“Well kept hotel in prime location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre

Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Cardiiff
“Well kept hotel in prime location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in December for a football match at Anfield. Great location for train station, taxi ranks,shops bars & restaurants. Only a 10 minute walk to Albert dock. Room & hotel common areas were spotless & even though there was a Christmas party night going on at the hotel I had a peaceful nights sleep. Bar & lounge area is very relaxing with great panoramic views. One minor gripe was the cost of a pint of lager at £4.60, although with cheaper options practically next door its a problem easily overcome. Would highly recommend this hotel & will definately come back next time i am in Liverpool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear 'Denmar25Cardiff'
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, assumingly for the Liverpool v Cardiff match?
We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and, hopefully, we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool next season.
Best regards
Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Holiday Inn in Liverpool city centre is an excellent location beside Lime Street station. The bar and resaurant are very spacious and on the first floor and have great views out to the hustle and bustle of the city. The rooms are comfortable and staff extremely attentive. All in all a recommended hotel to stay at.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Peter
Thank you for your good review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool City Centre.
May we sincerely thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre on many future occasions.
Best regards.
Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Second time I have stayed here in the last five years and found it to be still an excellent located hotel in the city centre. The rooms and bathroom are on the small side, but clean and comfortable. Stayed two nights and requested a room on the higher floors and away from the elevators, the hotel met my request, the room was on the fifth floor and furthest away from the elevator, we never heard a sound during the night and slept well. The staff we encountered was all friendly, helpful and always greeted us with a smile. No complaints and an enjoyable two nights stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from elevator. These rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear 'Jerseymick'
Thank you for your encouraging review provided following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre; it was great to welcome you back.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future (don't leave it so long this time!!).
Best wishes for the festive season.
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have stayed there 3 nights during my business trip to Liverpool.
The hotel's location is superb. It's just across Lime street railway and underground station. Liverpool One shopping and dining area is just within a short walk from here. I never took a cab while staying there. My room was small and basic but spotless and arranged well, sound isolation was great, receptionists were friendly and always willing to help, breakfast buffet offered nice selection, they have a little gym. What else can you dream about when you are on business?
My only comment is about an internet. They charge 8 pounds for 24-hrs access to the web. Actually free internet is quite hard to get in Liverpool, but in my opinion 8 pounds is still too much.
I will definitely consider staying there on my next business trip to Liverpool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear 'Al-Grin'
Thank you for taking the time to provide your good feedback following your recent stay with us in Liverpool.
Needless to say, we are very pleased to learn that you found a level of cleanliness and service that complimented our fantastic location.
With regards to Wi-Fi access, may I encourage you to join IHG Rewards on your next stay to receive internet access with our compliments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Liverpool in the near future, whether on business or pleasure.
Best regards
sunderland tyne and wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed in November at the Holiday Inn in Liverpool as we were going to see a great show Mrs Browns Boys at Liverpool arena. The Hotel could not be a better choice its in a great location and the rooms and the service is first class. The rooms are kept very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The hotel is just opposite the railway station so its ideal if you are travelling by train. We went down to Liverpool by coach but we said that next time we will travel by car and book ourselves at the holiday inn Liverpool Its only about 15 mins walk down to the docks. There is plenty of bars, shops, restaurants near to the holiday inn so if you are requiring a good hotel this is the one to visit,..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear June
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, it is most appreciated.
We are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in Liverpool. We trust that Mrs Browns Boys lived up to expectations!
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool on many future occasions.
Wishing you all the very best for the festive season.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I unreservedly recommend this hotel to all who are visiting Liverpool.
My room,including the bathroom and toilet, was spotlessly clean and well appointed.
A very comfortable bed and excellent sound proofing facilitated a restful and peaceful night's sleep,leaving me totally refreshed in the morning.
My evening meal in the hotel's restaurant was delightful: the food being both delicious and well presented. My dining experience was further enhanced by the excellent service afforded to both myself and my friends by the restaurant's staff who were,without exception,courteous,pleasant and attentive.
This excellent service was continued next morning at breakfast. This was a buffet type meal where you could choose from an enormous selection of hot,tasty food: a real 'full English'!
This was my first stay at this hotel and needless to say I will be back!

Room Tip: This hotel has some ten floors. My third floor room was located at the side of the building and affo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear J0hn268'
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your great review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.
We are very pleased to received your positive comments regarding the standards of service you encountered throughout your stay. In particular, Sarah from our chef team has seen her artist skills published!!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Liverpool in 2014.
Best regards for the festive season.
uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 10th and checked out on the 11th. There was no hot water in the hotel whatsoever, had I been informed at check in I would have gone elsewhere. Apparently according to other unhappy guests the boiler had been broken since the 9th and only on the 11th had an engineer been called.
In a workplace hot water must be available under health and safety regulations, how can somewhere offering accommodation get away with this? I did not find out there wasn't any hot water until far too late and thus spent the rest of the day fully wrapped even when indoors in my coat and hat defrosting from a freezing shower!
Bearing in mind this was a business trip it was not impressive that I then had to spend a day in meetings feeling the after effects of freezing cold water.
The response of the hotel staff to my and the other guests complaints was not satisfactory and when I asked for a form to document my complaint I was told it would 'just get noted with everyone else's'.
Please also note that phone reception and thus wifi from any mobile technology is not great within your rooms in this hotel and I was not able to make any calls or address any emails in my room I needed to sit in the very public, very draughts reception in order to do this.
My role is bringing me to Liverpool more often in 2014 but I will not be using the Holiday Inn in Lime Street again I am sorry to say.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UkScubagirl
Dear 'UkScubagirl'
Thank you for your review following you stay with us this week.
Needless to say, I am extremely sorry to learn that you felt the way in which we responded to an unpredicted boiler failure at the hotel was unsatisfactory. May I reassure you that my team worked hard to support our guests during an unforeseen episode that has not previously occurred and was resolved as quickly as our contractors could achieve.
We took the decision, at the time, to protect our bedroom heating with the boilers that remained operational, which was achieved. I am also happy to report that usual services have been restored. We do, however, appreciate your understandable concerns.
May I take this opportunity to encourage you to contact me directly should I be able to assist you further.
Thank you, once again, for advising us of your stay.
Yours faithfully