was so uncomfortable. On the first night I was tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable spot on the lumpy bed, and at one point had a spring bounce up into my side. If they could fix that issue I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I just got home from a trip to Liverpool, where my father and I saw Liverpool FC demolish Chelsea.
We arrived at base2stay by taxi from Lime street station, which is probably about 8-10minutes walk from the hotel.
The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay even better.
The room was of a good size, the bathroom was huge and very nice looking. Everything worked as it should have. Free wifi, satellite TV, excellent shower and the microwave and cutlery (including tin-openers) are a very nice touch, as well as the glassware (plates, bowls, glasses etc). I especially thought the in-room fridge was awesome!

Only three points I would like to make which could serve to better accommodate guests.
Me and my father (in his seventies) had a twin room. There was only one chair, which I didn't especially mind, but my dad mentioned that an arm-chair would have been nice. As well, he did comment that a support handle on the wall in the shower would have made him more comfortable.
Lastly there is one thing, the ventilation system. It is quite loud and we were unsuccessful in turning it off. It did it's job, but was a bit too loud.

All in all a great stay, and I will recommend this hotel to anyone I hear is going to Liverpool!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank eggerte
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We chose this hotel because of comments found on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 3 nights and the staff could not have been more helpful and supportive. The room was excellent and the mini kitchen allowed us to eat and drink comfortably and in the privacy of our own room. We asked for and got a quiet room.
We really appreciated the discounts that we received when using the restaurants that we chose to use after chatting with staff. The choice of restaurants were second to none and all very different - all within walking distance; the furthest that we used was 10 minutes walk away. The car park round the corner that we used appeared to be very secure and we got a healthy discount from Base2Stay so wasn't expensive.
The shopping centre, Liverpool 1, is huge and, again, was within walking distance. We also used the eating places in the area for coffee and lunches.
We couldn't fault the area of Liverpool that we stayed in. It was clean, everyone we talked to was chatty and helpful, there are museums, beautiful buildings, ferries, bus rides and the amazing Albert Dock that offered so much to see.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Tastefully converted from an old rope (?) manufacturers, this hotel is just 'spot on' to use the Liverpool vernacular. Within the 'Ropewalks' area of the city on Seel Street, recently shortlisted as one of the hippest streets in the UK, Base2Stay is exactly that. Wherever I go I lseek out the unusual and the independent rather than the homogenised 'high street' brands. At B2B, there is no breakfast room or room service, but the rooms are clean, comfortable, modern and well-appointed. You are encouraged to self cater, so in addition to a kettle, there's a fridge and a microwave and an ice machine in the corridor to chill your G&T and make your stay really cool. If you can't be bothered to nuke something from the nearby Tesco, then they have set up various deals for guests at nearby eateries, the best of which is the Spanish restaurant/cafe, Lunya, which is just marvellous. This hotel is close to everything that is happening and buzzing in this most vibrant and friendly of cities (voted the friendliest in the UK and in the top three visited in the UK and number five for overseas visitors). Over the road is one of the UK's top bars, Alma da Cuba; a few yards further on is Parr Street studios bar; round the corner is Bold Street, full of independent shops and cafes; down the road is Liverpool One and the iconic Waterfront with all the museums and galleries. You can even park over the road for a small fee. I would thoroughly recommend this place to any visitor (indeed I do) to Liverpool. It's a top notch pad in which to spend a night, (much better than your budget hotels that proliferate major conurbations) no fuss, no nonsense but with the trappings of home and very comfortable beds at a more than reasonable price. And need some local knowledge, the staff will give it all and more to acompany that famous Liverpool welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyCaz
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Base to stay liverpool is without exception to best place i have ever stayed without exception. I have traveled the world and never seen costumer service this good and always with a smile.They put up with 10 lads pissed and always with a smile. This being my 15th time staying in liverpool i have stayed in all the major hotels. Thanks again andrew petter and all the staff we will be back soon

thanks again
kevin

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect