“Perfectly situated, yet quiet & friendly”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Hawkshead, United Kingdom
“Perfectly situated, yet quiet & friendly”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business, had appointments at many venues and the hotel was ideally situated within easy walking distance of them all - hotel receptionists very friendly and helpful - you have to pay for parking but thats the only negative/ lovely large room overlooking the docks, clean bright bathroom with excellent lighting for make up/ very comfortable bed - pillow selection. Mini bar not filled, ice available from hallway and complimentary bottled water & chocolates although these had melted as on table by window in strong sun, room very hot but soon cooled with A/C. Finally although we didn't eat dinner at the hotel the breakfast was one of the best we'd ever had in a hotel, great choice well cooked & presented - if and when we return to Liverpool I have no doubt we will stay here.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank chutneymama
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a great 5 star review on your recent stay here with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I am so happy to read how you enjoyed the stay here with us and that our staff were friendly and processional towards you. All city centre hotels charge for parking and we are in competition with the local market. Our mini bars are only stocked upon request. Oh I am sorry to hear your complimentary chocolates had melted on you. I can maybe suggest to our housekeeping we change were we change the place we put the chocolates when we are lucky enough to get nice sunshine. Once again thank you very much for your time and great comment and I am happy to hear we are your first choice in staying next time. So we will see you soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked in to stay centrally for various meetings attending at the Liverpool Festival of Business and found the hotel easy to find and very comfortable, rooms large and quiet, full of all you need although you have to ask to has the mini bar filled, there is complimentary water and Ice Machines on each floor. The check in staff were very helpful and efficient,car parking has to be paid for though, but I left my car there whilst attending meetings and there was no additional charge. Breakfast was excellent, we had a selection between us from continental to cooked and all was very good, I would definitely stay there again next time I visit and with the Business Festival being such a success I am sure it will not be too long.

Room Tip: We were given a waterside view room which was lovely and quiet. It did get the afternoon sun so was...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chutneymum
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest, thank you very much for posting such a wonderful 5 star review on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. I am so happy you found out hotel suited all your business needs and our location was ideal for your stay. We truly hope you would return to the hotel as we would love to have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back in the future.
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I have just had a nights stay at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Liverpool. This was not the first time we have stayed here and it certainly wont be the last. This hotel is 5 stars in every sense, it is very very clean , the food is excellent and the welcome you receive when you arrive is A1 from Mike and Frank. We celebrated my sons 15th birthday party whilst there and the guest relations manager (Kayleigh) went the extra mile and more to make it a special day!!! I wish other hotels had the same customer drive as Kayleigh and the team.....Many Thanks to a top hotel and team. I for one would most definately recommend this hotel to friends and family .......Regards, Chris (Ellesmere Port)

Room Tip: Upgrade to anExecutive room it is well worth the money!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank chris c
Dear Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a brilliant review on your stay here with us at the hotel. We truly are grateful and it was a pleasure to be a part of your son’s 15th birthday. I am so happy to read myself and my colleagues helped to make your stay more special as this is what we love doing and we hope you and your family will return to the hotel in order for us to meet you all again and make sure you all have another wonderful stay. Thank again Chris and family see you soon.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Compared to other Liverpool Hotels we've stayed at I would stay this hotel is one we've had the best experience in. Nice and clean, friendly guests and staff.

Stayed here for Hubby's Birthday and night away from our baby who was staying with his grandparents. The bar was lovely can't comment on food as we had a table booked outside in hubby's favourite restaurant but we will be trying it at a future point!

Bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. Pool area was great and relaxing.

What more can I say than we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bettyknuszka
Dear visitor, thanks you very much for taking the time to post a great 4 star review on your stay here with us for your husband’s birthday. I am so happy to read you both enjoyed the stay on this special occasion, and happy to see you made use of our leisure facilities. We hope you will come and visit us again to share another birthday maybe, as we would love to welcome you both back to the hotel.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for two visits last month and I found it good all round. Rooms are spacious, clean and well fitted out. The entrance is a bit dreary but it's a minor complaint. Everything worked including air-con and all TV settings. Food was fairly standard but no complaints. There's free use of a gym and a pool.

Room Tip: There are great views on the south side facing the river- the other side faces a main road
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PhilofEnglandLondon
Dear Phil, thank you very much for posting a review on our hotel. I am happy you found our rooms clean and spacious and the air-conditioning unit was in full working order as well as the TV. We truly hope you will return to our hotel in the future should you ever visit Liverpool again.
Bristol
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent a week here on a business trip. Double room was of the standard I'd expect for the money. My room was air conditioned with a sealed window, I prefer to let a bit of outside air in. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The only real problem I had was an 18 minute soft boiled egg that was needless to say hard, other than that the food, service and facilities were more than adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bindavies
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. I am sorry our windows do not open; this is for the safety of our guests as the position on the building and our weather conditions in the city. Although I am so sorry to read you had to wait 18 minutes for a egg, please accept my apologies for this, I will make sure this does not happen again in the future. Once again thank you for your time and I hope this will not deter you from choosing to stay here with us again in the future.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay in the Crowne plaza Liverpool.
Check in was really simple and quick.
Parking is charged at £10 per day reasonable for the location.
Staff very friendly, helpful and professional.
Room straightforward layout typical of most hotels these days but it was super clean. Loads of facility's hair dryer, iron trouser press, tea and coffee making facility's, fridge, ice bucket that you fill with ice from machine down corridor, LCD tv, air conditioning, shoe polish, sewing set,shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath lotion, soap, shower cap, bath robes, even a little spray that's supposed to help you sleep lavender I think.
Waterfront views from our room.
Breakfast was excellent continental, cereal,fruit and full cooked all buffet style but some things you can order from menu and have cooked to order seriously the best selection I think I have seen.
Checkout quick and simple.
Location is waterside 10 minutes walk from Liverpool one next to the Liver building 20 minutes walk from Mathew street, 10 minutes walk from Albert dock.
I would not hesitate at booking this hotel if I want to stay in Liverpool overnight again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lyndonzoe
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a fantastic 5 star review on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. I am sure other travellers will find this comment very informative of all the facilities and items which we provide for you at the hotel. I am so happy to see you enjoyed the selection of hot and cold items we have on offer at breakfast. Once again thank you very much for your time and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.