“Lovely hotel lovely staff”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a stay at crowne plaza Liverpool. Hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean and all staff were lovely. Restaurant for dinner and breakfast was very nice. We had room 400 which gave an amazing view over the Mersey. Will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank karen100Glasgow
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Karen form Glasgow, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a wonderful 5 star review on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you both enjoyed your visit to the hotel and how you will be retuning to stay here with us. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,542)

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a mini break. Staff at the hotel were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. Location was spot on. Breakfast was good with a decent enough variety of food. This hotel was in fact cheaper than the travelodge for the Saturday night!! My only minor complaint would be for a 5 star hotel rooms could be updated with perhaps walk in showers which is standard for most high quality hotels. This is only a minor complaint and I would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HurstyStaffs

Dear Visitor, Thank you very much for posting a brilliant review on your recent stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool City Centre. We truly appreciate the time you have take to share your views on our hotel with other travellers. We will certainly take your comments on board with regards and the shower and shower certain, as we are always looking at ways we can improve for the future. We look forward to welcoming you stay here with us again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We have just stayed at the Crown plaza at princess dock in Liverpool and had a great stay.friendly and helpfull staff and our room overlooked the river Mersey .

Our room was number 400 and I would recommend this room to others going here .The bathroom and towels were luxurious as were the toiletries and our bed was really comfy as well .

Breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty of selection .The bar prices were very reasonable as well .All in all a great stay and will return again .

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bazzaruns

Dear Guest, thank you very much for posting a wonderful 5 star review on our hotel. It is always pleasing to read how much our guests enjoyed the stay with us at the Crowne plaza Hotel Liverpool City Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are visiting the city.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived on an early flight from Dublin and went to leave our bags in to the hotel as we assumed no rooms would be ready at 9am. The girl in reception went and checked and found us one which was great and unexpected. She advised it was street facing so might be noisy from the traffic but we weren't bothered.

The room was beautiful, nice comfy bed and a big bright bathroom with proper bath towels that wrap around you fully rather than barely cover you(easily amused). They provide free bottles of water and chocolates which are replenished every day. TV has sky sports along with all the standard channels which was handy

We were provided with a map of the city and shown where all the touristy stuff and shopping areas were. The girl was really helpful but i never caught her name. Nothing was to much for them from getting taxis to providing us local information.

Breakfast was lovely with loads of options and all freshly made. Staff were really nice and pleasant. The bar food was great but i thought a bit expensive but was filling and did the job.

We had an early flight when leaving and i asked could we have something to eat before we left and to the night managers credit he left coffee, pastries, pancakes, orange juice and fruit out for us which was really appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are better for scenic views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theredarmy

Dear Guest, Thank you so very much for posting a fantastic 5 star review on our hotel. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your knowledge of the hotel and the city to other travellers looking to visit the city. It is lovely to read how we provided you with your room early and how our helpful reception staff was there to assist you showing you the best places to see and things do in Liverpool. I am very happy to read how our service didn’t stop there either, how our friendly night staff also provided you a packed lunch for your return journey which is brilliant. We truly hope you return to the hotel for a more enjoyable service and stay with us. We look forward to your return visit to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff are friendly and are happy to help it’s in a nice location. The food in the restaurant was very good with a wide selection and some nice wines available by the glass. The room was very comfortable but hot on arrival it took a long time to cool down if it had been a warm night it would have been an issue. Nice sized pool but the changing rooms need updating as they are old and grubby. I went for a swim at 6pm on arrival and after the towel return box was over flowing on to the floor, I swam at 8am next morning and whilst the pile of used towels was lower it was still nearly full so my towel ended up on the floor. The whole leisure facility needs an upgrade/update if this was done it would make it a first class hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the river as they are quieter and have nice views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin G

