“Great value, delicious food, friendly service”
Review of Pietra - CLOSED

Pietra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

What more can you ask for? We have started coming here quite regularly and have never had a bad meal. The wine selection is varied and of good quality, as is the food. Unlike a previous reviewer, I had very mixed experiences at Antonelli's and stopped going there after a particuarly poor meal. Pietra's is a welcome change and we're looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Ann-allegra

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Visited this restaurant a few weeks ago for my girlfriends birthday with a few friends. I had pizza, and my girlfriend had the spicy calzone, really enjoyed it andwas different a good decision! Will be back again soon, if anyone has the chance to try it then you should.

3  Thank lloyd001
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Today my friend and I went to this restaurant for dinner, we were the only people in the restaurant and our starter's were served cold when they should of been hot. Considering we were the only people in the restaurant we expected the food to be prepared properly since the chef had no pressure. The main meal of a pasta dish was hot but quite bland and boring. To be fair the king prawns were huge and there was a lot of them in the main dish, and there was also a lot of meat in the other plaster dish ordered.

There is only one choice of white wine and one red to be served by the glass and this is the house option. We ordered one of each and both tasted like vinegar.

The two waiters that were serving were very nice and polite I couldn't fault them, but I wouldn't go back to this restaurant neither would I recommend it.

The food just was not good enough for the prices that are charged here.

1  Thank Rachael M
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This restaurant was previously named 'Antonelli' and we ate there so regularly that we were given a 'Loyalty Card' which enabled us to claim 10% discount on all future meals. Since the name change we've been back quite a few times and each visit has proved to be a greater disappointment than the previous time! From the 'A la Carte' menu I chose the mussels which when they arrived appeared to have been under a 'heater' far too long as they were dried up and resting in a spoonful of some disgusting brown liquid similar to soya sauce in appearance but certainly not like the white creamy sauce I'd asked for. The waiter was very apologetic and offered to change them, but I rejected his offer as then you're eating out of sync with your fellow diners. The main course' Pizza Marinera' had the seafood only in the centre but none within three inches of the outside edge. We chose one of the two listed 'Rose' wines from the Wine List but were told that they were sold out! We then chose the only other 'Rose' wine but it was far too dry for our taste and the waiter offered us a free glass of another 'Rose' that he'd miraculously located from somewhere - but we didn't like that either. Then halfway through this very forgettable meal our friendly and sympathetic waiter turned up with the very bottle of wine that we'd ordered in the first place. In this area there's a plethora of good restaurants so it's no wonder that the restaurant was empty by the time we left around 7.30pm. The service was great - the food was awful!

1  Thank stoptree789
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Me and my family visit Pietra regularly, the atmosphere is very relaxed Roxana and the rest off the staff are so friendly and nothing is to much trouble. The food and service are excellent and very reasonable prices too, the fillet steak is mouthwateringly delicious and highly recommended. Pietra is a credit to its management, it will remain my chosen restaurant in liverpool.

2  Thank Mehdi M