“Great staff and great location”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and two kids for 3 nights in Easter holidays. The impression on arrival is great and the staff welcome warm and friendly. We had a nice view of the Mersey from our room. Although the room was a little tatty - torn carpet, cracked tile and a bit of flaky paint in bathroom, it was clean and comfortable. The hotel is well located for all the local sights and shopping; we didn't have to get into our car once, which was great. The facilities are really good - we used the pool, sauna and steam room every day and were able to get an extra hour before check out at no extra charge so that we could swim before we left for London. I would certainly recommend Liverpool and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just got back from a 2 night stay with my boyfriend, the hotel is ideally situated within walking distance of the city centre. First of all id like to say a big thank you to Danny off the bar for being a star! Even at the busiest times he still had a smile and showed excellent customer service! Also kate from restaurant, she was also very helpful and very smiley! The room was superb with lovely views of the docks and the ferries! Although there was a huge function on which our room was right above we couldn't hear a thing and slept well through the night! I couldn't recommend this hotel enough! We will definitely be returning and didn't want to come home! It's an asset to the intercontinental hotels group!

1  Thank etheaker0801
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Well where can I start reception staff brilliant and very helpful, spotless room with a great view of the river. Bar a bit pricey. Perfect location 5 min walk into the main shopping center and bars. Breakfast was brill so much to choice from would return for the breakfast alone. A special thank you to Demi-Leigh on the buffet who was fantastic with my children, recommended some great things to do in l.pool and was always happy and smiley even at 7am.
Will be back in the summer holidays
keep up the good work Crowne Plaza Liverpool
Carla Alawi
(Hope you receive this review as I am new to all this)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Keep returning to this hotel, it's in a great location and the staff are absolutely spot on. Lovely clean and friendly and the breakfast, well...........your're just spoilt for choice! You really need to sort out your car park fees, hence why I've given it a 4.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment on Trip advisor on your recent stay here with us at the Hotel. I am so pleased to read how you keep returning to our hotel, and I truly thank you for your loyal custom. I agree with you we are in a great location, and thank for your kind words on the hotel, staff and our “best breakfast in town”. With regards to the our car parking fee, the Crowne Plaza offers 159 car parking spaces, and we guarantee a space to all of your guests. As these spaces are not owned by the hotel it is necessary to charge guests for its use. The charge we have set is at par with all our competitors in the city and allows you to safely park until the day of your departure. I fully appreciate your comments and as we are always looking for ways to improve our standards I can assure you that your points have been noted. We hope you come and visit us again in the future.
Kind Regards
Kayleigh Judge
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed over at crowne plaza as was attending a wedding don't normally do reviews but on this case thought it was a must hotel staff and service are really good friendly and helpful what made they stay for me was attending the leisure club they have there I asked one of the personal trainers some advice as recently getting back into fitness this guy was really great so helpful and full of advice but the service didn't stop there as he came in early to give me a traininng session with him to help with my goals and upon checking out he had gone out his way to right me a training plan to take away with me totally unexpected I would like to say thank you agen to barry the trainer for his time and commitment this guy really has a passion for his job would recommend because of this reason

1  Thank Rishi212

Dear Guest, I hope you enjoyed the stay and the Wedding here with us at the Crowne Plaza, our hotel is a perfect venue for functions. Thank you very much for your very kind comments on Barry our personal trainer in the Harbour club. I have personally congratulated him on this excellent work and for the “extra mile” he went to coming in early and also in completing you a training programme to take home. I agree this does show dedication and passion for the job, which is what we want in all of our staff, thank you for your recommendation. I hope the fitness training is going well, and we hope we can welcome you back to hotel and you can show Barry the hard work you have been doing.
Kind Regards,
Kayleigh Judge
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked one nights stay to celebrate my birthday. I booked through booking.com and requested a quiet room with river view.
Check in is 2pm, we arrived about 1:45pm but were checked in as room was ready. I was not given a river view and pointed this out to the girl on reception. The hotel was very busy, I told her it was my birthday and she upgraded us to an executive room 126 with a view at no extra cost.
The rooms are not massive but they are adequate with good storage. I read reviews saying hotel was tired, yes it could do with an update but you only noticed this if you looked for it.
Our room was clean, the bed was comfy and lovely pillows.
The staff were lovely and very polite, from the reception, cleaners and waiting staff. We unpacked and went off out, when I got back there was a birthday card, and lovely piece of cake in the room, so thoughtful. We had the early bird dinner, two courses for £11.95 I think. This was very nice and all tasted home made.
Wine was pricey, but then it is a hotel. When we arrived back from dinner the bed had been turned down and two bottles of water and two chocolates were put by the bed.
Breakfast was ok, some bits were raw or undercooked like the bacon and black pudding but there was a fair choice of food. Sadly we did not get chance to use the pool as there was so much else to do. The rooms had bathrobes, toiletries iron and hair dryer, also a fridge, coffee etc.
Overall lovely stay, friendly helpful staff., I would stay again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy s
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely hotel, great location. a wonderful place to relax after a busy day.
Facilities are great, Changing rooms for pool\sauna are a bit cramped.

Parking cost is quite high for the area, There are cheaper options close by but just need to balance convenience with cost. next time I would not park in the hotel but next door where its £3 per day.

Room Tip: Lower floors, closer to the pool and bar areas