Dear Martin G, thank you for taking time to post a review on your stay here with us at the hotel. It was lovely to read how you enjoyed your stay and your meal in our restaurant and you were pleased with the selection of wines we have on offer for all of our guests. Thank you very much for your comments on our leisure facilities I am sorry you had to experience this and I will certainly pass on these comments to our Harbour Club Manager who is always looking on ways we can improve on for the future. We truly hope you will choose to stay here with us again in the future, as we would love to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed for 2 nights while on business in the city. Considering the price I was disappointed to find that the mini fridge was not stocked, parking is an extra £10/day and the 24hr room service was a joke.
when I called room service the phone rang out for over 5 minutes before I gave up & tried reception. This also rang out unanswered for 5 minutes. I alternated between the different numbers for 20 minutes before finally getting an answer.
As the 24hr menu is limited to about 9 dishes, I choose 1 of the 3 curry dishes, only to be told that pizza was all that was available.
Not impressed I ordered the pepperoni & a coke. 15 minutes and £18.95!!!! later I was the unhappy recipient of a cheap supermarket frozen pizza, cunning disguised with half a kilo of cheese!
This hotel trades on its location and forgets the basics.
I will not be returning

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I am so sorry your stay was not what you expected and did not meet your needs. I am disappointed to read how we did not provide Crowne Plaza standard service to you and how inadequate the food service was on this occasion. This is certainly not our usual high standard we are used to providing, therefore I will pass on all these comments to our Food and Beverage Manager who will act upon this according with any retraining being carried out. Once again please accept my sincere apologies for this, and I hope in time you will reconsider our hotel as your choice of hotel to stay in the city.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

When planning my first ever visit to Liverpool, I wanted to find a reasonably-priced, centrally-located hotel with parking within easy walking distance of the city centre: this hotel delivered on all these points. On arrival the reception staff were welcoming, professional and efficient and I was very pleased with our room (a family room with two double beds and a river view). The beds were really comfortable and made up with a selection of pillows ranging from 'feathery-soft' to 'supportive-foamy' to suit everyone's preference. The bathroom was sparklingly clean and stocked with plenty of soft, fluffy towels, the air-conditioning worked perfectly and - a very important point for me - the shower temperature was reliable (so no horrendous cold-to-boiling changes of temperature mid-shower). All in all, top marks for the location, the welcome and the room facilities.

Breakfast offers the full range of self-service options, from cereals, fresh fruit, porridge and 'Full English' through to the cold meats and cheese, pastries and toast. When we visited the hot food was hot, the fried eggs were perfectly cooked and, according to my daughter, the porridge was creamy and delicious. My only minor gripe might be that we weren't offered a second cup of coffee with our breakfast.

It couldn't be easier to walk from the Crowne Plaza to the city centre and to the Liverpool Dock complex. Location: 10/10. We wanted to take a city bus tour as part of our hop-off at the Walker Gallery and the guy at reception pointed out of the window to where the tour bus picks up just a couple of hundred yards from the hotel. He even asked us if we'd like to buy our tickets there and then: again, 10/10 for reception service. We followed his directions and easily caught the tour bus and we saw Liverpool, which is a grand and dignified city, and enjoyed the chirpy & jokey tour commentary.

I used my debit card to book and to pay for my extras during my stay and I have to say that things might have been easier with a credit card: we ordered a room-service snack on our first night but because I didn't have a credit card with me I had to go down to reception to pay for it it on my debit card it could be brought up to the room - I didn't mind though, I just made a mental note to bring a credit card with me next time!

All in all, I thought the Crowne Plaza was a great place to say, offering an unbeatable location, a good-value deal and very professional staff. I fell in love with Liverpool and would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at away from the main road which is very busy. We asked for a river view and it was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NoraBeaune

Dear NoraBeaune, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a nice comment on your stay here with us at the hotel. I am so pleased to read how you truly enjoyed your first visit to our hotel and how you fell in love with the city, I can see how you did. Coming from Liverpool myself I am so proud to be from here and how much the city has to offer tourists. I am so happy to see how much you enjoyed the stay here with us and how our friendly staff were at hand to assist your needs during the stay offering help, personal knowledge and directions when needed. It was such a lovely review you have posted on our hotel and I truly hope you would come and stay here with us again, for yet another memorable stay. See you soon hopefully.