6,771 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in a single room that was really a glorified cupboard. It was right by the lifts and I was kept awake both by the lift and the people using it. The sink still had remnants from the a previous occupant, both in the sink and on the splash back tiles. The bed was of below average quality. The room was tidy enough. The carpets in the public areas were filthy. The car park is not attached to the hotel, it is on a piece of wasteland at the rear. It is not secure and costs £12 if you pay at the hotel. I found the staff to polite, if a touch curt. I didn't risk breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank redcourier
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This room at the back of the hotel cost the wife and myself £100 per night with a parking charge on top of that, i had read it was a tired but still charming old hotel that i could have dealt with ,but our room was an absolute disgrace and when asked if i enjoyed my stay by receptionist she ,thats good and walked away before i could say anything about the state of the room, but i must say we had a brilliant weekend in liverpool the cavern quarter is a really good night hope this helps

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank papapaulhamilton
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The owners of this hotel should hang their heads in shame. Such a beautiful, grand landmark building left to go to rack and ruin by owners who obviously don't care about it. I actually found the staff very helpful and pleasant but the dated, smelly, unclean and ridiculously hot rooms and it's 1940's decor left me with terrible memories of this hotel

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Frankysnr
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What can I say ? This hotel is amongst the best hotels that we have ever stayed in,
Yes it is a bit unkemped here and there,but it is 100 hears and old yet it still has the dignity of one of the finest hotels ever built.
The decor is second to none fitted out by the craftsman that fitted out the "TITANIC" So you do not expect anything less, one room was done as an exact copy of the smoking room on board the TITANIC Iit is amazing the bedrooms have huge cielings and huge baths in the bathroom.
The staff can not do enough for you.so please do not be put off by negative reviews you must check it out for yourself..

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room as my wife is a light sleeper and they very kindly obliged.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank diandave131
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was given a room on one of the smoking floors which absolutely stank. Room absolutely reeked of smoke. I left with me and my clothes smelling like an ashtray. When I raised this at reception the next morning the receptionist and manager could not have been less interested. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is the worst by a country mile.

• Stayed: April 2014