6,768 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel and as with other reviews you do get what you pay for. Ok the hotel is very dated and in much need of TLC but the cost to put this establishment right would be beyond most.
Could I make one suggestion ,that the cooked breakfast be plated and served to your table and the cold buffet left on a serve yourself basis. This would stop greedy and inconsiderate customers leaving nothing for others and would give every customer a warm well presented breakfast ,this would also cut down on the waste.You can actually see the frustration on the faces of the staff when trying to replace on the hot servery.My only other real concern is the bar off the main hall where the sixties night took place,lack of stock,lack of selection ,lack of trays and lack of concern. Please put these points right and you may find that people will put up with the hotel not being at it's best , people skills are so important and this is where the Adelphi lets itself down. You can see the Adelphi at one time has been a grand hotel,in the current situation what would her forefathers think.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank agnesjohn
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the adelphi hotel for two nights. Upon arrival the reception area is beautiful, we waited ages on the lift as only one was actually working. This was a major problem for everyone we spoke to. The rooms are tiny, but ours was very clean. Although they are badly needing decorated. The beds are terrible, springs digging into you. Dinner on the Friday night was so bad we went elsewhere on the Saturday. The hotels location is fab, mcdonalds across the street and right next to all the shops. The hotel staff were wonderful. Very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend finding another hotel. Sorry Adelphi but I just wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

the only good thing about this hotel is its central location. You can see it must have been a grand hotel in its day with lots of famous people staying, but im afraid its long past it.
I appreciate it would take a lot of money to update it as its a very large building but thats no excuse not to keep it clean.
The rooms were spacious but dirty, peeling paint and wallpaper hanging of the walls. Our window wouldnt shut ( in some rooms they wouldnt open). The pubs near by played loud music till 2am so not much sleep. We had a twin room, the beds were old, hard and one of them was broken.
The food was fine, good choice of self service and hot. It was a bit like school canteens though with rows of tables crammed together. We booked through National Holidays and were allocated meal times, ours was 6pm but some guests had their evening meal at 5pm!
Its seems the hotel caters mainly for coach parties, cheap but not so cheerful!
The lifts kept getting stuck and sometimes took ages to get to the 6th floor.
We had a very disappointing 2 night stay. We spoke to other guests who all felt the same.
Would not go again at any price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 893SUE
Reviewed 14 July 2014

As an ex scouser, (now in Ohio..)Returning to see a few local friends, we decided to stay at The Adelphi..I think its a rite of passage, for anyone local.

I knew it was a little dated, a bit tatty, and maybe needed a few air freshners, but no amount of faded ballrooms, grand decor, and cheesy bars, can save this old lady. it needs something major, and the design of such, makes it very difficult. I think it has grade II listing, which doesn't help.

We stayed in room 554. Look for a stain on the wall by the door, nothing from us, we was just as intrigued. Uncomfortable beds, itchy blankets, poor amenities, and a small bathroom, I love the 1930's..I hoped we didn't need a reminder.

It is great value, staff are pleasant, and free wifi. But..that is standard. There are too many places in Liverpool that have raised the bar, for this price bracket.

Sorry Adelphi..you can do better than that.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, hen parties seem to flock here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

me and my fiancé along with a lot of our friends travelled from Yorkshire to a wedding here at the hotel. we stayed for 2 nights and had a beautiful large room (I think it was more like a suite) with a massive bed, a Jacuzzi bath, table and chairs, a separate area with a sofa and tv and a lovely dressing table. the décor is old fashioned however the hotel is 100 years old and steeped in history so if modern boutique is what your looking for it will not be found here. my only qualm was no air con however due to the age of building understandable but with us staying there on the hottest day of the year it would have made a huge difference. the staff were friendly and the food both during the wedding and the breakfast was amazing. have already booked to come back next year for another special occasion of my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends