I stayed at this hotel for just 1 night and am awarding it 3 stars for:
- Great location to the dock and City centre.
- An amazing view. Breathtaking, stunning
- A comfortable bed, linens and a great night's sleep.
- Free internet (which I no longer take for granted)
- Good toiletries in the bathroom
- Pool and sauna
- An amazing spread for breakfast
- Complimentary water in the room and a guest ice machine (it was extremely hot)
However that having been said, for me it's not worth the premium they charge to stay here for the following reasons:
- The hotel is not at all modern and is clearly showing its age. In my room (422) the entry way is shabby. The ceiling tiles above the entry way are a disgrace and the bathroom smelled mouldy and musty. I could smell it from when I opened the door of the room.
- I dropped my charger next to the desk in the room and when I bent down to retrieve it was surprised by the dust and the dirt. I am fairly sure that section of the room was not cleaned since 1990. Shudder to think what else might be lurking elsewhere in the room.
- Room service was an absolute disgrace. I had a long day and I was really looking forward to relaxing with room service. The front desk told me that the sides were particularly excellent. I ordered a chicken korma - and just as back up some onion rings (a side). What was delivered to my room cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called a korma. In fact listing it as a korma is an insult to kormas everywhere. It was as if they defrosted frozen cubes of chicken and then dropped them in a very watery sauce. I should have taken a photo of it. The colour is one not seen in nature. It was revolting. There was no coconut or fresh ingredients. Even the thought of it now makes me sick to my stomach. The onion rings were covered with foil when they were hot. So what I got was soggy and inedible. Cannot put into words how disappointed I was with the food. The charge for the meal was removed from my room but the fact that that meal left the kitchen at all is shocking!
- While the spread at breakfast was impressive, when I arrived at 6:40am there was no one there. I seated myself. It was another 20 mins before someone asked me about tea and coffee. And while breakfast starts at 6:30am and I came at 6:40am the pancakes and waffles were stone cold and inedible.
I think if you are going to pay a premium to stay somewhere the service and standards should be above the norm and that is not the case here.
I don't think the hotel is value for money. Thankfully it was on the expenses. Definitely wouldn't spend my own money here. You must be able to do better in Liverpool for the price charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool is located in the heart of this vibrant city with fantastic views of the river and the iconic Royal Liver building. You will find comfort and luxury at one of the most central and desirable locations in Liverpool.The Crowne Plaza Hotel is near Anfield, home of Liverpool FC, The Beatles Museum, Liverpool 1 and a 10 minute riverside walk from the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. Enjoy modern dining in The Plaza Brasserie or your favorite drink in 'The Lounge', our bright and airy atrium is ideal for relaxing or informal meetings with wireless internet access. From the best breakfast in town , to feasting on fabulous food in the evening, our team look forward to welcoming you.Our spacious air conditioned bedrooms most with river views and free internet access, provide you with outstanding comfort. Why not treat yourself to the benefits of a Club room. Eygtian cotton linen on a king sized bed, stunning river views, and exclusive membership to our club lounge, provide you with guaranteed luxury.Our unique meeting and event facilities accommodate up to 500 people and with the convenience of our own secure and well lit on site car park.We can help you put fun in your day in our Leisure club enjoy a swim in our large pool, the bubbles of the spa, or energise in our fully equipped gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Crowne Plaza