“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a celebration with friends for our 50th birthdays, and from start to finish the staff were all wonderful. The hotel itself is really nice, no fault with anything, it is comfortable, clean and very well appointed, but it truly is the great team of staff who make this place special. When we got to our rooms there were birthday cards and chocolate cakes for us, such a lovely thoughtful thing to do, and totally unexpected! Liverpool is a special city, and the staff at the Crown Plaza exemplify this!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review on the hotel from your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear that you all enjoyed your birthdays here at the hotel, and that you liked the cards and cake I left for you all.

Your 'no fault with anything' comment was brilliant to hear, and all the staff were thrilled about this. We do have a great team here who work immensely hard to ensure all guests have a great stay here.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you at the hotel in the future.

Guests Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,507)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed over for one night at the Crowne Plaza in Liverpool, who were hosting my wife's ex-company pensioners' dinner/dance. Our reception was friendly, professional and speedy.

The hotel's rooms were everything you would expect from a large, modern hotel group. The bathroom, with the exception of a cracked bath panel, was clean and modern with a full selection of complimentary toiletries and ample towels. A single dressing gown behind the door and only one chair at the table gave away the fact that this might not have originally been a double bedroom. With plenty of room to circulate, there were no complaints. It was interesting to see that the hotel boasted a selection of bed pillows that were available, varying in fillings and texture.

The view from our window on the fourth floor was stunning. We overlooked the new liner terminal and could see over the River Mersey to the docks, towns and hills of the Wirral Peninsular. As evening came, the lights of the waterfront became mesmerizing and we could have stayed transfixed if we hadn't had a reception to attend. The only drawback to this room was the incessant low-frequency noise of a large fan outside the window. This ran continuously but did not disturb us too much through the night.

Drinks in the bar were the usual overpriced hotel rates but it was only to be expected. However, young male bar-staff were distracted by female bar-staff and I had to remind them to complete the pouring of my Guinness.

With over 200 guests sitting down to dine, the hotel staff coped admirably and the courses were served without event. My wife's pr-request for a gluten-free option was catered for although the sweet variation was nearly forgotten. Cabaret and dancing were the orders for the rest of the night. We never got to use the spa but, from previous visits when I did, I can confirm a clean and adequate facility.

In the morning, full English buffet breakfast was available and started the day well with a large selection of choices. The standard of delivery was good and each item was cooked at short notice and served up fresh and hot.

Booking out tends to be speedy but the payments for the car park could be misinterpreted and leave you with an unwanted extra. Make sure you ask reception on arrival to make parking charges clear. In all, it was good value for money considering its aspect and proximity to the city and its tourist attractions.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms could suffer from air conditioning noise and south facing rooms can provide superb r...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a brilliant review on the hotel following your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you and your wife and such a great stay here, and also enjoyed your evening event.

I would like to thank you for the small points you have raised, as all feedback is gratefully welcomed and we use this to improve our services and standards.

There is a wide choice for breakfast so I'm glad you agree and were happy with the standard that we provide for our guests.

I do apologise if the car park charges were not explained to you, I have spoken to reception to ensure we are telling guests on check in, they are also on our website too if you ever need to know them for any future reservations you may have here.

Again I would like to thank you and I hope to see your return in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife+I have celebrated the last few New Year`s Eves at The Crowne Plaza, Liverpool City Centre, by attending their New Year`s Eve Black Tie Ball. On the two previous occasions, we had experienced problems, both on the night and the following morning. Thankfully this year was an exception. This was due mainly to the excellent organisational skills of the Event Coordinator, Stephanie Clarke. Before we made the reservation we contacted the Hotel to ask for assurances and Stephanie provided them. She kept in touch with us from the moment we booked until the night itself, just checking if we had any queries or requests, and she managed to oversee our check in and ( late ) check out in person, and as a result, everything ran smoothly ( well -almost but the one issue was quickly and professionally resolved). The Dinner and Party were excellent, with the food being well cooked and presented, with really good service. The DJ was `spot on` and we hope he will be there again for this New Year`s Eve! A brilliant night was had by all!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review on the hotel.

It is so nice to hear guests returning to the hotel and having such a great time.

Stephanie was thrilled with your comments as she did work really hard to ensure all our guests had a great time.

Thank you so much for loyalty to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year, or maybe sooner!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Crown Plaza is in the center of Liverpool on the Mersey. It is within walking district of the center of Liverpool with galleries, monuments, gardens and shopping all within a 20 minute stroll
Even though in the city center the hotel was quiet and, from our room we heard nothing over rt he 4 days we were there

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor overlooking the Mersey
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay over New Year.

