“Ideal for a night out”

Castle Lodge Guest House
“Ideal for a night out”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stopped at castlelodge for a girls night out.we booked this place as the only option at short notice during international music festival/creamfields/bankholiday weekend so was very very busy all over liverpool.having been to liverpool once before we were not expecting anything special from this guest house but we were all pleasantly suprised with what we found. We had an en-suit room for 6adults and the room was immaculate all bedding and towels were fresh and the room was very spacious (6 girls getting ready could have been a nightmare) would definatley stop here again hopefully for longer next time we didnt want to leave,all staff we had the pleasure of meeting were very helpful and friendly couldnt do enough for us and would always do their best to make us feel welcome.only small downside was the location ideally we wanted to be in the centre but with it only £4 in a taxi we cant really moan about it we would in fact choose this place again without doubt

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rampisham, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Having found ourselves without accommodation after the room at the Adelphi was too filthy to stay in, we ended up sharing a room with another delegate at castle guest house. What can I say? Clean cool comfortable room. Enormous bathroom, decent shower with endless hot water,even an iron and ironing board :) not right in the city centre, but a taxi was only £3:80. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Thank you to the Castle Lodge Guest House for adding up to my great time in Liverpool. They were very nice, chatty and I will recommend them anytime. Although the area has some dodgy people around, it still is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed there for 4 days and was lucky as renovation was just completed. Rooms where spotless and clean and shower / bathroom was excellent . It is in a good location as it is 5 min to town and 15min walking distance to anfield or alternative by bus

• Stayed June 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Me and my friend booked this b&b on a Saturday night thought late rooms. this was the only place available as it was the national going on and I wasn't aware of this at the time, anyway. I got a text from the manager Tina saying they have no card machine and that I need to bring cash I got this text when I was round the corner from the b&b anyway I went there and explained I have half the cash and I can get the other half once we put out bags in the room this women said the manager said we have to pay in full now as she would get in trouble with the manager, so we put our bags back into the car and went to find a cash machine then we went back to the b&b and this same woman checked us in and said shes just recently taken over this place and shes the new manager, I think she forgot what she had said to us earlier about her getting in trouble with the manager? so she lied about that. she then showed us to our very very small room were you got no space to walk. she said we had our own separate bathroom when it was shared as other people were using it as well. there was no toilet paper in the toilet. when you sit on the toilet seat you head is touching the door. no space to move in there, the bedroom was freezing cold no heating working. There are a lot of weird people around the area at night, its not a safe area. there was another guest in the place who was asking the manager if it was safe to go out at night as he was told its a rough area and he was worried of getting mugged.
There only car park spaces for a couple of cars. I was woken up at 6am to be told I need to move my car. and the Main Issue I have is me and my friend got ready to go to the town and we went to the reception desk to get the number for a taxi and I seen a piece of paper on the desk only to see that it was my booking form with my full credit card details on there and all my address details and everything. which someone could of took and used my card details. the next day I told this women who lies about everything about her leaving my bank details on the desk and she just said ok nothing else. she is rude and I would not recommend anyone to stay here. this is the worse place iv ever stayed.

Room Tip: Do not stay here you will regret it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank aj j
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at the castle lodge guest house them guys who stayed and made that rude comment below don't deserve to stay in a place as lovely as it . They were all very load very rude even was going round kicking in other people's doors and my view after are stay there could not be faulted the place was spotless all newly painted just that week lovely new bed linen clean towels and the staff couldn't do enough for us. When we was checking out I heard the cleaner saying them guys had left the rooms in a state good luck castle lodge we would defo stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

we went as a group of 16 lads on a stag. none of us wer impresd we all agreed that it was dive we got there and the owner wasent there only her teenage boy, after about 5 min she showd up trying to charge me £5 extra p.p after we agreed on the orignal price she showd up again saying that the full english breakfast wasent included even tho it clearly states on the web page full einglish breakfast included. at tyhis point we wer all very unhappy went back to the room an saw a mouse poisen box by the door was glad togo. she is lucky it just this one review and not 16 bad reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends