“Perfect!”

Days Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #41 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Probably the first time ever we saw smiles on the faces of the staff in the breakfastroom. Everywhere else we have been travelled the breakfaststaff has been very grumpy, but not here! Very nice and friendly!!
The location of the hotel and the standard of the rooms where excellent!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days Inn Mgr M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Catharina H,

Thank you so much for you review of the hotel. I will pass on your review to the breakfast team who will be very happy to hear your comments. We hope you enjoyed exploring Liverpool and come back soon.

Amy Johnston

Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

stayed at this hotel to watch the game.. booked through thomas cook which was alot of money! repeatedly rang to ensure an early check in which in an enail was said i could do.. travelled from plymouth. arrived and no room!! after the gane when we checked in our room was underground which was freezing. the heater was rubbish. and the train station sounded like it was right on top of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe E
Days Inn Mgr M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Zoe E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback we receive from guests as this highlights ways we can improve our service. I am very disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I apologise for the issues you faced during your stay and I will be investigating these further to ensure they do not occur again.

In regards to the early check in, it is our policy not to guarantee this to guests as we can't confirm we will have rooms available but we do make a note in the booking that a guest has made the request for one. I am sorry this was not made more clear to you and have informed the team that this needs to be made more apparent.

I can confirm that none of our rooms are underground but I have passed your review to our Maintenance Manager who will be checking the heating in the room you stayed in.

Once again, I apologise for the issues you had during your stay and I hope that you had fun at the game.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had problems with my key card from the start and I had to wait in the corridor everytime I wanted to enter my room, up to 30 min one time before I got help.The staff said they would change batteries in the door everytime i needed help but It didn`t happen before I told them I`d leave the hotel a day early. Than they changed it right a way, so I left anyway cause I was sick of it, They would never give me a discount or a refund for the night I did not use. The staff tried to be friendly but I did not need a smile, I needed to get in to my room to put my little son to bed...

Room Tip: ots of traffic, get a room up high.
1  Thank Espen H

Dear Espen H,

I apologise for the issues you had with the key cards. Sometimes they can be deactivated if they are near phones or cards however the problem you had should have been addressed quicker by our team and I will be investigating this further with our Maintenance team.

I hope you and your son enjoyed the game and once again I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The key to my room did not work at all during my stay so I had to wait in the corridor for help every time I`d go to my room, up to 30 min one time. " we`ll change the batteries when you`re out", they always said but it never happened before I said I would leave a day before planned. Than they canged batteries in two minutes. I left anyway and did not get a refund, just a sour receptionist. There was a new girl in the reception every time I complained about my door and they did not take it seriously enough. The bed was also too soft for my taste.

1  Thank Per Øivind H

Dear Per Oeivind H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I apologise for the issue you had with your key card. I will be bringing this incident up with our Maintenance team as we do take all matters like this seriously as it affects our guests stay. I will also be briefing our team on the correct way to communicate with guests.

Once again, I apologise for the issue you had during your stay and I hope your time in Liverpool was enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed on a Friday night as we had tickets to see a show at the Royal Philarmonic Hall. Parked at Liverpool One car park using the hotel discount which was about a 4 minute walk to the hotel. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and the room was quite spacious, clean and comfortable. The Philarmonic was about a 15 minute walk along the main road and plenty of pubs/bars along the route. Full English and continental breakfast were included and were quite good. Paid £52 for a twin room. Excellent value for money. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nickashepherd,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team friendly and rooms comfortable. We hope you had a fun night at the Philharmonic Hall and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for 1 night as we were attending a 60th birthday bash at Hard Days Night and we wanted a rest before we set out and a quiet night's sleep on return.
This was our first experience of 'Days Inn' but it won't be our last.
First class staff from Check In to Maintenance.The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous !Our room on the fifth floor at back of building was perfect-warm and quiet with a very comfy bed.
Breakfast- which was included - was great with everything you could want in ample supply and immaculate breakfast area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in our home city and will DEFINITELY be back.
Well done to all the staff for such a professionally run and friendly establishment-cheers!

Dear Lesley M,

What a great review! Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear you found the team helpful and the rooms comfortable. We hope you had a great time at the birthday party and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again on your next trip to Liverpool.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very helpful staff. Great rooms that were very quiet. Highly recommended and would go back. Booking was a breeze and again, the people were helpful getting us in late. Easy to find. Ironing board and iron were very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kevin A,

Thank you for your recommendation and your comments about your hotel. We happy you found the staff helpful and the rooms quiet. We hope you enjoyed exploring Liverpool and we look forward to hopefully seeing you on your next trip.