“Best hotel of a five week trip”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Liverpool city centre was the best hotel my family and I stayed at in the last five weeks. It had been a long vacation and some of the hotels were less than helpful when we arrived as a family of five. But the Crowne Plaza Liverpool was fabulous. The housekeeping team did urgent laundry for me in the middle of the afternoon and got it back to me the same day. The reception team played with my kids when I was waiting for a taxi that was a little late. My bags were in my room before I had even asked them to take them up! The staff were all helpful and knew their stuff about the local areas.

The food was brilliant for breakfast, for once my three children ate all the food they chose! Room service was really good, not expensive for what we got and was delivered quickly with a huge smile which was nice given how tired we were. The pool was incredible and super clean, the relaxation was perfect. The location is as good as it gets and an easy walk to Liverpool One the very cool new mall.

I travel for business every week and at least once a month to England, I will always choose the Crowne Plaza whenever possible. A brilliant team who welcomed and hosted my family with warmth, professionalism, and fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wscholes
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback regarding our staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. I have made sure to share your comments with all of our employees.

I appreciate your comments regarding our Restaurant and Breakfast. We often boast to having the ‘Best Breakfast in Town’ so I am very happy you had the opportunity to enjoy it.

Once again thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Stephen Roberts

Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Everything one should accept from a 4 star hotel. Nice & modern reception area, spacious room & extremely friendly & helpful service.

The leisure facilities were adequate as well.

From our room, we had a great view of the Liver-building & the Mersey. What should one ask more that an ending the day with such a view of the hotel's room.

On the negative side, there was a function almost every day. Thus, the lounge area near the elevator could turn a little load/noisy with people poking out of the function room just in front with glasses of beer in their hands.

Furthermore, it is just 5 minutes from Albert dock & Liverpool One. So, excellent location, although Liverpool city centre is quite small & walkable by foot.

Price extremely reasonable.

I definite choice for my next visit to Liverpool

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Valletta054

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly and helpful service and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stunning views of the famous River Mersey and Docks.

In regards to your feedback on the Lounge area, please let me assure you all comments are taken on board.

Once again thank you for your time and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

When we arrived off the sea cat from the Isle of Man even though we arrived at 10.30am we were welcomed in to breakfast by the restaurant manager. He recognised us immediately from previous stays. The reception was extremely helpful and it felt like we were coming home! The bedrooms are fabulous and extremely clean. My Birthday was lovely, The bar staff, Ben ( see told you we,d remember! :) ) and all the other staff in the bar, restaurant and reception wished me a happy Birthday even though I'd only mentioned it once on arrival they remembered! We were treated like royalty and extended our stay by one night. Even though we didn't use the pool on this occasion we were impressed by the facilities on a previous visit and found it very relaxing. The massage helped me to feel very relaxed and refreshed.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the docks offer fabulous views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback regarding our staff and I have made sure to share your comments with all of our employees including Danny our Breakfast Manager and Ben from the Bar. We are proud to be able to offer our guests a place to feel at home and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience. It is always such fun celebrating those special occasions and I am grateful you chose our hotel to do so.

Once again I appreciate the time you have taken sharing your feedback and I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre very soon

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We celebrated my mum's birthday here with a couple of rooms, one of them an executive room. Great value and exceptional quality. All the staff at the hotel are very upbeat and pleasant. The duty manager on our arrival, Anthony, could not have been more welcoming, he even arranged a surprise birthday cake for my mum. She had a lovely, luxurious time. The pool, the executive lounge with drinks and canapes all made the experience feel very continental,

In fact the new dockland development at Princes Dock puts Liverpool as a city break contender with cities the likes of Copenhagen, Rotterdam and Helsinki, the difference is in the welcome you'll receive from a city with a heart as big as Liverpool. We will definitely 'Come Back'

Room Tip: Executive King room with views of the Liver building
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank clintonjust

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I have made sure to share your comments with Anthony. Here at the Crowne Plaza we do all we can to make those occasions extra special and I am grateful you and your family chose our hotel to celebrate your mums Birthday with us. I am pleased to hear you had the time to enjoy full use of our facilities and I am delighted to read you will be returning.

Thank you for your time and comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Everything about our hen trip to Liverpool was fab. The hotel was great especially all of the help we received from sharon who runs Beauty at its Best within the Crown Plaza. It can be quite a task organising 13 girls for treatments but the girls at the spa were excellent and so helpful and the treatments were great. Id definetly go back for some pampering, as would all of the hens who had treatments. We all got good advise about our skin and loved the products used. I know the bride was especially pleased with the advice she received on how to get her skin to its best for the big day. Thanks again Sharon for all your help :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I have made sure to share your comments with Sharon. Here at the Crowne Plaza we do all we can to make those occasions extra special and I am grateful you chose our hotel to celebrate.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

What a fantastic stay. We have stayed here regularly but not for a while. Very friendly staff, fantastic setting and great views. They really look after you with some nice touches. Pool is a good size and family friendly and II could have sat in the Jacuzi looking at the Liver building for hours. The kids loved the pool and the lounge area is large and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Mersey or Liver building
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottyvegas

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback, I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff and I am pleased to hear you had time to enjoy full use of our facilities.

Once again thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

My first choice whenever staying in Liverpool. The property has a great location overlooking the Mersey next to the Liver Building. The hotel has good dining and leisure facilities. The rooms are to a high standard and the staff try very hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank DonnyUKtraveller

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. We do everything we can to make your stay that extra special and I am glad to read you agree. I truly appreciate your kind words and I cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.