“Best place in Crosby/Waterloo”
Review of Little Pizza Kitchen - CLOSED

Little Pizza Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Me and my boyfriend have been to LPK twice now and every time has been perfect, didn't book a table the first time round and the staff managed to squeeze us in.

First thing to say is the food is fantastic. Home made, fresh and tasty and all very good value.

Buffalo chicken wings and salt and pepper squid are amazing. Main meals were delicious but best of all the homemade desserts are worth putting on a few pounds for! I got the chocolate orange torte which seemed to have chopped nuts in topped with cream and my boyfriend got rasperry cheesecake. Wish I could have eaten both of them!!

Staff are fantastic - its sadly a rarity to get such charismatic staff who get the balance right between attentive but not too intrusive.

I disagree with some of the comments about the atmosphere, I think they had it just right with some live lounge performances playing.

This place really is a little diamond in the rough and plan to go back many more times!

4  Thank Louise N

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Used to visit here at their old premises but they really needed a bigger place. It's always full.
Excellent pizza, good value, friendly service and a good range of local beers.

2  Thank proffitt76
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Wow!

Visited in January for my son's 18th birthday meal - the only restaurant around that agreed to accomodate for the 20 family members that joined us! It is safe to say that the staff, setting, atmosphere and environment are 'simply the best'; they made us feel welcome right from entering, took care of our children (keeping them entertained with their amazing 'treasure chest' and generally making them laugh, smile and giggle, no easy feat seeing as they range from 2 years old to 13!!) and generally gave us an outstanding experience to remember!

We were appreciative of their suggestion to 'pre-book' meals, which would mean that we didn't have the fuss of sorting out all 22 meals in the short space of time, and that we wouldn't have to wait a short while for the food. However it was agreed as soon as we had eaten that we wouldn't have minded waiting - the food was OUTSTANDING! The party was equally split (more or less) between the pizzas on offer, the pasta selection and the choice of burgers, and unusually for my (fussy) family, there was not one complaint, not one niggle. It appeared that the kitchen had put their heart and soul into every meal, and as if each was checked individually before being brought to the table, just to make sure that it was of the highest quality possible... absolutely amazing!

The staff were a delight, and made sure that our every need and wish was attended to, they helped to 'decorate' the section of the restaurant that we filled with pictures of my son throughout his 18 years and then for the 'pièce de résistance' - the unveiling of his cake! We had originally thought that our rather large party would see to it that my son was made a fuss of, but the staff went one better.. not only did they deliver the cake as a team, but stayed throughout the short celebration, joining in the singing of 'Happy Birthday' and then the cheers that ensued. We had asked for a bottle of champagne (to welcome him to his adulthood) and they made sure that all of our guests had a full glass before we began making our toasts.

The selection of food (and also, as my husband was quick to point out with an elfish grin on his face, the choice of beverages!!) left smiles all round and meant that each of our guests thoroughly enjoyed their evening.

It was an absolute pleasure for myself and my family to share this occasion with Little Pizza Kitchen - their unrivalled passion for what they do, the outstanding (and most importantly, caring!) team of staff, the peaceful yet welcoming ambience all made for a delightful visit and their attention to detail did not go unnoticed. The 'word' about LPK has well and truly been passed on, and we have visited on many occasions since... the experience just gets better every time!

Over the course of our evening, our party sampled a large variety of the menu, and all said and all done, each was enjoyed immensely. However for me, the recommendation lies in the Beef Bruschetta as a starter and the 'One Sheer Lasagne' for the main course - fantastic!!

Keep up the good work LPK!

3  Thank xpisdead
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We used to go to the Little Pizza Kitchen in St John's Road and loved the food and atmosphere. We didn't think they could better this when they moved to South Road but we were wrong.
Well done to all the staff who are always friendly and the chef's who are brilliant.
The person who wrote the bad review must have gone to a different restaurant!!!!

1  Thank BigToeLiverpool
Reviewed 25 April 2012

What a lovely experience, first visit here with hubby and what a delight. Hubby and myself decided to treat ourselves to lunch here, we travelled from Rainhill at least half an hour drive and it was totally worth it. For starters we had the all day breakfast pizza, lovely thin base not soggy in the middle lovely bacon, mushroom,sausage, cherry tomatos, & Egg, could have eaten it again. Main course hubby ordered The Angry from the Burger section which was a little hot for him. I ordered the One Sheet Lasagne which I can only describe as heaven, plenty of meat and really nice to see a different spin on the classic. Unfortunately didnt have room for dessert as one sheet did plenty!!!!!! Thank you little pizza kitchen for a wonderful meal fantastic value we will certainly be back !!!

1  Thank clare198