“Good location and friendly, efficient staff”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good location and friendly, efficient staff”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

It was very easy to find this hotel and I parked without problem. The only issue is that you have to pay £10 per 24 hours. Check in was smooth.
The room was a basic room on the 4th floor. It was perfectly functional, clean and the bed was really comfortable with good quality bedding. There was a pillow option - if you preferred feather pillows for example. Complimentary water was provided and there were snuggly gowns to wear.
We stayed on the Thursday and the Friday nights. I slept perfectly on the Thursday but the Friday night was very noisy and I was woken at various intervals up to 3.18am. Mentioning this to the reception I was informed that there was a wedding party in. As the Friday night was more expensive than the Thursday night, it would not inspire me to return at a weekend.
The hot tub offered a fabulous view of the Liver Building and the pool was not too busy.
Staff were lovely throughout the stay; most professional and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MerlinRalphie
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We value all our guests comments and use them for us improve our guest satisfaction.

I do apologise that you were woken by the party in our function suite. I can understand the annoyance of having your sleep disturbed and I have discussed this with our events team.

Glad you like all our staff and their great customer service they all have.

We all hope you do return to our hotel soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterlee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is in a good location for visiting shops etc. The food was okay but the restaurant was very expensive, there are a load of restaurants within walking distance for half the money.Hotel could do with a little bit of TLC, our room was very dusty and paintwork tatty !!!! Couldn't fault the staff as they were all very helpful .had to queue to wait for breakfast !!!! If they cannot accommodate the customers then they shouldnt book as many in , you should not be queuing to eat !!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Laceybaby1104,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent visit. I am happy to know that our location was convenient. However, please accept my apologies for the issues you have encountered in your room. We will use your feedback to improve our efforts.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give our hotel another try.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

From the moment I checked in until I checked out, I received first class customer service from immaculate attentive staff.

The waterside facing room was lovely, with excellent facilities and plenty of storage space. The air-conditioning was quiet and effective, the rooms well sound-proofed and the beds comfortable.
The bathroom was clean – the only minor drawback being the showerhead height is not adjustable. The bath was a good size.

There was plenty of choice at breakfast with an a la carte menu in addition to the buffet. Due to my short stay I did not have the chance to use the sports facilities.

The hotel is within walking range of the shops and tourist attractions. Most train tickets to Liverpool are to ‘Liverpool Stations’ so if you arrive at Lime Street, just jump the Merseytravel Underground to James Street which is within 10 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Get a deal that includes breakfast to get best value for money - this hotel is not the cheapest in t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Northernlass481
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

We value all our guests comments, and can assure you I will share them with the team.

We are glad you were so pleased with the check in and out on reception and also our staff, its always nice to hear.

Hope to see you again at Crowne Plaza Liverpool

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking as it was one of the only hotels that had rooms available .
Booking procedure was easy- made over the phone via central reservations .
Good central location, and parking outside the hotel ( you have to pay for parking separately , which considering the price of the rooms per night, is not so good)
Accommodating bar staff, and the lounge area was very nice. Food was good.
Nice room, however mini bar was empty- again, based on the price of the room per night is not so good)
If I'm honest I wasn't too impressed that the sheets on my queen bed did not fit the bed properly, that being said I had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was as you would expect from this kind of hotel.
Short stay but a welcome break. Perhaps a little overpriced at £165 a night , however I would stay again as the location is very good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank read_review_first
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback for your recent stay at our hotel.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this allows us to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Regarding your comments about the bed sheets I have spoken to our Housekeeping team and they send their apologies to you, and will make changes to this.

Glad you were happy with our food in the bar area.

Thank you again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I checked in to this plaza in the early hours of the morning. The friendly helpful reception staff could see I was a little tired and I received a perfect "express" check in covering only important information.
I then went to a comfortable silent room and slept soundly, until my alarm. The room provided all the facilities I would expect of a hotel of this standard and I sailed through a seamless check out process.
A stress free stay in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Abi H
Hi Abi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on our hotel.

We are so glad you had such a good sleep, until your alarm!

Hopefully we will see you again at Crowne Plaza Liverpool

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

On the water, with easy access to museums, local transportation, ferry across Mersey, the hotel is an oasis from shopping areas. We used local transport, and when arriving by train, you do not need to pay subway fare. (same for departure). Enjoy a good sized pool, Staff are very professional & helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators, and overlooking river
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CMT-JWT
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities at the hotel.

Also that you enjoyed your time in Liverpool.

Hope to see you again at Crowne Plaza Liverpool

Falkirk
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked direct through ihg site.Paid what i would describe as a premium rate for a 2 night stay in 2 bed room for two adults and a 10 year old.after reading other reviews i had made an executive choice for this hotel as reading between reviews overall they apeared good.firstly they charge 10pounds a night car parking which to be fair should have been validated for guests as other crowne plaza hotels seem to do.The check in was prompt and efficient.On arriving at the room on the second floor we found the following issues-the room had not been cleaned properly as a chocolate wrapper and childs sock and toy were found.it was obvious that the maids had just been in as they were cleaning the other rooms on the floor when we arrived after which was well after 2pm.Also the was only one bottle of complimentary water-which had been opened,glasses were dirty,tv remote was covered in chocolate.i know it is afamily room but a bit of attention to detail was needed.The beds were terrible-firstly both had poor matresses and one had colapsed on the edge which made it lop sided.
Breakfast is an other issue -the seating plan in the restaurant is awfull with the tables being very close together.breakfast choice was ok but it did take 10 minutes for me to get a fried egg.We also used the pool twice which was ok but there were drainage grills around the pool floor missing which is a health and safety issue.
All these issues found were not discussed with the hotel at any time as i pointed out all in my comment card on departure.I believe in honest reviews and await a reply from ihg if my commet card ever reaches them!

Room Tip: rooms at front of hotel overlook health club and liver building.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JamesR1971
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear JamesR1971,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the room has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A