“Great apart-hotel to base yourself!”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Edinburgh
“Great apart-hotel to base yourself!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here throughout the festive season. I booked via late rooms and got a great deal. When booking I mentioned we were staying because it was my partners birthday and upon arrival the lovely receptionist told me they were so busy they could not give us an upgrade however they gave us a lovely bottle of wine complimentary. I thought this was a lovely gesture and it was very kind that it was acknowledged. Reception lovely and clean and very helpful, we arrived early for check-in but got our room no problem. Room was perfect for the 2 nights we stayed. Really spacious and this was probably one of the smaller rooms. Small kitchen is great although no toaster and fridge is tiny! TV was great for films and bathroom very spacious. Our room was cleaned throughout our stay which can be unusual for some places if only there a short stay. Bed was enormous and very comfy, black out curtains was just what we needed and although we were on the first floor we could not hear a single thing from the street or other rooms. We are back down in April for my birthday and I cannot wait to stay here again. I have never stayed somewhere so central and within walking distance to everything. We got a taxi to Anfield which I would recommend as it is a bit away but only £7. Albert Docks and the shopping complex is within walking distance and on the door of Base2Stay. Great little Tesco at the end of the street for bits and bobs. Really enjoyed our stay and cannot wait for April!!

2 Thank Tinkerbell1818
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Tinkerbell1818
Thank you for your review, and your lovely comments on your room. You’re right – we do have rooms of all sizes, from our Super Single, ideal for a single traveller to the huge Secret Garden Suite with living space, luxury bathroom and dressing area, as well as a private decked garden area.. We always try to make each stay as special as possible, and we’re so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our fabulous city. Great that you made use of your mini kitchen! They’re designed as an additional extra to your room, rather than a full kitchen, so i f you need us to keep more items cool on your next visit, please let us know and we can arrange to store for you. We chose the site for the hotel due to the great location, as we recognise the importance of being in the heart of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in April. Please email me directly at Andrew.marsh@base2stay.com so that I can arrange to meet you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights in December and as the title says, it did the job. The best thing about the hotel is its location. I love the Seel St area of Liverpool so that was great. Unfortunately there's no car parking though, which is a bit annoying. You can use the Q Park down the road but it's a bit of a trek with bags etc. That wouldn't stop me staying here again. The rooms themselves are good, but I had a couple of issues with them. First the hot water wasn't particularly "hot". It was OK for a shower, but not a bath. Also the little kitchenette thing was a bit strange. The microwave is up on a pretty high shelf which I thought was quite dangerous if you're trying to get hot food out of it. The bed was big and pretty comfy though, no complaints there. All in all a decent stay, but I don't think it's as good as some of the other apart-hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: The beams were pretty low in my room so if you're tall you might want to ask for a room without...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear rhivolution
Thank you for your comments on our location and the comfortable bed in your room. I’m disappointed that you found that we only ‘did the job’ as our aim is to exceed your expectations. I’m sorry that we didn’t do that on this occasion. We are actually classified as a hotel, rather than serviced apartments, as our rooms are built with mini-kitchens, rather than full sized ones to offer our guests the option of convenience rather than full dining. However, most of our guests do choose to explore the city and check out the enormous choice of restaurants and cafes within minutes of the hotel – many of which offer our guests exclusive discounts. We do have room with beams, but the majority of rooms have high ceilings without beams. There is parking closer to the hotel than the Q Park, but we prefer to suggest the Q Park due to the level of security offered. You are also more than welcome to drop your luggage at the hotel prior to parking, or we can offer you assistance to the Q Park if you would prefer, which offers our guests a discounted rate. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly with your room number and the date on which you stayed so that I can investigate your comments on our hot water, as our temperatures are tested weekly to ensure they remain hot enough, and within safety limits. I hope that you choose to return. Please request rooms with high ceilings if you prefer more head-height. I would recommend the gallery studios if you would like more space also with a sitting area, as well as a mezzanine bedroom.
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Location- 10 minute walk from liverpool one,a few local bars,2 minute walk from Qcar park. Hotel-modern look with helpful and friendly staff,sorted a late checkout at 12 for us which was nice,got a great deal from laterooms,no bar or restaurant though. Standard double Room- A bit small ,but had everythin you needed,comfy bed,flat screen tv with movies,modern bathroom,small fridge(handy to keep the beers cold) microwave which we didnt use,slight grumble we were in room 310, whoever was above us didnt stop walking about all night,thinking it must have been an office or something but the footsteps did really get on our nerves in the early hours!! Otherwise a great place to stay without silly prices,well recommended.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 310!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GarethAmanda
Thank you for your review. We aim to offer great quality accommodation with-in a boutique hotel setting without the additional usually disregarded extras such as restaurant and bars, which helps keep our tariff as competitive as possible. Our rooms come in a range of sizes to meet all requirements. Some guests prefer a more intimate space, and others a larger suite-style room. Our deluxe rooms, gallery studios and the Secret Garden Suite are more than spacious, so if this is a priority, we can offer this to you. With regard to your comments on the noise from the floor above, there are no offices on the 4th floor, above 310, so will investigate the sound transference through the floor. We look forward to welcoming you back to base2stay in the near future. I would always advise booking directly with us, as we guarantee to offer the most competitive rate.
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

....if you want a no-nonsense, relatively low budget stay. Our room was clean and tidy and staff friendly and informative, proximity to L'pool great. Obviously it's a bit pot luck of course who you get on your corridor -- we were treated to a bit of late-night noise from some overseas visitors. The 'kitchenette' area is a great idea - the breakfast that you can order is pricey, so it's wise to bring your own cereal etc.

