“Holiday Inn Liverpool”

Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed in the Holiday Inn opposite Lime Street Station for a weekend to attend a friends wedding reception. I looked at a few hotels but for our budget we chose this one. On arriving in Liverpool we could see the hotel but not sure on how to gain access to the car park as the hotel front is on a main road. Just before the traffic lights you need to indicate right and you will see the entrance to the car park almost double back on yourself to go into it (bit confusing).
Upon checking in we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who gave us the option of 3 different floors. We opted for the 9th, which gave us a great view across Liverpool. The room was very clean as was the whole hotel. We had read on recent reviews that breakfast was a bit of a nightmare so we were expecting the worse, but we were pleasantly surprised as we walked into a friendly, organised restaurant where the staff were very attentive. Breakfast was very good and as much or as little as you wanted. We did use the bar facilities as well one evening. Prices are what you would expect in a hotel so again no nasty surprises.
I wanted to write this review as I feel that this hotel can sometimes be given a bad press. Excellent location, very clean with very friendly staff, what more do you need in a hotel. We will definitely be back and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Opt for a higher floor as the views are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debbieb925
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear 'deddieb925'
Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.
Needless to say, we are very pleased to learn that enjoyed your time in our great City, attending your friend's wedding reception.
As you rightly say, it is sometimes easy to criticise, so it is lovely to receive your review that reflects the standards of service to strive to achieve.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool in the very near future.
Jonathan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although in a busy part of the City and above a Shopping Centre this Hotel is great, a part of the City but you can be apart as you people watch at Lime St Station. The room was spacious and clean. The Reception staff excellent and helpful and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve G

Dear Steve
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your positive review following your Birthday Weekend in Liverpool City Centre.
We appreciate your compliments of our location, breakfast, cleanliness and, importantly, customer service.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great location for the station/centre/Empire Theatre.
We received a warm welcome on check in and were able to check into our 3 rooms early.
Nice spacious clean room. Great views over the city centre.
Extremely comfy bed and pillows!
Modern rooms but the bar/restaurant could do with a bit of a spruce up.
Standard buffet style breakfast. Cooked items were a tad bit greasy (eggs still sitting in the grease when they were served under the hot light)
Bathroom was spacious with a shower over the bath. Sink leaked.
Price wise you are paying for the city centre location. We wouldn't usually entertain the idea at £120

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear 'LKPAA25'
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review following your stay with us in Liverpool.
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, complimenting our location, warm welcome and provision of early check-in to help you make the most of your visit.
Naturally, we shall use your constructive feedback on breakfast quality to make appropriate improvement for future guest.
Thank you, once again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently spent 3 weeks at the Holiday Inn opposite Lime St Station in Liverpool while I was attending a course at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. I was booked in by my Company and I had no say in the selection of the hotel. When I looked it up online I was unimpressed by the exterior, the nearby shopping centre and the Chinese Buffet. How wrong I was, the interior was clean, fresh and clearly well looked after. The Bar and restaurant were fresh, spacious and had a good selection of Bar food which was well prepared and very reasonable in price. The room was one of the best city centre hotel rooms I have stayed in this year; I have stayed in probably 8 or 9 hotels in the UK so far this year.
The jewels in the crown however are the staff, I value good service but this was good service without being intrusive or OTT. The staff were universally friendly, smiling and engaging, always ready with advice and if they couldn't answer a question they found someone who could. They also helped with urgent printing that I needed done out of hours for my course. The breakfast room was busy but no-one looked harassed and the range and quality of food was good, there always seemed to be enough staff for the job. Bill, Matt and Monika(?) re-set tables an dispensed coffee with a cheery efficiency whilst giving each customer the correct level of individual attention. Ajay and the reception staff (Clare, Carina, Rob and all of the others) were superb despite at times being presented with some challenging guests. The bar was very good and Natalie was extremely helpful with her local knowledge. The gym is small but well equipped although the TV could be upgraded.
Overall my initial concerns were unfounded, three weeks allowed me to observe the staff over a prolonged period and I was deeply impressed by their genuine friendliness. They made a rather pressured course much easier to cope with by their very helpful and caring approach, Jonathan King should be proud of them.

3  Thank DAVID M

Dear David
Thank you for taking the time to provide your very positive review following your 3 week stay with us. I and my team appreciate your kind comments and feedback and, yes, I am very proud of the high levels of genuine customer service we aim to provide to all of our guests.
I have ensured that your comments have been forwarded to all those involved.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on many future occasions.
Yours faithfully

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A great hotel for those travelling by train as it is right at lime St Station. It is also across the road from the main cultural area of the city and just a short walk to major shopping precincts and sights such as the Cavern Club

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jude550
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear 'Jude550'
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind review following your recent stay with us earlier in the month.
We hope and trust that you enjoyed your time in Liverpool and we look forward to welcome you on your future travels.
Best regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here while I was attending a conference in Liverpool, And I must say it was a fantastic Hotel. Firstly impressions where very positive. The Receptionist was so helpful and pleasant, and I am sorry I can not remember her name, but she had short hair. My room was immaculate, so clean and spacious, and roomy.
Breakfast was great. All in all I was very impressed with this Hotel. The only criticism would be the Wi-Fi wasn't good but this was not a problem as I was able to pick up my E-mail at conference. Would defiantly stay here again whether it was for business or a weekend away.

1  Thank denandearl
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear 'denandearl'
Thank you for your great review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool City Centre.
We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future, so that you may have the opportunity to experience the great attractions our fantastic City has to offer.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Being right opposite Lime Street, the Holiday Inn has a great location if you're traveling by train
Staff at check in were really friendly which always creates a good impression.
Room was fine - clean and with no noise despite its central location.
Breakfast was a help yourself buffet with a good selection and a great view out onto the city streets a couple of floors below. Can't fault this place and will definitely use again.

1  Thank M T

Dear 'M T'
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us in Liverpool; it is most appreciated.
We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you on many future occasions.
Yours faithfully