I am very happy that you had such a great stay here.

The location of the hotel is great and very accessible for all the main points in the city.

I hope you return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool hotel and on reflection feel the need to share my thoughts. My stay was on Saturday night just gone and I have to say the one night stay was fantastic and this is down to one reason that stands out....... the team of staff at the hotel.

When I was looking at one or two reviews before choosing which hotel to book into I chose the Crowne Plaza after seeing so many previous guests comment on their experience when staying. A number of their comments focused on the quality of the customer service.

When booking my stay I made a mistake by booking the wrong night (that night rather than the following night, Saturday!). I contacted the hotel and with absolutely no fuss from Lisa , despite being within the 24hr cancellation period, the booking was changed to the following night with Lisa wishing me a safe journey and looking forward to seeing me. On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by Katie and another colleague who were just extremely welcoming and efficient. I asked Katie if any upgrades were available and she promptly gave me what seemed very good value options which I was happy to accept. During the stay there was a lovely feel about the hotel and nothing was ever too much trouble.

Our check out was equally as pleasant with Katie signing me up to the rewards programme even though I asked AFTER I had checked out which meant some extra work for her. Done with a smile nonetheless and no problem. Many guests may simply see this approach as the 'norm'. However from my experience of using many hotels frequently for work and pleasure it's not!

The customer care from these guys was a very professional approach but with a human touch..... delivering high standards done through a friendly approach and genuine interest rather than process and protocols. This is what I see sets this teams out from the rest and it's extremely pleasing and refreshing to see. The interaction was genuine and not forced or robotic.

On leaving the hotel myself and my girlfriend decided to make this our hotel of choice when visiting Liverpool. The room was lovely, cleanliness was immaculate and a great feel about the hotel but in fairness so was the nearby Hilton and others that we have used but I have to say it was the great team that made the difference to our stay.

Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank BigBanger

Dear Guest,

This is such an amazing review!

Thank you for all your feedback.

The whole team at Crowne Plaza is thrilled with your comments, thank you from everyone here.

We take customer service and our standards very seriously and always focus on the customers needs and expectations, so to hear that you were so pleased with them is a great boost for us all.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and found the hotel to in such an immaculate state, and that you would return.

Looking forward to greeting you in the hotel in the future, thank again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a fantastic hotel, what makes it stand out is the staff. From the concierge, to the staff in the spa, everyone was so friendly and happy to stand and chat.

The hotel knew we were staying for our anniversary, and for this reason left cake in our room and gave us a complimentary round of drinks with our evening meal, which was a lovely touch.

Our room was clean, comfortable and with lovely bedding. The spa was fine, but the pool was cold and the jaccuzzi had to much chlorine.

The evening meal was included, the menu was great and the food well presented and tasty, as was the breakfast.

The hotel is conveniently positioned for shopping and sight seeing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us for your anniversary.

Its always nice to hear our guests so happy with the staff here, we have a great team here who work really hard to make our guests experience that much better.

I hope your return to the hotel next time you and your family are in Liverpool.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

could not agree more with other reviews in that its definitely the staff that will make your stay special.we arrived early at midday expecting to be told to wait until 2 pm but not at all the girls on reception were fabulous and showed us to a very clean,pleasant and faultless room. the room was overlooking the busy road but was very quiet.Having booked the new years eve gala dinner only a couple of days earlier i was expecting the odd hiccup,thanks to bernard and stephanie in events this was not the case and everything was superbly done.The gentleman concierge took photos and made us feel like millionaires and Nick,one of the managers went out of his way to explain and show us the hotel.The actual event,with champagne reception,piper,four course meal,robbie williams entertainment and disco was magical and the bacon rolls after midnight was a great touch. Fantastic stay and will not only be back for next new year eve but on every visit we make to this great city.thanks to all the staff for making our stay such a great one

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet but ask for front room if want view of mersey

To Nigel,

Thank you for such a fabulous review on the hotel.

I am so pleased that your stay with us over New Year was so impressive.

Bernard, Stephanie, Nick and the concierge Frank were absolutely thrilled with your comments, so thank you from them.

Its fantastic to see that you will make Crowne Plaza Liverpool your choice of hotel when staying in Liverpool in the future.

Look forward to seeing you again, also for New Year 2014!