“Reasonable”

Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel, whilst doing the Liverpool Half Marathon, unfortunately room booked as a double not twin..... so asked if could be changed - no other rooms available, but they did provide extra bedding so I made up a bed on the floor. Rooms were ok, and location good for Liverpool centre.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear TCCAApleby,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay.

It appears that you booked one of our standard room types. This particular room type
does state that the bed type will be allocated on arrival and that we will do our upmost best to
allocate your preferred choice however that we can't guarantee this due to availability.

I do hope that you would consider using the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre for any future stays.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel and joined a big queue to check in with one person on reception not what you want. We were at the check in at 1450 ( official check in time 1500) only to be told our room was not ready, we eventually got a room at 1540......very stressed at that point as we were due at MY retirement party. Then had to wait ages as the lift had broke. Next morning when we checked out there was no apology or acknowledgement even tho it was the same guy.
We use Holiday Inns a lot around the country its a good job we know what we can expect normally.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear JefJ,

Thank you for placing your review following your recent stay with us.

Naturally, I am most concerned to learn that we fell short of your reasonable expectations on the levels of service you expected to receive. I have spent time discussing your concerns with my Management team who wish to be associated with my apologies to you.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future. If, in the meantime, I may be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate in contacting me directly

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on 21 May as part of a National Holiday trip to Coronation Street. A marked improvement on the usual National hotels.

Large room with a good sized bathroom. Excellent evening meal and breakfast the following morning.

Would certainly consider staying again if in the Liverpool area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holgate86
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Holgate86,

Thank you for your very kind review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool.
The team and myself always appreciate positive feedback and your comments will be shared
with the team at the hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located in Liverpool downtown area. Stayed one week for business purpose. The room was immaculately clean and spacious. The breakfast had a good amount of options. The aircon in my room was not working I was melting in my room. Upon complaint they provided me a table fan and assured the issue will be sorted first thing in the morning but it was not the case. They offered me another room on the same floor and it seem none of the AC's were working. I was quiet let down by the Aircon which I didnt expected from Holiday Inn.
In the opposite side of the street there is Karoke bar hence it gets quiet noisy the night in room.
Good location but poor aircon let me down rest everything is quite standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Racy846,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the issues with the air conditioning and your comments have been shared with the team to avoid this happening again
in the future.

I do hope that your experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

There were positives and negatives here. Pros: Fantastic huge rooms, good service, held our bags for us and great location. Cons: No WiFi, little unorganized and the bottom few floors didn't have a working elevator but there were no signs to let anyone know or anyone to help with bags. I probably would stay here again just for the convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hotelstaff 1234,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the issues with our lifts. I have shared your comments with the Front Office team to ensure we are better organised should this happen again in future.

We do hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

If I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

To start with the positives - we arrived earlier than check in which meant that we couldn't get into a room, this was no problem as we wanted to go and get our bearings, the check in staff were excellent and took our baggage to a holding room to keep safe. On returning after watching the excellent Lion King we were quickly and efficiently checked in and given our room keys. The room was immaculately clean and spacious. We didnt eat an evening meal at the hotel but the bar looked smart and the food looked good, we did however have breakfast the next morning, which was excellent, lots of choice and excellent service. On leaving we were again allowed to use the holding room which allowed us to explore some more of Liverpool.
Now the bad points - we were on the fourth floor and both of the lifts were not working, which was a pain carrying the bags up to the fourth floor. The room although clean and spacious was like a sauna, which was made worse by the fact that the air conditioning was not working, on checking out there was a long list of complaints about the air conditioning. Over all the location was excellent just a short walk from the train station, the theatre and liverpool one and matthews street, just the little things like the lift and air con let the hotel down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pacamac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the staff at the hotel looked after your bags at both check in and check out.

I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the issues we experienced with our lifts however we did have an engineer on site who rectified the situation that same evening. I was disappointed to read that the reception team did not offer any assistance with your luggage and will share your comments with the team.

Your comments with regards the air conditioning has been shared with the maintenance team as this was an isolated incident and impacted only a certain amount of room. With the summer fast approaching we are checking all rooms to ensure these issues not re-occurring.

We hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from visiting our great City again, in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

No complaints about this hotel, well designed, nice rooms, very clean. Front desk always available for questions. I stayed here two nights during a tour of the UK. I won't pay the going rates for Holiday Inn's in the states as I feel they are overpriced so this was a nice treat. Location and cleanliness is more important to me then decor. This Holiday Inn was perfect. For those traveling without a car the location could not be better. Not only lots of shopping nearby (many stores close 8pm) but also 10 min walk to the Cathedral's and the University area. 15 min. walk to the Cavern area and the Albert Docks. Plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby. I often travel alone and being in an area that is walkable and safe is important to me. My room had a good view, but there was some sort of continuous noise from compressors or a large motor, even with the window shut it would drown out any noise from the hotel, but it was bothersome, ask for a room away from the car park side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the car park as the noise from compressors on the roof was bothersome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear 'mrmisrule'
Thank you for placing your very kind review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool City Centre.
Naturally, we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and that we added to the overall enjoyment from your visit to our great city.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you, once again, in the future.
Yours faithfully.