“Lovely hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #23 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
london
“Lovely hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked one nights stay to celebrate my birthday. I booked through booking.com and requested a quiet room with river view.
Check in is 2pm, we arrived about 1:45pm but were checked in as room was ready. I was not given a river view and pointed this out to the girl on reception. The hotel was very busy, I told her it was my birthday and she upgraded us to an executive room 126 with a view at no extra cost.
The rooms are not massive but they are adequate with good storage. I read reviews saying hotel was tired, yes it could do with an update but you only noticed this if you looked for it.
Our room was clean, the bed was comfy and lovely pillows.
The staff were lovely and very polite, from the reception, cleaners and waiting staff. We unpacked and went off out, when I got back there was a birthday card, and lovely piece of cake in the room, so thoughtful. We had the early bird dinner, two courses for £11.95 I think. This was very nice and all tasted home made.
Wine was pricey, but then it is a hotel. When we arrived back from dinner the bed had been turned down and two bottles of water and two chocolates were put by the bed.
Breakfast was ok, some bits were raw or undercooked like the bacon and black pudding but there was a fair choice of food. Sadly we did not get chance to use the pool as there was so much else to do. The rooms had bathrobes, toiletries iron and hair dryer, also a fridge, coffee etc.
Overall lovely stay, friendly helpful staff., I would stay again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely hotel, great location. a wonderful place to relax after a busy day.
Facilities are great, Changing rooms for pool\sauna are a bit cramped.

Parking cost is quite high for the area, There are cheaper options close by but just need to balance convenience with cost. next time I would not park in the hotel but next door where its £3 per day.

Room Tip: Lower floors, closer to the pool and bar areas
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

4 star ? Rooms with no safe, no trouser press, not what I expect when travelling.
I have been coming here often but am now realising how you overlook things due to good staff, but on this visit that has gone.
Business travellers I suggest you look elsewhere

Stayed April 2014
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest, we are sorry the room type you were allocated did not have a safe in, unfortunately not all of our bedrooms do, however we do have safety deposit boxes behind our reception desk for your personal belongings where you can access 24 hours a day with your own key. In regards to the trouser press, please accept our apologies for this. All of our room should have them in, if you could provide me with the room number I will certainly investigate into this. We thank you for your loyal custom and we hope you will return so we can demonstrate our excellent customer service skills. Should you wish to book to stay here with us agian, please contact me directly and I will make sure your room has a safe and a trouser press in.
Kind Regards
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Had a lovely stay here for Mother's Day. Lovely comfy, clean room with a river view. Very friendly staff on reception, in the bar area and in the breakfast room. Excellent breakfast. Stayed in a room with a river view. Loved it...

2 Thank Kathryn C
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on such a wonderful stay you had with us on Mothers Day. I truly appreciate your comments and I am very happy see our friendly staff took care of you. I am glad to read how you enjoyed our ‘best breakfast in town’ in our lovely river view room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
badgworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza City Centre on a Sunday evening, we had booked a suite which was very well appointed, good king sized bed, lovely bathroom with excellent facilities and huge bath towels. Both the receptionist and the concierge were charming and couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfast was good and both food and plates were hot.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, being in a good location and very good value for money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest, I cannot express my gratitude on how pleasing it is to read such a good comment regarding your stay here with us. It is always a pleasure to see how our guests enjoyed their stay and how much an impression our wonderful staff had on you. I will certainly pass on your comments to our reception and concierge team, and I do agree with you on our perfect location. We thank you for your recommendation on the hotel and I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Having tried a few other hotels in Liverpool in previous months, I opted for the Crowne Plaza this time. Hotel staff very friendly and check in was swift - always a bonus - room was fine but was a tiny bit tired looking and the bathroom smelt a bit fusty. However, the room was very warm despite what setting the temp guage was set at and the windows are sealed shut! My room was overlooking the road and quite ugly but no road noise from 4th floor.

Breakfast was excellent whereas the evening meal food was average and after only two nights, the limited menu was boring. Bar staff were lovely & friendly.

I used the gym, pool, sauna etc which were busy, but not too busy. All very clean & most importantly, everything was working which was great.

The free Wifi is VERY slow. Don't know what the paid for wifi speed is like but the free stuff is almost useless. Also, even though you can get over 70+ TV channels for free at home, Hotel only provide about 15 UK channels which was not great.

Hotel situated in a great area by docks with loads of bars, restuarants, attractions, etc and great to walk around.

I will stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the docks. I didn't but I should have as the other side overlooks a 6 l...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. I happy to see you opted for our hotel and found your stay enjoyable and I agree we are well situated. I am delighted to see that you found the staff to be excellent, as they are responsible for leaving our guests with a lasting impression.
However, I can also see your room was not up to our normal high standards, and the temperature was very warm please accept our apologies for this. All of the windows in the room do not open for the safety of our guests.
With regards to your view from the room, we do have waterfront rooms which you can book for the next time you stay with us. I happy to see you got to use our leisure facilities and everything was clean and working.
I am sorry for our WIFI connection being slow during the stay, our premium access is for anything higher which requires any downloading or video calling and you can purchase this at our reception desk.
Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is located adjacent to the Liver Building and is a short walk from all the major attractions. It was much better value for money than its nearest rivals. Liverpool, generally, is a walkable city, although a one hour tour on the open top bus is great for identifying the attractions and their relative locations. The hotel and its facilities are to the standard normally expected from four star chain hotels. It is comfortable and the service is good although the bar is very expensive. The rooms are a little smaller than comparable chain hotels although the bathroom was quite large. On balance; we were quite pleased with our choice and would return here if the prices continue to be competitive.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review on your stay here with us at the hotel. I am very happy to see you found our hotel better value to other hotels in the city, and you enjoyed your time sightseeing. I personally recommend the hop on hop off bus as it’s a great way to see the city and all the attractions our wonderful city has to offer. I am also happy to see you enjoyed your stay overall and your comments on the bar prices have been taken onboard. With regards to our prices booking directly through us either on the telephone or online, we can guarantee the best price for you.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travellers and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.