“Pity I forgot my cossie!”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Somerset
“Pity I forgot my cossie!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First choice when I found myself in Liverpool with nowhere to stay.

Though a bit pricy, it's not unreasonable (look out for deals), but this hotel is really worth it! i always find the staff really friendly, and I go back because the rooms are always immaculate and well appointed, and they provide soap and toiletries and free Wi-Fi.

The room and bed were (as usual) comfortable, and we had a lovely view over the harbour and towards the rivermouth. We were treated to a lovely sunset, too!

Leave room for the ample breakfast, but that could be difficult because there are so many great restaurants in Liverpool these days.

Remember there is a pool - I forgot to pack my cossie this time!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over the river or the old dock, rather than on the north side overlook...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a great review on our hotel. Thank you for making us your first choice in Liverpool. It was a shame you forgot your costume but just so you know for next time you can purchase one at our leisure club reception. Once again thank you for your time and commnets and I hope you will choose to stay here with us again if you are ever in Liverpool. As we would love to be able to accommodate you again and welcome you back to the hotel.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant for our wedding anniversary . Was slightly sceptical but have to say these fears were completely unfounded. The level of service was superb (thankyou Charlotte and Georgia) with the ambience inside perfect. We were shown to a lovely little table with a great view of the liver building and quickly served by Nick who made us very welcome. We both had scallops for starter's, with myself having sea bass for the main and my wife having slow cooked belly pork. The presentation of the meals was outstanding and the taste, well the only thing I can do is compliment the chef on what in food terms was a work of art. My wife went to the kitchen and personally thanked Jessica, which seemed appropriate for what she and her team had prepared. Don't normally do desserts but felt totally compelled after the fantastic offerings and needless to say the strawberry tart just completed an amazing meal.
Cannot wait to return

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Martin R, thank you very much for such a lovely comment on our staff, the food and the service you received. It is fantastic that were able to be a part of your special anniversary and make is memorable for you both. Your comments on this occasion are much appreciated and we cannot wait to serve you here again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Really nice location in Prince's Dock, next door to the Liver Building, a few steps from the Mersey and five minutes walk to the terrific museums (Tate, Maritime, Museum of Liverpool etc). Staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast very good. The room was smart and clean, the bed comfortable. The only minus points were noisy aircon and slightly under par room service food. Otherwise recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a brilliant review on your stay here with us at the hotel. I am so happy to see you were pleased with our location and your room and the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the noise from our air conditioning system, our 24 hour reception team are here to assist if any issues regarding this. Once again thank you for your time and we hope you would stay here with us again in the future.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed one night for a recent conference. The room was large and clean - everything worked and the toiletries were good quality. The service was friendly and efficient, and the breakfast was fine.
It is located on the dock so the room had a view of water, and the hotel is quite close to the city.
It is a modern hotel that delivers what you'd expect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheffview
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. I am happy to see we meet all your business needs for the conference and your stay at the hotel. We truly hope you would consider to stay here again in the future.
Forest of Dean, UK
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife for a long weekend before she went back to work on-board.

Not a cheap weekend, even when booked through Booking.Com, it was £ 365.00 for the two nights (including breakfast - room with a waterfront view).

Arrived about 8 o'clock in the evening, thanks to a nightmare M6 journey that would normally have taken 2 & 1/2 hours but took 6 instead......

Just enough time to book a taxi to cinema for Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie.... not enough time to eat and 10:30 and gone when we came out. Had a swift drink and back to hotel expecting to at least be able to get room service, but nothing doing after 11pm....... hence given the standing and price of hotel, it ain't getting 5 stars.....

Also, on arrival, if you pay by debit card rather than credit card, they load your card up by a further £ 50 per night to cover things you might wish to charge to your room (not levied on credit cards). Personally, I think this is a bit of a liberty and not being a credit card user I don't see why I should be funding their business in this way, so won't be staying again. Also, their own guests are charged £ 10 per night for parking (another liberty, I can understand the pressure that city centre parks are in, but guests who stay - rather than visit - should be free.........).

Public areas look to be capable of coping with clientel, although initially does not appear to be enough seats, those that are there are comfortable.

In itself the hotel is clean and modern and everything works, including WiFi in rooms. Room fairly spacious, with nice big queen/king size bed and separate table and chairs and a decent sized TV. Good choice of items at breakfast and service with very friendly staff, but still not likely to be staying again, despite convenient location for my purposes.......

Room Tip: Stayed fourth floor, river views, some constant noise which I think was air con outside, not intrusi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here with us at the hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback you have given to us in order for us to continue to improve our products and services for the better. I am so sorry to hear of the traffic was not good on the motorway, I understand this is a frustration sitting in traffic. I hope you enjoyed the movie. With regards to the room service we do have 24 hour room service, the menu changes slightly after 11pm however we do serve food and drink 24 hours to your room. I am sorry you were not aware of this. In relation to the debit card payment on check in this is hotel policy and we do require this. We are in competition all the city centre hotel with our car parking traffics and we feel £10 is a reasonable and fair amount for our guest to park over night in our own secure car park. This is certainly not what we expect your guests to feel. Should you wish to email me directly I would be more than happy to address any issues you had guestrealtions@cpliverpool.com. Once again thank you very much for the time you have taken to post your review and we hope in time you would reconsider your decision and stay here with us in order for us to rebuild your faith in our hotel.
gold coast
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel, all the staff were friendly especially reception and concierge. The staff here obviously have great pride in their city and are more than happy to share their wealth of knowledge of things to see and do.
The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the hotel close to shops & restaurants
Many thanks to the lovely lady in the restaurant, who sent an aromatherapy kit up to our room after I mentioned we hadn't been sleeping well due to jet lag!
The only negative I have is the service in the bar area which was either haphazard or non existent.
I would absolutely stay in this hotel again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you so very for posting such a fantastic 5 star review on your stay here with us at the hotel. I am so pleased to read how you felt our staff had great pride in our wonderful city and have lots of knowledge to share. This is exactly what we wish to achieve in each of our staff and I am so happy to see you was able to benefit from this.I feel it is always good to receive local knowledge and recommendations. With regards to the service in the bar and I am so sorry and I will certainly pass this comment onto the bar management for any necessary retraining being carried out. Once again thank you very much for a great review and I hope the bar service will not deter you for using the hotel facilities again in the near future, as we would love to be able to welcome you back very soon.
Hawkshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business, had appointments at many venues and the hotel was ideally situated within easy walking distance of them all - hotel receptionists very friendly and helpful - you have to pay for parking but thats the only negative/ lovely large room overlooking the docks, clean bright bathroom with excellent lighting for make up/ very comfortable bed - pillow selection. Mini bar not filled, ice available from hallway and complimentary bottled water & chocolates although these had melted as on table by window in strong sun, room very hot but soon cooled with A/C. Finally although we didn't eat dinner at the hotel the breakfast was one of the best we'd ever had in a hotel, great choice well cooked & presented - if and when we return to Liverpool I have no doubt we will stay here.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank chutneymama
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a great 5 star review on your recent stay here with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I am so happy to read how you enjoyed the stay here with us and that our staff were friendly and processional towards you. All city centre hotels charge for parking and we are in competition with the local market. Our mini bars are only stocked upon request. Oh I am sorry to hear your complimentary chocolates had melted on you. I can maybe suggest to our housekeeping we change were we change the place we put the chocolates when we are lucky enough to get nice sunshine. Once again thank you very much for your time and great comment and I am happy to hear we are your first choice in staying next time. So we will see you soon.