Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
US$212
US$188
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$195
US$185
US$124
US$121
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$178
US$163
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Richmond, BW Premier Collection(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$161
US$143
Agoda.com
2,604 results
All reviewsliver buildingthe club loungealbert dockleisure facilitiescity centresauna and steam roomriver viewcar parkisle of mantwo double bedslovely hotelpier headbreakfast was excellentfamily roomreception staffexecutive roomwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have to admit to being a little biased towards this hotel and the city it is located in. It's my hometown. However the hotel is in an ideal place for everything that makes Liverpool town centre the ideal place to go for shopping or entertainment. It is a short walk from the Albert Dock (shops, restaurants and the Tate), closer still to the Museum of Liverpool, next to Liverpool One (massive shopping complex with an open deck garden/eatery on the roof) and just a short walk from the traditional city centre.

The hotel is swish and up-market (Crowne Plaza is the upper middle rated IHG hotel brand) and the staff are helpful, courteous and very professional. Things just get done, mostly without asking and always quickly. Just a great place to stay.

Oh and if you own a BMW just show your key and ask for an upgrade to club status. They race a couple of cars in Europe (think it's Europe TC) and have a good deal for BMW owners.

Room Tip: One with a river view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KMC23W
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for tis brilliant review!

I am so happy to hear that you had such a lovely stay at the hotel, and that you loved the staff here, we have a brilliant team and I'm glad you agree.

Hope to see you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights at the end of November for a short break, I found the receptionist friendly and helpful on arrival. I was given a room on the forth floor overlooking the Mersey, which was a lovely view, although the room was quite small it had everything needed to make it comfortable, including two chocolate mints and two bottles of mineral water. I ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and found the staff and food very pleasant and friendly, as were the bar staff. The hotel was very well located for seeing the city.
Although this was a 4 star hotel, the only things I found 4 star were the prices, when on arrival, reception said as I was on a room only basis I could have breakfast for £14.95 per day, which I declined and later found a lovely restaurant in the Albert docks for half the price. The bar was a nice sized area but was quite darkly decorated, and very expensive, a pint of Peroni was £5.50 and the bar food was priced very high a burger with chunky chips and a topping came in just short of £15.00. I've stayed in better quality priced 3 star hotels, I paid a little extra for this trip but was quite disappointed. When checking out I asked to leave my luggage at reception as my train home wasn't for a couple of hours, this was fine but at this point I was offered a city guide and map to the city. Overall a nice hotel but expensive and slightly disappointing.

Room Tip: A view of the Mersey is a must
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your feedback for our hotel.

I do apologise that you had some issues whilst staying with us. This is not how we want our guests to feel.

Here at Crowne Plaza we take all guests feedback very seriously and I have spoken to the team to improve on the areas you have highlighted.

I am very glad to hear that you were happy with our staff and rooms, this is always nice to hear.

I hope to see you again in the future at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here after our wedding and I must say what a great location this hotel is , right on the door step to everything , we went to the reception to book in and was greeted by the reception staff, very polite and full of knowledge and a warm welcome, we booked a room on the water front and was a great room very spacious and great views over the water front, would recommend the 4th floor water front rooms, comfy bed pleasant deco, the down fall was only one chair with the table so as a couple would be good to sit together at the table over looking the great water front, ice machine on the landing an added bonus!!, maids where very friendly and cleaned our room to an excellent level, so hats of to them and a big thank you !!!, the breakfast area was poor we had to wait 20 mins for breakfast as they had been a party on and the breakfast area couldn't cope with the amount of gusts , and not enough staff, the breakfast was nothing to shout about having to self serve and when you are paying over £130 per room you expect a service , the food was just in trays keeping it warm very disappointing, the bar lounge looked like an airport lounge and not enough bar staff on so I waited 25 minutes until I was served however the bar staff did apologise and was very helpful and polite , the brassiere was basically the breakfast room but with a few wine glasses on the tables, you would expect a restaurant with the kind of prices you are paying, excellent leisure facilities very friendly staff, good clean and professional , we payed £370 for 3 nights and and extra £ 30.00 just to park my car on the HOTEL CARPARK!!!! Not happy with this I have never been to a hotwl where you have to pay for parking this is just an extra cost that is not needed and still unsure why you had to pay this?? I would visit the hotel again when its on offer as I have stayed in 4 start hotels before at half the price. Great central hotel for everything needs more staff and better eating facilities

Room Tip: choose 4th floor water front rooms excellent
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

I do apologise that you had some issues whilst staying with us, this is not how we want our guests to feel.

I have discussed all the points you have raised with our relevant managers and they are all disappointed to hear that you experienced these issues.

Here at Crowne Plaza we take all our guests feedback seriously and use it to improve our customer service.

On behalf of myself and all the team I would like to wish you both congratulations on your wedding.

I hope we see you return at the hotel in the future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked this hotel with my husbands IHG points rewards nights - Excellent location for all the attractions in Liverpool. First of all I have to mention the hotel reception staff Kayleigh and Michael especially they bent over backwards for us and nothing was a problem for them Kayleigh could hardly speak as she had a really sore throat but still gave you her full attention gave her a few packets of cough sweets to try and make her feel at least a bit better. Had a great room over looking Liver building but had views of the river also which was great and were able to watch the Santa race on the Sunday morning. The only down fall I would mention was we did not get any items replenished on our 2nd day but a simple phone call to reception and this was rectified within 5 minutes but again this should not happen in this standard of hotel. The hotel was fully booked for the whole weekend and had functions on both Friday and Saturday. If you get a chance to stay at this hotel stay it is well worth it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank alw4

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you had such lovely comments about our staff. Kayleigh and Michael were very happy too!

Nice to hear that you recommend the hotel to others.

I hope we see you again at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is such an awesome venue in the heart of Liverpool by the Mersey and the TEAM then Ged and Anna are STARS! Could not have done it without them. Though all the STAFF there are amazing from the PORTER on the door to the Reception area to ALL - such a great team.

The food was fab u lous and the breakfast is the best in Liverpool. The rooms are fab with beds that I had trouble getting out of.

Room Tip: 236 over the Mersey.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NINOKAZ

Dear Guest,

Wow! What an amazing review!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your event so much at our hotel.

I'm very happy that you are so pleased with our team here at Crowne Plaza. Anna and Ged were delighted with your comments, as was all the staff.

Hope to see you in the future at the hotel again.