“BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 7 October 2012

You may think this is an odd post but I felt it had to be done. Over the years my wife and I have used this hotel to eat, stay, swim and celebrate the christening of one of our children. Today we swam and, because we were late for my daughter's swimming lesson, I stupidly left one of the doors of our car open in the car park. Not only did Reception spot this but then obtained my mobile number from the place we had stayed at the night before, rang me and then stood by the car until I arrived to correct the stupid mistake I had made. I know the guy but didn't get his name but what he did is summed up in the title of the review. Thank-you, again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ALANODIAM
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for submitting such a lovely review. It is a true pleasure to hear that our staff really went out of their way to help you. Our staff are a true credit to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed with our one year old daughter and would strongly recommendation this hotel to anyone. The service was friendly, the rooms were clean and the location is perfect for exploring Liverpool. The hotel has a lovely pool and does a great breakfast

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank mkt181822
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am pleased to hear you made full use of our facilities and as you mentioned our location is in walking distance to many major attractions in Liverpool, which makes it easy for exploring.

Once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Thankfully it was close to Matthew Street and gave me the excuse to meet some work friends and enjoy an evening in the lively bars.
This hotel is very well positioned for everything to see in Liverpool City Centre. Good clean hotel and welcoming staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank marinebioguy

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

As you mentioned our hotel is only a short walk from many major attractions in Liverpool including the famous Albert Dock and the Echo Arena. I appreciate your comments regarding our welcoming staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I think I said it all in the title but to elaborate.

Booked for a Sunday evening as had things to do in Liverpool next day. Location on the Docks means easy access to city centre and other attractions. It did take a little bit of finding and a bit of dodgy car manoeuvre to get into the car park after almost passing it.

Car park is on street level and is by way of going through barrier and taking a ticket and you need to present that ticket to leave but its advertised as secure but not really convinced it was that secure as no security etc. But saying that everything was fine.

Check in was effortless and staff very polite. When we went to go somewhere, staff helped us and recommended places, gave directions and always smiled and said hello. I really think the staff make this place special.

Paid £85 for a family room and room althrough not huge was spotless, lovely comfy beds and were clean with no complaints from any of us. Ok only complaint was that wifi was not available in room. Internet in room was way of cat 5 cable so I could plug my laptop in but wife could not use her ipad which meant she had to make conversation with me so that was really a downside.

Luckily we escaped to the fantastic pool and sauna where daughter and myself stayed in the pool for a good few hours while wife used wifi in reception area where it was available. They really should try and extend wifi to all areas in this day and age. The pool and sauna were really great and it part of a health club that members aswell as hotel guests used. The pool was warm and so was the sauna, in fact too warm for the old lady who collapsed who I helped regain consciousness and who the staff attended to after reporting the incident to them.

Next morning the breakfast was fab with lots of choice and again great service.

So all in all, this hotel is really recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chocolate-eater666

I am pleased to hear you found the room clean and comfortable and I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our pleasant and helpful staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback about our hotel and I am glad you and your family had the time to fully enjoy our hotels facilities. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your help with the lady you mentioned and reporting this matter to our staff, greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Having just returned from a trip to the UK I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on two occasions. First time for a week in one of their suites and the second time for four days in a club room. On both visits the staff were extremely pleasant and efficient, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was good and breakfast selection was excellent. The health centre is well equipped with unique views over the river. I have stayed here in the past and have never found the service anything else than of the highest standard.The club lounge although small has improved. Only niggle the wifi coverage, which is free is good downstairs but very spasmodic in the rooms. Could not get a signal in the suit but could in the club room. Apart from that I really enjoyed my stay and the suits and club rooms are well worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side can get traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kiwifarmer

I am pleased to hear you found the rooms clean and comfortable and I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our pleasant staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service.

We are always looking for new ways to maintain and improve our high standards and your points concerning the Wi-fi will be noted and used in any future developments our hotel will be under taking. We do provide Wi-fi on the ground floor of our hotel, if internet access is needed in the bedrooms, each room is provided with an Ethernet cable.

Once again thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

A stunning very friendly hotel. Superb facilities, beautiful room. I was sad to leave so will definitely be back ASAP.The bedroom overlooked the Princes Dock and it was a stunning view.
We stayed there as we went to the Echo Arena to see a show but I would definitely recommend it for business etc as the facilities are wonderful.
The room that we stayed in was more like a classy apartment with everything that you could possibly need.(iron & board, tea making, trouser press, 2 tvs, Jacuzzi bath, shower and lots of lovely extras).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Princes suite and it was beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulamharris

I appreciate your feedback regarding our well equipped bedrooms and I am glad you had the opportunity to make full use of our facilities whilst staying here. It is a pleasure to hear you will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

we stayed for 2 nights in september,the hotel is in a good location,close to the docks and close to the shops.the room had a lovely view of the river and the liver building.the breakfast was excellent with a good choice.i would defintley recommend as a place for a short break.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CumbriaChristine
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding our location and I am glad to hear you enjoyed our full English Breakfast Buffet which offers an option for everyone’s needs. Thank you for recommending us and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.