“excellent hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock
Ranked #31 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for 1 night, but my rating of the hotel is excellent. Firstly, the room was exceptionally spacious and I really liked the view on the dock/harbour. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows, the room very quiet with no external noises and there is free wifi. Breakfast is complimentary and more than adequate taking into consideration that the cost of the room is extremely competitive. Contrary to some of the previous comments about this hotel, I found the girls at the counter very kind and helpful. I would definitively come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank orutra61
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us & that you would return to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for one night in Oct 13.
What can I say exactly what you should expect from a city centre hotel, friendly staff, good sized rooms, clean and tidy and bang in the centre of the Albert dock which is really cosmopolitan!
Would certainly return here again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicNic2010
HIEXAlbertDock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your 5star review about your recent stay with us. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the hotel and its location, we are extremely lucky to have such a fantastic location at the Albert Dock. Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights and had an extremely comfortable stay. The reception is on the second floor so you have to go up to check in. Check in was rapid with pleasant cheerful staff. I was on the 4th floor and had a large bright room overlooking the dock - a great view. The bed was comfortable and had a choice of pillows. The bathroom was very good with a huge shower. There were coffee making facilities, a good desk and settee and a large TV. There was plenty of hanging space. The corridors are wide and airy - reflecting the fact that this is a converted warehouse. I slept very well with good blackout curtains and no noise. Breakfast was free and very good. Wifi was also free. The location is excellent - right b the docks with restaurants and museums - and contrary to what another review states, it is only a 10 minute walk to the shops. Overall a great hotel and very good value for money.

Room Tip: Get onto 4th floor and overlook the dock. I had 428 which was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William S

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed 5star review about the hotel. We really appreciate all guest feedback. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A very good location, rooms clean and a good size, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the price, and as toast or cereal at home, I was pleased with choice, scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans, toast and jams, cakes and pastries, cereals fruit, more than ample. Full English breakfasts at near by venues. Would stay again, loved Liverpool

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the River Mersey as quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen J
HIEXAlbertDock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for posting a 5 star review about your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such a good location. I will pass on your comments regarding the team and the clean rooms, they will really appreciate it. Pleased to hear you would stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a short break to Liverpool. Stayed for two nights at this hotel.

We were given a large twin room overlooking the dock, which we had requested. Nice that some hotels actually listen to requests.

Big bathroom with towels that actually fit you! Plenty of hot water.

Rooms and hotel kept spotless.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with sausage, egg, beans, also a large continental selection. Cereals are also on offer with plenty of juices, tea and coffee.

Liverpool is great if you are a Beetles fan. The Magical Mystery Tour is a must. Very informative, visiting the homes of the Beetles, schools, college etc and visiting Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, and the Cavern club. The tour guide certainly knows his stuff and is very good during the tour.

The tour costs 16 pounds per person and lasts 2 hours. Well worth it.

If you are not a Beetles fan do not worry. The shops in Liverpool are fantastic. Every shop you can think of, (girls - it's a shopaholics delight!

There are plenty of places to eat in Liverpool. Carefull if eating in Albert Dock. A little bit more expensive. Whilst eating in 1770 Circo restaurant. we were charged about 2pounds 30 for a pint of soda and lime!

All in all, fab stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a detailed and positive review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our fantastic city, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is situated in a fantastic location. I had emailed the Holiday Inn Express prior to my 2 night stay for directions to the discounted ACC car park and after a 5 minute walk past the Wheel of Liverpool we arrived. The reception is on the 2nd floor and we received a warm welcome. The conversion of the dock building is super with many old features kept within modern functional guest rooms.
Our room was number 415 which overlooked the Wheel and the River Mersey. The room was very clean with the sofa bed made up for my 2 daughters so even with 4 people sleeping it was still light and airy. The wifi included was great as my teenager was happily using her ipad.
Breakfast was of a good standard and the tables were very clean and tidy. We did not have to queue and the selection was plentiful on both mornings. The second morning the orange juice was more concentrated but we sat down slightly earlier at 8.20am.
My husband forgot his shaving foam and the reception kindly supplied a complimentary travel size pack which was a nice gesture as I did not want to waste valuable sightseeing time!.
My only negative points were that the towels really had a very greasy smell to them which was rather off putting and there was not enough tea and coffee suppiled in the room for 4 occupants but my daughters used drinks I had brought with me.
The car parking was discounted to £7.50 for 24 hours which considering how close to the centre of the city was very competative to other UK cities. Albert Dock itself is such a fantastic place to visit with 3 free museums and the Beatles Story which was good but, the Museum of Liverpool at Pierhead was outstanding and well worth the 10 minute walk in front of the Liver Building!
Plenty of restaurants within the Albert Dock but not all child orientated! Enjoyed a great meal at Gusto but recommend booking first as it gets very busy!
Can't recommend a city break to Liverpool enough, wonderful place with warm and welcoming people!

Room Tip: Room 415 had great views of the Mersey and was light and airy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review about your stay. We really appreciate guest feedback. We are extremely lucky to have such fantastic attractions so close by and we hoped you enjoyed your time in the city. Apologies for the towels in your room, I will pass these comments over to our housekeeping team. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed one night in the hotel when going to a gig at the Echo Arena. Great location for the arena, bars, restaurants and a 10 min walk to Liverpool One which was really handy. Good to get a discount on parking too which was £7.50 for 24 hours. Not bad considering the location. We were able to check in a little earlier than usual which was really handy and the room was basic but clean and had a nice view over the docks and city. Only a few things that let this hotel down - firstly was the bed - hardly slept a wink (this can always be down to personal preference though). Didn't help that the lady on reception didn't even ask how our stay had been when we were checking out. Secondly, the hotel love to advertise the 'free breakfast' . I don't usually complain but I'm not surprised its free - the eggs were absolutely swimming. I had to use napkins to soak up the water and saw another lady do this too. The sausages were under cooked and I was stood waiting for ages for someone to bring out mugs for hot drinks. By the time I got back to my seat, the breakfast was pretty much cold. I could also hear staff complaining about how busy it was which wasn't great! Overall, it's a great location and for 1 night it was fine but the breakfast, lack of sleep and certain members of staff did let the hotel down for us.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We always take on board guest feedback and use this to better our service and make improvements. I will certainly speak to the breakfast team regarding your feedback, and can only apologise that you felt let down by certain things. We strive to deliver the best customer service in our hotel. I hope this hasn’t put you off staying with us again, and I hoped you enjoyed the show at the Echo Arena.