“Freezing and isolated!”

Ranked #26 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
uk
“Freezing and isolated!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 10th and checked out on the 11th. There was no hot water in the hotel whatsoever, had I been informed at check in I would have gone elsewhere. Apparently according to other unhappy guests the boiler had been broken since the 9th and only on the 11th had an engineer been called.
In a workplace hot water must be available under health and safety regulations, how can somewhere offering accommodation get away with this? I did not find out there wasn't any hot water until far too late and thus spent the rest of the day fully wrapped even when indoors in my coat and hat defrosting from a freezing shower!
Bearing in mind this was a business trip it was not impressive that I then had to spend a day in meetings feeling the after effects of freezing cold water.
The response of the hotel staff to my and the other guests complaints was not satisfactory and when I asked for a form to document my complaint I was told it would 'just get noted with everyone else's'.
Please also note that phone reception and thus wifi from any mobile technology is not great within your rooms in this hotel and I was not able to make any calls or address any emails in my room I needed to sit in the very public, very draughts reception in order to do this.
My role is bringing me to Liverpool more often in 2014 but I will not be using the Holiday Inn in Lime Street again I am sorry to say.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UkScubagirl
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear 'UkScubagirl'
Thank you for your review following you stay with us this week.
Needless to say, I am extremely sorry to learn that you felt the way in which we responded to an unpredicted boiler failure at the hotel was unsatisfactory. May I reassure you that my team worked hard to support our guests during an unforeseen episode that has not previously occurred and was resolved as quickly as our contractors could achieve.
We took the decision, at the time, to protect our bedroom heating with the boilers that remained operational, which was achieved. I am also happy to report that usual services have been restored. We do, however, appreciate your understandable concerns.
May I take this opportunity to encourage you to contact me directly should I be able to assist you further.
Thank you, once again, for advising us of your stay.
Yours faithfully
Jonathan King

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very good Liverpool city centre hotel. Just a walk across the road from Lime Street Station.

There was a friendly and efficient welcome at check in and the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I ordered a club sandwich from room service and was warned it might take 20 minutes as it was all made to order. It arrived in the time and was delicious and fresh.

Great views from the room over the City to the cathedral and waterfront.

Checkout was very efficient and friendly too.

I think I was upgraded to a better room because of my Priority Club status (if not it was even more impressive)

A great example of a very good Holiday Inn

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Abergele
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a 2 night break away and to get some of our Xmas shopping done! Brilliant location from the main centre of Liverpool. Staff we're very friendly and breakfast was lovely will defiantly be come back! Really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
County Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Excellent hotel especially at this time of year. Very central . Opposite Lime Street (central station). Plenty of activity and things to do in Liverpool , loads of night time entertainment in the shopping area. During the day sights to be seen, museums bus tours etc and you can shop untill you drop.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear '754mary'
Thank you for great review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, we are really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in our great City.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us on many future occasions.
Best regards
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Had a last minute trip to make to Liverpool as had to attend a hospital appointment there & Holiday Inn was booked on my behalf for one night, the staff were so welcoming & helpful that we decided to stay there again for one more night before heading home.

Ideally located right in City Centre, Liverpool One Shopping Centre just round the corner & St Johns Car Park right next door where you can keep your car safe during your stay with discounted parking if you are staying at the Holiday Inn.

Room clean & tidy with the most amazing view of the City, no noise so had a great nights sleep. Bed comfortable.

I would have given 5 stars if the breakfast had pricing options. The breakfast is £7.50, which is fine if you are having full English & pile your plate high but way too overpriced for continental where the choice wasn't so great.

All in all though fab place, even better staff!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 'GwendolinePhillip'
Thank you for your good review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.
We are so pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your visit and decided to extend your stay with us.
With regards to your comments on breakfast and the Continental choices, we shall use your feedback constructively to benefit future guests to our hotel.
Thank you, once again, for taking the time and trouble to inform us of your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future.
Yours faithfully
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This Holiday Inn lives up to the brand. Simple room. spotlessly clean, friendly Liverpool welcome. The restaurant was quiet on a weekday evening, with just a few business solos (like me) eating, and a spectacular night view of a floodlit Lime Street station. The chef was offering a Mexican theme menu. Can't say whether it was authentic, not having been to Mexico, but it was certainly tasty - a fierly tomato soup full of tomato (seems obvious but so many places fail that basic requirement) and a large piece of grilled salmon with salsa.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear John
Thank you for taking the time to complete your favourable review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool, it is most appreciated.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our great City on many future occasions. May be next time it will be on leisure, so that you can explore Liverpool a bit more and discover some of the great attractions on offer.
Best regards
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Good service, heating was not working in the room, they tried to fix it but did not work, we were upgraded to a suite, that was nice move.
The restaurant had an Indian week, the food taste was good but not Indian at all. I asked about the chef if he is Indian, he was not.
In all, the stay was ok.

• Stayed November 2013
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear 'Imadhajibrahim'
Thank you for taking the time to place your review following your stay with us in November.
I am very pleased to understand that you were provided with a good level of service throughout your visit and that my team provided you with an upgrade in response to your concerns.
I shall spend time working with my Head Chef to ensure that our quality of food service matches the high standards of service we aim to achieve in all aspects of our service. Our speciality weeks aim to provide a good variety of food to our regular guests and your comments will help us improve.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool on many future occasions.
Kind regards