All in all, a decent stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Martillo 146
Thanks for your review. I hope that, given your 4 star review, that you refer to our no-nonsense hotel concept as an advantage, cutting out the additional, often costly, extras normally found in a 4 star hotel which contribute to the higher rates charged by our competitors, whilst still retaining all element of clean design and cutting edge technology. We pride ourselves on our location – close to everything within Liverpool City Centre, the docks and Liverpool One, so am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. Our team are on duty 24hours each day to ensure that all guests enjoy a good night’s sleep, and do regular floor-walks, so hope that you contacted the Duty Manager if you were disturbed, who I’m sure would have contacted any noisy guests. With regard to breakfast, we do offer breakfast from £6 per person for a continental style breakfast delivered to your room, which I would consider extremely competitive. The joy of our concept also is that you are more than welcome to shop for your own food and make use of the mini-kitchen, or have any food you like delivered directly to your room. We hope to see you back soon.
London
Reviewed 4 January 2014

With confident, friendly, helpful staff, this is one of the best places to stay in Liverpool. The basic level rooms are somewhat small but they have all you need to live comfortably during your stay. The bathroom was well designed and I liked the breakfasts delivered to your room after 9pm, even when you are not there. It's easy to make a cup of tea, etc.. We loved the TV and the music function where you could listen to a range of albums from stars singing in different genres. That really is a cool feature!

There were great views of Liverpool from our fourth floor room. Its central location means that you are only a short walk away from wherever you want to go in the city centre.

Only one small niggle which is common to most hotels in Liverpool. You cannot open a window so you have to live with the air conditioning. This can dry you out when asleep. I would have loved to have been able to open a window. Maybe you could have done so on a lower floor.

Yes, we would love to go back again.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Loved the overall hotel and thought the room was fantastic. Staff lovely and helpful. Appreciated the free Wi-Fi. Would have liked to have breakfast included and car-parking too as I found this quite expensive. Great location, would recommend to anyone staying in Liverpool.

london
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is one of those overrated hotels that sets expectations high, but doesn't quite deliver, thus the disappointment is bitter. Reception and communal areas, beautifully designed in modern 'loft' style, lived up to a standard. However, the room was very small and the quality of finish and decoration was a let down. The room was also freezing cold. It wasn't what we expected when we stepped in from a warm corridor. There was no other heating in the room, but airconditioning. It worked only when activated with a room card, so when you are out the room is not heated. The room looses heat rapidly, but it takes ages to heat it up again. Not pleasant at all in winter.
This place was equipped as an aparthotel, but the room was too small to serve as one.The wardrobe was so tiny, that all it could accommodate was two winter jackets and only after we took an ironing board out of it. Some coat hooks by the door woud have helped. There is no breakfast room in the hotel, so rooms are equipped with a built-in kitchinette that has a sink, tea/coffee making facilities, microwave and a fridge, which is sufficient to put a breakfast together provided you paid a visit to a local Tesco or paid the hotel to do so, but the problem is that there is no place in the room to eat your breakfast. The main let down, however, was sleep quality, which frankly speaking was appalling. Pillows and cushions were as hard as a stone. I had to ransack the wardrobe in the middle of the night for extra pillows as my neck was in pain. I found two more pillows but they were of the same poor quality and in the morning I felt like I was run over by a bus.
The hotel had nice touches, like a free proper coffee machine in the lobby and free Wi-Fi everywhere, however neither of them worked properly duirng our stay.
Reception staff were a delight: welcoming and very helpful, probably the only highlight of this hotel. Thank you, guys!
Good location for Cathedrals and Docks. Convenient parking nearby. However, the street is full of night clubs and derelict buildings.

Dear VividGB
Obviously, we haven’t met your expectations on this occasion, and I’m sorry that simple things weren’t put right during your stay. Our coffee machine has recently been replaced and all of our team are now trained in troubleshooting for issues, and we have had one instance of wifi outage within the past month. We are working with our IT company to ensure that even this is avoided. Each one of our rooms has individually controlled AC which can be set from within the room. To save energy, when the room is unoccupied and the keycard removed, the AC will turn off. We usually provide at least 2 keys to each room, which means that one can be left in to power the AC in event of extremely cold weather. Whilst you state that we are equipped as an ‘aparthotel’ , we are actually a hotel with the additional facility of the mini kitchen. Our standard room sizes compare equally well with other 4 star hotels within the city, and we do also have other room types which are far more spacious than you would expect from a hotel bedroom. We offer a pillow menu in all of our bedrooms to suit the taste of each guest, but am sorry that we did not communicate this to you. I would like to thank you on your comment with regard to our team – we’re proud to have such a knowledgeable and local team who do their best to welcome guests and ensure you get the best out of your visit to our city. I hope that you choose to return to give us another chance at making us your preferred hotel in Liverpool.