“Great way to bring in the New Year”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Merseyside
“Great way to bring in the New Year”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife+I have celebrated the last few New Year`s Eves at The Crowne Plaza, Liverpool City Centre, by attending their New Year`s Eve Black Tie Ball. On the two previous occasions, we had experienced problems, both on the night and the following morning. Thankfully this year was an exception. This was due mainly to the excellent organisational skills of the Event Coordinator, Stephanie Clarke. Before we made the reservation we contacted the Hotel to ask for assurances and Stephanie provided them. She kept in touch with us from the moment we booked until the night itself, just checking if we had any queries or requests, and she managed to oversee our check in and ( late ) check out in person, and as a result, everything ran smoothly ( well -almost but the one issue was quickly and professionally resolved). The Dinner and Party were excellent, with the food being well cooked and presented, with really good service. The DJ was `spot on` and we hope he will be there again for this New Year`s Eve! A brilliant night was had by all!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review on the hotel.

It is so nice to hear guests returning to the hotel and having such a great time.

Stephanie was thrilled with your comments as she did work really hard to ensure all our guests had a great time.

Thank you so much for loyalty to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year, or maybe sooner!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Crown Plaza is in the center of Liverpool on the Mersey. It is within walking district of the center of Liverpool with galleries, monuments, gardens and shopping all within a 20 minute stroll
Even though in the city center the hotel was quiet and, from our room we heard nothing over rt he 4 days we were there

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor overlooking the Mersey
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay over New Year.

I am very happy that you had such a great stay here.

The location of the hotel is great and very accessible for all the main points in the city.

I hope you return to the hotel in the future.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool hotel and on reflection feel the need to share my thoughts. My stay was on Saturday night just gone and I have to say the one night stay was fantastic and this is down to one reason that stands out....... the team of staff at the hotel.

When I was looking at one or two reviews before choosing which hotel to book into I chose the Crowne Plaza after seeing so many previous guests comment on their experience when staying. A number of their comments focused on the quality of the customer service.

When booking my stay I made a mistake by booking the wrong night (that night rather than the following night, Saturday!). I contacted the hotel and with absolutely no fuss from Lisa , despite being within the 24hr cancellation period, the booking was changed to the following night with Lisa wishing me a safe journey and looking forward to seeing me. On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by Katie and another colleague who were just extremely welcoming and efficient. I asked Katie if any upgrades were available and she promptly gave me what seemed very good value options which I was happy to accept. During the stay there was a lovely feel about the hotel and nothing was ever too much trouble.

Our check out was equally as pleasant with Katie signing me up to the rewards programme even though I asked AFTER I had checked out which meant some extra work for her. Done with a smile nonetheless and no problem. Many guests may simply see this approach as the 'norm'. However from my experience of using many hotels frequently for work and pleasure it's not!

The customer care from these guys was a very professional approach but with a human touch..... delivering high standards done through a friendly approach and genuine interest rather than process and protocols. This is what I see sets this teams out from the rest and it's extremely pleasing and refreshing to see. The interaction was genuine and not forced or robotic.

On leaving the hotel myself and my girlfriend decided to make this our hotel of choice when visiting Liverpool. The room was lovely, cleanliness was immaculate and a great feel about the hotel but in fairness so was the nearby Hilton and others that we have used but I have to say it was the great team that made the difference to our stay.

Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank BigBanger
Dear Guest,

This is such an amazing review!

Thank you for all your feedback.

The whole team at Crowne Plaza is thrilled with your comments, thank you from everyone here.

We take customer service and our standards very seriously and always focus on the customers needs and expectations, so to hear that you were so pleased with them is a great boost for us all.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and found the hotel to in such an immaculate state, and that you would return.

Looking forward to greeting you in the hotel in the future, thank again.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a fantastic hotel, what makes it stand out is the staff. From the concierge, to the staff in the spa, everyone was so friendly and happy to stand and chat.

The hotel knew we were staying for our anniversary, and for this reason left cake in our room and gave us a complimentary round of drinks with our evening meal, which was a lovely touch.

Our room was clean, comfortable and with lovely bedding. The spa was fine, but the pool was cold and the jaccuzzi had to much chlorine.

The evening meal was included, the menu was great and the food well presented and tasty, as was the breakfast.

The hotel is conveniently positioned for shopping and sight seeing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us for your anniversary.

Its always nice to hear our guests so happy with the staff here, we have a great team here who work really hard to make our guests experience that much better.

I hope your return to the hotel next time you and your family are in Liverpool.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

could not agree more with other reviews in that its definitely the staff that will make your stay special.we arrived early at midday expecting to be told to wait until 2 pm but not at all the girls on reception were fabulous and showed us to a very clean,pleasant and faultless room. the room was overlooking the busy road but was very quiet.Having booked the new years eve gala dinner only a couple of days earlier i was expecting the odd hiccup,thanks to bernard and stephanie in events this was not the case and everything was superbly done.The gentleman concierge took photos and made us feel like millionaires and Nick,one of the managers went out of his way to explain and show us the hotel.The actual event,with champagne reception,piper,four course meal,robbie williams entertainment and disco was magical and the bacon rolls after midnight was a great touch. Fantastic stay and will not only be back for next new year eve but on every visit we make to this great city.thanks to all the staff for making our stay such a great one

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet but ask for front room if want view of mersey
To Nigel,

Thank you for such a fabulous review on the hotel.

I am so pleased that your stay with us over New Year was so impressive.

Bernard, Stephanie, Nick and the concierge Frank were absolutely thrilled with your comments, so thank you from them.

Its fantastic to see that you will make Crowne Plaza Liverpool your choice of hotel when staying in Liverpool in the future.

Look forward to seeing you again, also for New Year 2014!

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed 3 days including New Year's Eve. All the staff in their prospective roles were friendly, helpful, polite and extremely welcoming. We stayed on the 4th floor with views over Princess DOck -perfect for viewing firework display at midnight.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was also very comfortable.
The hotel is ideally situated to get around the town centre, Albert Dock, And all the museums. Would recommend staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor have the best views over the river
To Christine,

Thank you for this lovely review.

I am very happy that you had such a great stay over New Year and were so pleased with the hotel.

We have a great location for the hotel, so I am happy that you found this too.

Very nice to hear that you would recommend the hotel, I also hope you return in the future.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong it is a lively hotel, nice and clean with nice sized bedrooms. Mine faced the back onto a busy road but there was no noise. I used the gym which has plenty of modern eqipment an excellent steam room and sauna with an adequate swimming pool.

The sleep aids and comfortable bed meant I had my best sleep for months which was great.

The hotel is well placed for walks on the river and the museums, shops and restaurants are all easily accessible within 5 min walk.

All the above made for an excellent and memorable stay but equalled other hotels I have stayed in.

The main difference were the welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. This was consistent across the hotel for which you should be commended. Not the cheapest hotel in Liverpool but if you can afford it worth it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous review of the hotel.

I am so pleased that you had such a great stay here.

I have to agree with you on the staff, we have a brilliant team here who are always willing to help and ensure a great experience whilst at the hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you had the best nights sleep in months, that's very important to us, as we have the sleep advantage package for our guest.

I hope to see you return to the hotel in the future.