“Dmentated and in need of refurbish”

Adelphi Hotel & Spa
Ranked #74 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dmentated and in need of refurbish”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I can imagine that this was once a very grand hotel but it will have been some time ago. Old creaky doors, tattered and stained carpets and when i stayed there was a problem with the water. The room was clean enough but tired. The bathroom was simply horrible. However it was cheap and I slept well. I did ask at reception on booking in for a taxi to be ordered to the airport the following morning. However none arrived. Cant say whether it was the Hotels fault or that of the taxi firm. Nice enough bar area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cantonasbigbrother
adelphimanager1, Guest Relations Manager at Adelphi Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. Bit of a mixed review really, your room was clean but tired and you slept well but didnt care for the bathroom. There is a taxi stand immediately outside the hotel, so I dont think the taxi not showing up would have been a problem for you and you liked the bar area. More likes than dislikes so thats good.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,544)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked the hotel through agoda.com we arrived about 13:15 and we were given room 414 and we walked in and it there was a smell of damp and then I walked round this room dust every where my wife rubbed the bed side cabinets down with baby wipes there was evidence of human poo we then booked out immediately before we talked to the manager and he refunded our money but that won't be refunded till next week z

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kingofella

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I had a lovely time recently in Liverpool and I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely it was. We loved what they have done at the Albert Docks and the atmosphere of the place was great. The hotel was a bit jaded but the staff were very kind and friendly, the food was good and the beds very clean. We will certainly be going back and if it is to the same hotel we will not be disappointed. I would recommend taking a guided trip as the guides know what they are talking about and we learned so much in one morning trip. Roll on our next visit when we will be going to the wonderful museum and will be visiting some of the churches ("Paddies Wigwam" for instance).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marycoupar2003
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a group of 16 on an organised coach trip for a friend's Hen Weekend. We were all located on 4th floor, all rooms varied in layout/size but my room was superb. Yes the decor was old but honestly comfortable & spacious. Twin beds, 2 chairs & coffee table, 2dressing tables, a bench seat, amazing views, 2 wardrobes & side units and then a separate bathroom. The water was boiling hot and plentiful, the bath was a bit grubby for bathing but shower was fine.
Free Wifi. The hotel is old but the public rooms are very grand, in its hayday i'm sure this hotel would have been spectacular!! You can just feel the stories oozing from the decor :)

We had 99p wrist bands so made use of the wavebar from 6-9pm

Food: breakfast & evening meal were buffet/self service. A fair choice but very much catered for an "older persons taste" sort of stew/meat/veg but still good food.

The location for central Liverpool is just amazing its literally about 200m from the main Lime St station and took us abt 10mins walk to get to Matthew St/The Albert Docks entrance. Abt 3-5mins and your in the centre with all the shops

Would certainly go back

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend and we checked in at 2pm. The window was open in the room and the room was a little chilly. Tried to turn the radiator on and had to phone reception only to be told the hotel turns the heating off on a specific date and that's it for the whole hotel! We also noticed a smell of smoke by door and mentioned this, only to be told we were on a smoking floor and why didn't we specify no smoking? I was pretty sure last time I checked that smoking is banned indoors? Turns out floors 2, 3 and 4 are smoking floors at the Adelphi.
Would I stay again - NO way, now I know why the window was open! We were given a different room after we complained my partner has asthma however we weren't impressed. If you're going to stay in Liverpool there are far better places to go. The Travelodge for example!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy-Jane M
North Wales
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I have always wanted to stay at The Adelphi in Liverpool as it is such an iconic building and when we got tickets to see The Lion King my husband suggested that instead of travelling home to North Wales we stayover.I had read all the reviews about the hotel and was, to put it mildly, a little worried but as we decided it was only one night and more importantly I would be able to tick a box on my - to - do list. We checked in on arrival and were very impressed to find we had been upgraded to a suite-so far so good! Our room on the third floor was enormous-could have been abit cleaner - but the bedding and bathroom were perfectly ok.The secondary double glazing didnt fit very well and as it was a blustery night the wind was whistling around abit like a jet plane.In the evening we ate in Jennys which was cheap and cheerful but perfectly adequate and the staff were friendly and very helpful.We slept well and next morning went down to breakfast and that is where The Adelphi fell sadly down in my estimation.I can best describe it as a bun fight-long lines of people queing to get in-buffet running out of food and generally very chaotic.The staff were doing their best but just the number of people trying to get something to eat was mind blowing. I commented to my husband about how busy it was and his reply was 'they have certainly cornered a niche in the market but I don't think its a niche we want part of.' I am glad we stayed at The Adelphi because it was somewhere I wanted to stay but I am glad it was only for one night and the juries still out on whether I would return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Welshflower
BRADFORD ENGLAND
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed for one night on coach trip for concert in hotel.Check in staff were helpful but had to queue for key to room,then had to queue for lift to fourth floor.Room was clean but with very dated furniture but with small flat screen tv. The bed felt ok at first but after about twenty minutes started to feel lumpy.There was no bedside tables or cabinets to put anything on at side of bed so had to get out of bed and cross room to dressing table to get a drink during the night.The evening meal was a fixed three course dinner with no choices which was ok for me but my friend was disappointed as she doesn't eat potatoes and there was no salad option.The breakfast was served in lower floor restaurant which was very cramped.The food was ok but there was no tea,only coffee in flasks on the tables.A young lady came round with a teapot of tea and you could have one cup each then she disappeared wit the teapot not to be seen again.Had to go back up to my room to have a second cup of tea using facilities in room. Overall not bad for what I paid for trip nad would stay here again on another coach trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends