Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
2,604 results
All reviewsliver buildingthe club loungealbert dockleisure facilitiescity centresauna and steam roomriver viewcar parkisle of mantwo double bedslovely hotelpier headbreakfast was excellentfamily roomreception staffexecutive roomwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for just 1 night and am awarding it 3 stars for:
- Great location to the dock and City centre.
- An amazing view. Breathtaking, stunning
- A comfortable bed, linens and a great night's sleep.
- Free internet (which I no longer take for granted)
- Good toiletries in the bathroom
- Pool and sauna
- An amazing spread for breakfast
- Complimentary water in the room and a guest ice machine (it was extremely hot)

However that having been said, for me it's not worth the premium they charge to stay here for the following reasons:
- The hotel is not at all modern and is clearly showing its age. In my room (422) the entry way is shabby. The ceiling tiles above the entry way are a disgrace and the bathroom smelled mouldy and musty. I could smell it from when I opened the door of the room.
- I dropped my charger next to the desk in the room and when I bent down to retrieve it was surprised by the dust and the dirt. I am fairly sure that section of the room was not cleaned since 1990. Shudder to think what else might be lurking elsewhere in the room.
- Room service was an absolute disgrace. I had a long day and I was really looking forward to relaxing with room service. The front desk told me that the sides were particularly excellent. I ordered a chicken korma - and just as back up some onion rings (a side). What was delivered to my room cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called a korma. In fact listing it as a korma is an insult to kormas everywhere. It was as if they defrosted frozen cubes of chicken and then dropped them in a very watery sauce. I should have taken a photo of it. The colour is one not seen in nature. It was revolting. There was no coconut or fresh ingredients. Even the thought of it now makes me sick to my stomach. The onion rings were covered with foil when they were hot. So what I got was soggy and inedible. Cannot put into words how disappointed I was with the food. The charge for the meal was removed from my room but the fact that that meal left the kitchen at all is shocking!
- While the spread at breakfast was impressive, when I arrived at 6:40am there was no one there. I seated myself. It was another 20 mins before someone asked me about tea and coffee. And while breakfast starts at 6:30am and I came at 6:40am the pancakes and waffles were stone cold and inedible.

I think if you are going to pay a premium to stay somewhere the service and standards should be above the norm and that is not the case here.

I don't think the hotel is value for money. Thankfully it was on the expenses. Definitely wouldn't spend my own money here. You must be able to do better in Liverpool for the price charged.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dana J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Dana J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding our hotel. I am delighted that we were able to provide you with an adequate bedroom and bathroom amenities.

Providing our guests with good value accommodation is one of our top priorities. It is regrettable to hear that your experience with our room service and with the condition of our hallways fell below your standards. We will certainly use your feedback to improve on our facility so we can provide you with an exemplary stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I always stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotels mainly because of the type of rooms they offer. However, on this occasion, my wife asked for a toasted tea cake whilst waiting for the room to be ready. The waiter arrived 10 minutes later with some kind of bread on a small plate and dropped in on the table without any attention. It was a disgrace, and a lack of respect for the customer. After complaining to Eve (Manager) she apologised and offered us free dinner at the Brasserie as compensation. By the way, my wife had the sea bass which was drowned in butter (see photo).

I was livid and fuming at the lack of care by the incompetent and unprofessional chef. The staff at the bar are young and untrained with very little customer service skills. The hotel needs to do something about the poor quality and attention to service and the food.

I want to thank Eve for listening and trying to make our stay a pleasant one. I get angry to receive poor service at a hotel that I like and enjoy staying at. I am terribly disappointed with the poor service that this hotel offers at the bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FandangoEspanol
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest, we feel we give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your comments regarding the service of the food and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests. I am happy Eve was understanding and helpful towards this issue. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for your time you have taken to post a comment on the hotel and we hope you will return to the hotel in time to receive a more relaxed and professional service which you expect.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed for one night and this hotel is over-priced. In addition parking and breakfast were charged extra. The room was adequate, although the air conditioning was not working sufficiently well to air the room (window screwed shut).
The bathroom was dated - horrible shower curtain around the bath.

Breakfast was standard hotel fare - nothing special. Same with the service.

The location is good for the Liver building, the Mersey and the town centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, we take all your comments on board to continually improve for the future. Our windows are closed for the safety of all our guests, as the position of the hotel is on the waterfront and the wind and weather conditions can be very severe. However we have air-conditioning units circulating fresh air at a suitable temperature. Once again you for your time and we truly hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a stay at crowne plaza Liverpool. Hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean and all staff were lovely. Restaurant for dinner and breakfast was very nice. We had room 400 which gave an amazing view over the Mersey. Will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank karen100Glasgow

Dear Karen form Glasgow, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a wonderful 5 star review on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you both enjoyed your visit to the hotel and how you will be retuning to stay here with us. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a mini break. Staff at the hotel were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. Location was spot on. Breakfast was good with a decent enough variety of food. This hotel was in fact cheaper than the travelodge for the Saturday night!! My only minor complaint would be for a 5 star hotel rooms could be updated with perhaps walk in showers which is standard for most high quality hotels. This is only a minor complaint and I would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HurstyStaffs

Dear Visitor, Thank you very much for posting a brilliant review on your recent stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool City Centre. We truly appreciate the time you have take to share your views on our hotel with other travellers. We will certainly take your comments on board with regards and the shower and shower certain, as we are always looking at ways we can improve for the future. We look forward to welcoming you stay here with us again.