“Love this hotel”

Ranked #74 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
hull
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Third time I have stayed at this hotel on weekend breaks away, went with some girlfriends the last time and had a chrismas meal with a Queen tribute band for entertainment, we had a wonderful time and the food was great, the staff do a brilliant job in serving hundreds of people and still keeping a smile on their faces. The hotel is central to everything you need and the reception staff are only to happy to oblige , always found all the staff to be warm and pleasant morning noon and night , the only bug bear I have found are the annoying lifts which could do to be bigger or have a more efficient system for such a large hotel but even the lifts won't stop me going back to this welcoming lovely hotel always makes me feel at home .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,544)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Visited the Adelphi last weekend. The hotel is in a fab location only a couple of minutes walk away from the train station, shops and bars. Could not fault the cleanliness in the room. Large sized room, comfy beds, tea making facility and lovely clean fluffy white towels. We ate at Jennys resturaunt twice in our stay. The evening meal was very nice! Plenty of choice with deserts to die for haha! Good choice at breakfast there was everything you could ask for with a cooked breakfast and a selection of continental.
All staff that we came across were all lovely and very helpful!
Only fault about the hotel was that our room was situated right next to the lift which was a bit noisey. So, it did disturb us throughout the night.
Would definatly return to the Adelphi again next year but will be asking for a room thats not next to the lifts.
Looking forward to returning next year thanks to all the lovely staff at the Adelphi! :)

Room Tip: Choose a room which is not next to the lifts as you wont get much sleep!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jess xx e
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2012

It is very nice and clean hotel , friendly staff (nothing too much trouble) and excellent location in city centre (close to shops, restaurants, bars and just two minutes walk from Lime Street Station). It s great if you get a cheap deal but wouldn't pay over £100 pounds for it. Check in & check out was really smooth and easy. I will definitely stay again there soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jan1111138
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2012

THIS IS THE GREATEST HOTEL EVER !!! The Adelphi hotel is amazing it has clean rooms, good food and friendly staff. Every room was fresh and clean and is definetly cleaned regularly,and the beds were comfy and clean. Every room had a TV for when you get bored, and there is plenty of storage space for clothes and other things.The eating area was nice and clean, and the staff were nice and polite.The food was excellent and ther was plenty of it.This was the best holiday ive ever been on, andi woid certainly go there again. FIVE STARS !!!!

Room Tip: Keep your card to get into your room safe.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 312bob
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

The Adelphi is an impressive hotel, huge lobby's and restraunt, marble walled hallways, rooms are very big. But it's quiet tired feeling, it seems like it was an amazing hotel 50 years ago.
We had a good stay here, the one thing that bothered me a lot was the security was terrible. Each night I came in they didn't ask to see room keys or name. And my room key (swipe card) kept on going blank, so I would ask the receptionist (different one each time) to regenerate it, I would just give my room no. and wouldn't even ask my name or anything. I could of gone and asked for any room no. key numerous times.

• Stayed November 2012
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We have stayed at the Adelphi many times in the past, and yes I know this once grand old lady is now well past her best. However we were always made welcome and the staff made up for what the building lacked... Things had certainly changed on our latest visit!!! We had gone for a one night Christmas party which was held upstairs in the banqueting room. There is no lift to this floor and being in a wheelchair I had to use the service lift, which was fine... except it was filthy dirty. The kitchen were using it to deliver food to the party and remove plates etc, As there were 500 of us this took some doing, but to stop anyone else using the lift they had wedged the doors open which meant I was left sitting there for ages until a member of staff could be found to run down the stairs and free it.... After breakfast, we went to check out and because we had booked into another hotel on the waterfront for a couple of nights we left our cases in the luggage room, but a bag full of Christmas presents we placed in reception for safe keeping. Later in the day we went to pick them up to go meet friends but they couldnt be found. Several of the staff remembered seeing them but they didnt know where they had gone... the attidude seemed to be tough luck!!!
That night we were at our hotel and we rang the Adelphi to be told the bag had been found, When I asked if it could be brought to me I was told they didnt have the time or the manpower to chase half way across the city. We got a taxi the next day to pick it it up... it cost me £5 each way. One of the staff told us it was the night manager I spoke to who was " trying to save the hotel a few quid" Well good for him, he has lost our future custom and I will never reccommend the hotel again. I hope the owners are grateful for the £5 you saved them!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Exiledscouse

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I was a bit dubious at first because of some of the bad reviews that this place got. The hotel & furnishings do look a little old & tired but they fit in perfectly with the style & period of the hotel. The room we stayed in was fantastic & spacious. There were lots of mirrors in the room to use while getting ready to go out.
The hotel location is ideal, just outside Lime Street Station & only 10 mins walk from the docks area. There are a couple of bars at the hotel to choose from. One was very quiet & peaceful & the other bar was more lively.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple