Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
  • Breakfast included
US$107
US$102
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$182
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,624 results
All reviewsliver buildingthe club loungealbert dockleisure facilitiescity centresauna and steam roomriver viewcar parkisle of mantwo double bedslovely hotelpier headbreakfast was excellentfamily roomreception staffexecutive roomwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed here on a reward night so knew what to expect.
Some areas in need of an upgrade especially the spa and pool area but nothing to put you off. Had a good treatment though so can recommend.
Check in quick and efficient. Room clean with good bathroom that looked fairly recently refurbished. Bedroom furniture needs upgrading as the dark varnish looks dated and chipped but again not really bad enough to put us off going again.
Club lounge didn't have the range of soft drinks available as in some other hotels but ok and continental breakfast was good.
Public areas were nice and restaurant looked ok but we didn't eat there so can't comment further. The location of this hotel is excellent, and as it's right next door to the Liver building you can always find your way back! Very easy walking distance of the docks and shopping area.
We have stayed in very many hotels in this group for business and pleasure and this hotel has the friendliest and most helpful staff we have ever met. Maybe it's just Liverpool people but this is the place they should send staff to be trained!!
Already booked to return in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the dockside so nice outlook and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here with us using your IHG rewards points. Firstly please allow me to thank you for your continued loyalty to the brand and thank you for choosing our hotel to stay. Your feedback to is very important to us and we take this all onboard for any improvements in future developments. With regards to the staff attitude and friendliness, it is a credit to raed and I will certainly pass on this comment on to make sure they are aware of this. Thank you once again for your kind words. We really look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of weeks.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed over the bank holiday in a family room,for two nights.The room was very tired could really do with decorating,was pretty basic but was clean to be fair.We used the bar downstairs for a little drink before going to our room but that we found very cold.Great position though just a short walk to the city and on the docks but over priced for what it is.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to express your feelings on our hotel. However I am very disappointed to see this 3 star review and to read how you did not enjoyed the stay here with us at the hotel. I am so sorry you felt the bedrooms were tired, and also how the lounge bar was cold, we will take your comments on board and I will pass this comment to the bar manager. Your feedback is vital to us in order to improve our products and services for the future. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in time.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This hotel is very good, excellent location and with ample parking. Breakfast was very good. We were upgraded to a suite which was great with lovely views over the Liver Building and the Mersey. Staff were all lovely and very friendly. We would definitely stay again, as we love Liverpool. There is such a lot to see and do.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janeandcharles

Dear guest, thank you for providing such kind feedback of the hotel on trip advisor and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre for your recent visit to the city. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities we provide. Your comments and feedback are very important to us and I will gladly pass on this comment to the rest of our wonderful staff. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days and then a week later for another 4 days. This hotel is the best!! First of all having found out the day before my trip that my credit card was used without my knowledge my bank cancelled my card and promised to overnight it to the hotel. I called the hotel frantic and David Johnson the concierge answered'not a worry he said we will take great care of you and watch out for the delivery" I felt immediatly at ease. When I met Dave Johnson he felt like family and did take care of me and my son through out my stay-remembering my name everytime I walked past the desk and holding on to my package until I returned for the second part of our stay (so much for overnight!)The whole staff was warm and lovely. I am from Liverpool and usually stay with family. Never again! I found a new family at the Crowne Point :)

Room Tip: A view of the river or Liver buildings
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 21Karen

Dear former guest at the hotel, it is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the stay here with us. This is excellent customer service by our concierge David, who recently joined the team and is exceeding in his role perfectly and it is brilliant at going "the extra mile" for our guests making it a hotel guest’s love and home from home experience. Thank you very much for sharing the experience with other travellers making them aware of the wonderful staff we here at the Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool City Centre. We hope we will have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Three night stay. Excellent room. Very well equipped with fridge trouser press hair dryer ironing board and iron. Excellent air on but windows don't open. Vastly overpriced accommodation and car parking. Annoyingly, it's part of the same group (IHG) as The large Holiday Inn in Liverpool City centre which has the same facilities only charging £75 a night and £6 a day car parking. Parking at the Crown Plazza is £10 a day and rooms were equivalent of £139 a night. Don't bother eating in the dining room breakfast is excellent as is evening food but staff attention to even the most minor detail is hopelessly inadequate-the male manager on duty in the breakfast dining room was excellent but he kept having to direct the waiting staff who couldn't seem to figure out what to do. My guess is that they are university students who are
Totally disinterested and just want the
Money-plainly had no common sense or use of observational skills. Two unhygienic practices were observed and having no handle on the out door to the kitchen didn't stop staff prising it open when they were too lazy to walk to the in door. Only one girl was psychologically suited and had a passion for waitressing but she was only on once. We did get the services charge waived and a couple of complimentary drinks when we complained We won't be staying here again on the basis that I consider it a rip off compared with like for like facilities at other hotels in the area and wish I had the opportunity to explore these before booking-don't make my mistake you can get a better price for 4 star in Liverpool-I wouldn't mind but I booked very much in advance too-this hotel has been a big deal breaker for me. Reception and concierge excellent. Bar staff OK to good depending who's on.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear former resident, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool. I am glad to see you were happy with the equipment we have in all of our bedrooms. I am sorry you feel our car park is expensive, however we are a city centre hotel and we keep up to date with all the hotels in the city. Thank you very much for your feedback we will act upon this according and take this onboard with any retraining being carried out. We hope in time you would choose to stay in our hotel and give us the chance to rebuild your faith in the services we provide and the staff.