“Brilliant Food!!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Wednesday night and could not fault the food. It was very tasty and a lot nicer than a tapas chain restaurant that we have previously visited.

The staff were friendly and welcoming.

We used our Gourmet Society card meaning the food was INCREDIBLY good value. Could not fault our visit - we would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Traveller23232323

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recommended by a friend and the food definitely delivered. Service was great and the price even better. 8 tapas dishes and an alcoholic drink each and it was still under £50! If i'm in Liverpool again, will definitely be back

Reviewed 20 May 2014

we were given nice table my maitre de efficent and charming young lady. staff were friendly and helpful, food excellent and wine good value, try the lamb scouse well worth a visit

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Been here several times and always found the food nice, not exceptional but good quality and value for money. Good portions and friendly staff.

I'd give the food 3 stars and the service (I received) 2 stars.

Booked here for mine and a couple of friends 30th birthday meal last December. There was a party of about 30 of us so I booked it well over a month in advance for 8pm.

We chose this time as several of our group where working until 7pm. I paid the deposit based on this many people.

I gave plenty of notice as obviously December Is a busy time for any restaurant with work night outs etc. Several days before the meal, i received a call from the restaurant asking if we could come earlier as they had another party who wanted to book in for 10pm, and they would need us out at 9.30
At the latest to set up. I explained that this would be awkward as many of our group were working until 7pm and also it was a bit inconvenient trying to get in touch with everyone considering I was away at the time with my partner for a birthday treat, and wouldn't be arriving home until the day of the meal.

I was basically given no choice and was informed that we could still have the table at 8pm, but would need to vacate within 90 mins as they would be accepting the additional booking regardless. Had this have been a couple there would be little problem, however for a party of 30? I found this a bit unrealistic.

I found this very disappointing, I understand that a business wouldn't want to turn customers away, however I had booked a month in advance, and given that it was party season, if i had wanted to book anywhere else at this late stage, I wouldn't be able to book anywhere at such short notice. Given the fact the we were only allowed 90 mins to eat, I accepted to try and get there earlier (7-7.30) however then had to spend much of my break away organizing this. Subsequently some of my group had to cancel as they wouldn't have made it in time.

Very disappointing and wouldn't book there for a special occasion again....

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Went for our anniversary meal after reading good reviews on tripadvisor. We should have listened to Spanish woman walking past saying "the food here is terrible!". It was! The place smelt like old beer, the food was like freezer food warmed up in microwave. Really bad tasting overpriced food. No aubergine in the aubergine dish, sediment in the (expensive) wine. And although they refunded us for those two items, when they asked for feedback on the rest of the meal , they just made excuses and didn't apologise! Our anniversary meal was not a treat!!