“Loved it”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for one night on a Sunday room 309, we booked through last minute and got a twin room for £59. The hotel has a new York loft feel, the rooms were clean and the air conditioning was brilliant. The curtains r black out and we had a great sleep. What makes this hotel different to others is they do not charge for wifi and they have a lot of tv channels including a couple of movie channels that are also free, so makes u feel like they ate not trying to make extra money from you. I really loved staying at this hotel and I can't wait to come back, no criticism at all

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Clairoo1984

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel on a business trip. Overall excellent, staff very helpful, check in smooth, room service very quick. Thought bed was going to be shocking to sleep on but slept really well, despite being central to city. Overall, room was excellent, great TV and excellent, quick WIFI for free. Lovely bathroom, all very clean, all at £59 for a double with kitchen!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Neilg08050
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel in mid-June. Loved the room! Bath was exceptionally large and we had a king sized bed that was very comfy! The room also had a fridge, kettle, microwave and dishes (which housekeeping took care of - Yeah! - Thank you housekeeping!). The staff was exceptional. In particular the front desk (Donna and Damian). One flaw would be the one-way system and the building is not particularly well identified. It took way too long to find the location - we were so close yet so far away by car. But, other than that, it was a fine stay in Liverpool. Would highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat and Jim H
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Me and 9 other girls stayed here on 7th July for my hen night, the staff were great and checked us in fast...the rooms were a bit smaller than I expected but still rele nice our bathroom was huge!! Enough room for 4 girls to get ready! We went out for tea and the staff told us the closest places, they also took some group pictures of us before we went out, the hotel is littrally 1 minit walk from all the clubs..wich was very handy when we nipped back to put our flats on, worth paying abit more for this hotel as you dont have to get taxis anywere! Supprisingly even we got back you couldnt hear any noise from the clubs in our room. Staff we're also very nice when we returned abit drunk, we even left them some cup cakes when we checked out :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I chose this hotel as I only wanted a bed for the night. I arrived at about 830pm and was leaving before 9 the next morning. However, if I returned to Liverpool for a longer stay i would definitely choose to stay here. I found the hotel easy to find using my IPhone map. Check in was fast. Soon I was in my well equipped, clean and stylish room. It was a proper room not like other compact hotels I have stayed in and although small, everything is well laid out and thoughtfully designed. I did not order the £6 breakfast preferring to get everything I wanted from Tesco which is at bottom of Seel Street, for about half that. The hotel was quiet and I slept well.
I paid £44 for the pleasure of staying here and booked on Expedia and earned 400 Nectar points. The hotel web site wanted £44.10 but offers no loyalty scheme so I would still recommend shopping around.
I would highly recommend Base 2 stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JSFULHAM
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My fiance and I spent a lovely night at Base2Stay this week and were really impressed with it. We had booked the room through our Avios points (who have been terrible from start to finish) and they had not sent the booking to the hotel, therefore when we arrived nobody knew we were coming. We spent an hour on the phone dealing with Avios whilst the receptionists did anything they could to help. They also upgraded our room despite the problem being nothing to do with them.

Once we were in we were really happy with the room, a lovely big comfy bed, and a wee kitchen ish area which would be perfect if you were travelling for business. Every receptionist we spoke to was lovely and helpful and we received some excellent recommendations for lunch, dinner and drinks.

The area we stayed in was great fun full of trendy bars, cafes and shops we really enjoyed just mosying around there but were also within walking distance of the shops and docks.

The only negative about our trip was the breakfast box, which was delivered to our room. It contained a yogurt, a brioche, some cereal a pint of milk and some fruit juice all of which were low quality, for £6 it would be better to go to a local cafe. But this didn't detract at all from a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We booked this hotel because we wanted to spend the night in Liverpool before visiting the Anthony Gormley statues on Crosby beach, very early the next morning. Base2Stay was perfect for this because there was a fridge to store food, and you pay on arrival, so we could leave quickly in the morning. It was in a quiet area which has not been modernised. The receptionist did not recommend leaving the car on the street overnight, but the hotel offers a concession voucher for a nearby car park. The room was very modern, with plenty of room and a big shower. It was amazing value for money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple