“Perfect location...and amazing room”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My partner and i stayed at the Crowne Plaza for valentines day in an executive club floor room and from the very first contact ( which was with the doorman) the weekend was perfect! The receptionist welcomed us with service you'd normally get in america, took us through all the benefits the room offered (free cocktails and breakfast) and invited us to eat in the hotel restaurant that night. As it was valentines day they had a special couples menu (with amusing names for all the dishes) and as we had already failed in finding a decent restaurant with space in liverpool we agreed and booked a table for later that evening.

The room itself was a more than generous size with desk and chair, large seat and foot rest, 32" TV with an average amount of channels and a huge, comfy king size bed. The room was spotless with a great AC unit, the bathroom a good size and again completely spotless with a good range of toiletries.

The restaurant itself was large, well decorated and the service again amazing. They treated all couples as if it was a 5* restaurant and made valentines evening even more special. Menu price was very reasonable, £50 per couple for 3 courses and food very nice, although my partner found the scallops strange tasting.

We cant comment on breakfast as we over slept but did use the facilites in the room for a quick morning cuppa and was very disappointed that no sugar was provided, ohwell it is bad for you afterall :0)

Parking cost £7.50 per 24hr, however was very secure and they would even let you leave your car in the carpark after checkout if you wanted to go and explore liverpool.

Deffinatley stay at a crowne plaza in the uk again

1  Thank mulders21
Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 1 March 2009

We stayed here when we were attending the Liverpool 2008 Captital of Culture Closing festivities. It is a great location - right on the pier head. Make sure you ask for a riverside room - the cityside rooms can sufer from road noise all night along The Srand. Our only real complaint was the state of the changing rooms at the leisure facilities - they were filthy and never cleaned during our stay. We decided to shower in the room afetr our swim and then found we had no hot water. The management were not helpful in sorting our water out and we ended up changing rooms at 10.30 at night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Wife and I had a really nice weekend at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool. Receptionist were extremely willing to serve every guest all so well. And same goes to wonderful breakfast and the service personnel there. During the arrival we somehow got a room where the previous guest had been smoking heavily and it is fair to say the room was a bit foggy. Immediately went back to the reception desk and told about our experience, the receptionist truly seemed to be very sorry for the inconvenience (as the whole hotel should be non-smoking and this shouldn have been possible to happen.. but come on, lets face it, some guests just do whatever they like and hotel cant do much about it) and in few seconds we got new and really comfortable room. It was very efficient how that situation was handled.

It was our first time in Liverpool, so have to a bit disqualify my comparisons to any other hotel in the city. But as far as I have quite many times visited in England and sorry, no offence meant, but in England you can sometimes be unlucky and find sometimes really crappy hotels. This Crowne Plaza is a sure bet for anyone traveling in Liverpool. Its modern and very clean, facilities are absolutely fantastic. You really get value for your money and get treated like special guest throughout the organization.

Reviewed 25 February 2009

The hotel had nice comfortable rooms and bathroom and was tastefully decorated as per 'Crowne Plaza' the parking for the weekend was included and the service between hotel and airport was included in the price. The walk from where the minibus dropped off and picked up was at least 400 Mt's from the terminal, thankfully it wasn't raining.

Reviewed 8 February 2009

This is the Best Hotel in Liverpool. I travel to Liverpool quite a lot for work and have stayed here before. I am normally booked in via work and have stayed in practically all the hotels in Liverpool. I wish they would book me into this one more often unfortunately it is not the cheapest. This last stay was part of a winter break touring around the North West. Why do I like it?, The friendliest staff they are all very helpful and polite plus they greet you with a genuine smile. The Hotel is of a very modern design and the rooms are all very comfortable well equipped and cleaned to a high standard. The location is very central right next to the Liver buildings by the Mersey within easy walking distance of Albert Dock and the shopping centre. It also has the best swimming pool. If staying for businesses or pleasure this would be my number one choice of the many hotels within Liverpool it is hard to think of any areas where they could improve apart from maintaining these high standards.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 January 2009

Stayed here twice in a week on business.

Couldn't fault the room or breakfast - both great.

When I went to drive away the first morning I had a problem with my car which meant I had to leave it, grab a taxi, call the AA etc.

Why am I telling you this ? Because I had to throw the keys and the problem to the concierge desk (Peter) to resolve - and he did everything and more to help, leaving messages, chatting to my wife over the phone because I was tied up in meeetings and so on.

I travel extensively and have had this type of problem before (e.g at the Old Course Hotel in St.Andrew's) and have found staff unsympathetic and unhelpful, particularly once you have checked out. So thanks to you Peter, I will stay again.

So why only four stars for me - simply because the evening meal was a disappointment - very bland and uninspiring, and I couldn't recommend it, nor would I eat there again at night unless the menu gets a bit more exciting.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank aluakea
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Management at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2009

Aluakea,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure when guests write to tell of situations where staff go the extra mile. Peter will be thanked and recognised formally by the hotel.

Your comments regarding the menu will be shared with our chef.

Thank you once again - Crowne Plaza Liverpool

Reviewed 15 January 2009

As a much travelled business user I make a point of comparing hotels with the same name. In this case Crowne Plaza. Many people will not know that most of the hotels use the name as a franchise. Intercontinential hotels have strict standards to meet to ensure that the product name is protected and levels of service and comfort are met.
However, when it comes to policies concerning upgrading and treatment of priority club members this is very open to the management of the individual hotel. I cannot go into all the detail here, but on my trip recently I noticed significant changes for the better for the loyal customer and I believe the casual customer.
The is much competition in Liverpool and new hotels such a Malmaison and SAS Raddision are nearby.
Although CP charges to park it is at least at the hotel which is an advantage over the competition.
Good improvement Crowne Plaza, if you could get your restaurant to be as lively as the Bar & Grill restaurant in Liverpool you would be on a real winner.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JockLondon_England
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2009

Dear Guest
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post this review of Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. Priority Club is a great way to recognise and reward our regular guests and I am delighted the changes we have made meet with your approval. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Stephen Roberts