“restaurant”

Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“restaurant”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

i have just come in after dining at the crowne plaza restaurant, what a brilliant time we had the service was absolutely brilliant and the staff were 1st rate, nothing was too much trouble. the food was excellent and compliments to the chef. we will definetly be going back soon. what a good time.

Room Tip: as we only went to the restaurant i cannot comment on anything else but if that was anything to go b...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank linda f
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to read you enjoyed dining with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stephen Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I recently stayed at the crowne plaza as a treat for me an my wife I can honestly say I will be visiting agen check in was helpful. Staff very friendly as you would exspect wife was keen to check out the spa at the leisure club We have visited a few hotel clubs but this was welcoming I wasn't to familiar with equipmentIn the gym but was helped buy a young gentleman instructor Barry he was very helpful and took his time and was patient with me an the wife made us feel at ease and relaxed which made the wife very happy the service from this gentleman was fantastic and would visit agen because of this I will be booking agen at crown plaza as I was very satisfied would recommend highly

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Juneantom1956
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This could so easily have been a 4/5 review and with a happy customer - the rooms are comfortable, tidy and well equipped, although there was a little too much road noise from outside; the hotel has a modern style; and the food in the restaurant is very good. One small point - there are a lot of leaflets cluttering up the furniture in the rooms - I counted 14 in total when I became fed up of clearing them out of the way! The staff are polite and helpful, if a little wooden on the reception desk and lacking a warmth of welcome that I have found elsewhere.

It's a 2/5 review simply because every bill I charged to my room was wrong! I had to go through it line by line before I was able to pay and check out - not good when I needed to get to work.
On check-in I was given a voucher for a free drink . . . which was then charged for on my bill.
Another 'Priority Club' voucher I had gave me a free starter or dessert for each day of my stay . . . I handed it in as instructed at check-in, but the desserts I had were still charged to my room and I had to go through the small print of the voucher with the receptionist before they would remove them.

By far the worst problem though, is the automatic addition of a 10% service charge added to every restaurant bill - it's extremely cheeky (to put it mildly) that the staff or the hotel seem to think it's acceptable to award themselves an extra 10% on top of the menu prices as a matter of course! The excuse given was that it was 'hotel policy' which makes it even worse, as some manager somewhere, probably nowhere near the restaurant when I was dining there, thinks everyone should pay more than the prices shown on the menu.
It's a shame, because the staff deserved a tip, and I would have voluntarily given one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AJD80
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear AJD80,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for reviewing our property. We are delighted to read you liked the modern style of our hotel and found your room comfortable and well equipped. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments. These will be addressed with the proper departments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Went up to Liverpool a week ago on business and was booked into the Crowne plaza by my brother. Being me, I wasn't looking forward to staying in a business type hotel BUT... What a great hotel. Far exceeded my expectations. I would say, I did upgrade to a suite as it was on £215 for the room and was 2 rooms into 1 with a great lounge, huge comfy bed, large bathroom, office area and Internet and the use of the club room where you can cocoon yourself in a room that is pretty much empty but with free soft drink and tea and coffee and free alcoholic drinks between 5 and 7 and canapés. Fantastic position and, according to my brother, the standard rooms are great too. Had a great nights sleep and the best breakfast bufet this side of a top London hotel. Very well done guys. Only tiny niggle. Bathroom lighting is weak, can't see to shave properly. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kipims
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and I am glad to read your experience here exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My fiancé booked a spa day for ourselves for my 21st Birthday & our experience was beyond anything we could have hoped for! All the staff were friendly and helpful and throughout the day we had full use of the gym, sauna, steam room, hot tub and pool. Got to say a HUGE thank you to Sharon for making our day so perfect...me and my other half were both booked in for a half hour treatment with her (we both opted for the head, shoulder and back massage) and came out feeling relaxed and pampered. As it was my birthday Sharon spent (a lot!) more time on me and gave me an amazing facial and educated me on products I should use for my skin type. I even got to give myself a manicure with her nail polishes while she was pampering the fiancé! We were then guided down to the restaurant and waited on hand and foot. She ordered our meal (which was exquisite!) and even brought over a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice for us! When compared to the price of other spa days around Liverpool the day was excellent value for money and we are already figuring out when we can next pop down for another relaxing day! Even my mother in law is booked in for a treatment! Can’t thank Sharon or recommend it enough!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your 21st Birthday. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback regarding our staff and I can assure you all comments have been shared with Sharon.

Once again thank you for your time and I cannot wait to welcome you back again.

Lancashire
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We come down here for a night away now and again so we obviously like it. What makes it different than other similarly rated hotels is the staff. During the stay (8th June) I lost my wallet, it happens and having been in a taxi I mentioned it to the desk staff. They couldn't have done more "putting the word out" to local taxi firms etc, and even when I came down the falling morning, the next shift were aware. They are really decent people throughout, and reflect great credit on their employer. All other things as usual were excellent (except the weather which was the worst in years) but we will be back again shortly.

Footnote. Mid pm the following day, we had a call on my mobile from two Scottish girls down for the weekend, who had found my discarded wallet, some cash missing but all the important things intact, so a big thankyou to Heather

Room Tip: River facing, bit quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Franklancs
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our friendly and helpful staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I booked a last minute weekend break here direct on the hotels website, after reading other reviews. The location is perfect, right next to the iconic Liver Building, and its only a 5 minute walk into Liverpool One or to the Albert Dock from the hotel.

The hotel itself is of typical high Crowne Plaza standard, yet the staff were friendly and not intimidating and made us (myself, wife and 2 children) feel welcome on check in. We arrived 2 hours earlier than check in time and they offered to hold our luggage and gave us a map and directions into town so that we could explore Liverpool before checking in later.

We got a family room, with 2 large double beds, and this was overlooking the road on the second floor. Not a problem, we weren't here for the views, but at night until around 3am there was quite a bit of traffic noise and sirens as you might expect on Saturday night in town centre. This did make for a fairly broken nights sleep for all of us.

We used the spa and pool facilities later in the day and the pool although not large was clean and well maintained. There was also a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, plus showers. I tested them all and can say that I could have spent many hours in there !

We ate a bar meal in the bar area on the evening as we had eaten a large meal earlier in the day, again, food quality was good and it gave us a relaxed place to enjoy a drink and watch the football.

There was a also a wedding in the hotel the same day, and a couple of hundred guests until the late hours was something that I was worried we may hear, however didn't hear a sound from the function room and only the occasional guest returning to their room. The road noise was louder.

Breakfast was busy the next morning at 9.15am, and most tables were taken. It was a typical continental and cooked spread, with plenty to choose from and good quality food. The staff seemed a little harassed due to the number of tables, and I had to go and find someone to take our order for tea and coffee, but apart from that it was a relaxed breakfast.

Be aware if you park a car overnight there is a £10 charge for this (£20 for non-guests) but you do get to park right outside the hotel door !

I would stay here again next time I am in Liverpool as the location and quality of rooms, and the friendly staff make it a place you remember in good terms. Just next time I will ask for a high room with river view!

Room Tip: Request a room with the Mersey view, the roadside views suffer traffic noise at night
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family