6,764 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was given a room on one of the smoking floors which absolutely stank. Room absolutely reeked of smoke. I left with me and my clothes smelling like an ashtray. When I raised this at reception the next morning the receptionist and manager could not have been less interested. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is the worst by a country mile.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JBtruman
Reviewed 18 July 2014

There have been some bad reviews of this hotel,but I was pleasantly surprised.I stayed for 5 days on 23/5/14 what a beautiful hotel with a great deal of history,my bedroom was spacious ,lovely comfortable bed ,period furniture.nice bathroom with loads of hot water.the food was good and plenty of it,buffet style .The staff were welcoming,and helpful in every way.Liverpool is a wonderful city,So many museums,galleries,and of course the Mersey,the docks,which have been restored wonderfully,the Iconic buildings,it was a joy to wonder round.I would thoroughly recommend a holiday here,and a stay at The Adelphi

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank audrey h
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We pre booked 3 rooms pre paid for all rooms. On check in I was advised one room had not been paid, so I had to pay again. Shortly after I received a telephone call to say that the hotel had been mistaken a refund had been raised to collect the receipt from reception. Could not the queue was so long. Next morning they could not find the receipt took 15 minutes.
The reception area is not clean the glass is dirty the upholstery is stained, also stained in the American Bar. The secondary double glazing is gammed open you cannot open the windows. It was so hot. We had a double which was a single with a double bed with only 1bed side cabinet. The wallpaper was peeling off all around the room. The other rooms was a single with 2 twin beds and twice the size again very tired as were all 3 rooms. Hair dryers were not present in 2 rooms. There is also a £4.00 charge to use the swimming pool, they say that all hotels charge, I've never come across this. When I complained to Britannia their reply was to justify by saying its a big hotel, no apology. There should be a minus overall rating and that would not be low enough!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stefania M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Britannia Adelphi hotel in Liverpool has seen better days. This once splendid hotel has unfortunately fallen into a poor state. On arrival, the 15 minute queue to check in and the fact that only one of the lifts was working resulted in an un-necessary delay before we found our room. The room itself was a good size, with nice clean bed linen and towels, although it was simply furnished. What let it down was the terribly dated bathroom with a linoleum floor and a shower straight out of a school gym changing room! Also, the bedroom window was cracked, and there appeared to be globules of food on the curtains. The high uncontrollable temperature of the room, along with noisy guests in the corridor meant that we did not sleep well. Breakfast the next morning was extremely basic, and the breakfast room was overcrowded and with poor service from the staff. This is all such a shame, as this hotel has so much potential. It has a prime city centre location, only a 2 minute walk from Lime Street train station. The infrastructure of the building is beautiful, with an opulent ball room. However, this hotel is in desperate need of complete refurbishment and facelift, followed by massive recruitment of additional staff - only then will it be able to recapture it's former glory.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen_Tony2009
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We attended the hotel for a one night stay. The windows upon arrival were very dirty, a very poor first impression. The whole of the hotel was tired. Stains on the seats in the American Bar, rude bar staff, stains on the upholstery in the room, no shower curtain/screen. Almost impossible to have a shore as the bath was in the middle of room and shower was handheld. Interestingly there was a dripping pipe directly into toilet?
Our mattress was also like lying on bricks.
It is such a shame that for such an impressive building, the hotel is let down by a lack of cleanliness and prehistoric furniture/ appliances.

• Stayed: July 2014