“Overnight stay”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here overnight as we were attending a concert at the Echo Arena (great!). Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was good, be very comfortable, breakfast very good but the drinks were expensive in the V bar and we had to pay £8 to park the car overnight-not the most we've paid but also not the least! Would have been nice to have a room overlooking the Mersey but I suppose that was reflected in the price we paid. Good location and would return if we were staying overnight again.Didn't try the restaurant so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear pamsteve

Thanks for choosing the Thistle, Atlantic Tower whilst attending a concert at the Echo Arena and great to hear everyone looked after you so well. Bar prices are similar to most hotels in the city but concierge can always assist with information for alternative options. Do request a view room next time, we go try upgrade if they are available. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to experience Liverpool and enjoy St Patrick's day and we were not dissapointed.
The staff were very helpful and friendly in particular John from the bar who served us.
The building was very big and the view from our room on the 11th floor was lovely.
Plenty of choice for breakfast. Would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Daniel E
Many thanks for the great review, it is always nice to share the good feedback with the team. I am pleased you made the most of breakfast especially after St Patrick’s night.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We found this hotel to be excellent in all ways,the staff are polite and will go out of there way to help you.
The food is lovely,the rooms are spotless and very we'll decorated.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone it is fantastic

Room Tip: If you can get a room near the front that looks over the river it enhances your stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am pleased you were well looked after and hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed for one night whilst attending a conference there. The staff ensured everything ran smoothly. The room was well equipped and ready to go for an early start. Refreshments were delivered on time, the cakes and biscuits were delicious.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were served in the main restaurant and the food was of a good standard.
The room was clean and had all the usual items you would expect, ironing board, hair dyer, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar etc.
My only negative comment was the sink in the bathroom was cracked and really needs replacing.
All staff were very professional and helpful.
There is a very small car park across the road but other larger car parks are also not too far away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river if you want a good view, but bear in mind there may be more noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sandra 020 Thanks for your great feedback I am pleased your conference went well and you found everything you needed. Maintenance is aware of the sink and a replacement has been ordered but they were unable to get this replaced before your stay. I am glad you were well looked after with delicious food and service.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this wonderful hotel for several weeks and I am leaving today. All I can say is this is the best hotel in the uk and I have used many with my job.
The staff tatted to your every need the food is top quality and the rooms amazing. I am very sad to leave this fantastic place try it for your selves ask for best and you will get it here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear evelammert,

The whole team was sorry to see you go and you know you will be warmly welcomed back home any time. All the best and thanks for sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here last week for 3 nights, was allocated one of the rooms with a wonderful view of the river Mersey. Very conveniently situated at Princes Dock, short walk to town centre, and only 20 minute walk along the dock front to the Conference Centre.
The staff were exceptional, the man on reception even remembered my name on the first morning, and asked I had received my early morning call!! Very personal service.
Room was great, very clean, with good facilities.
Dining room staff, again were extremely helpful.
Well recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen J

Dear Helen J
I am delighted you enjoyed stay and found all the staff keen to please with great personal service. It is always lovely receiving such positive comments. Thanks for a great review.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I really can't rave enough about this hotel. We first stayed here in 1989 on our wedding night and returned this month to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and my husbands birthday. He is originally from Liverpool but we moved away at the time of our marriage and haven't really been back since other than to visit family in Crosby.

I booked this hotel through Avios, using some air miles to pay for the hotel but couldn't book anything above a standard room. I was advised to contact the hotel direct to do this, so found the email address for Nikki the Customer Relations Manager and sent her an email telling her about our trip and asking about possible upgrades.

Nikki phoned me first thing the following morning and left me a voicemail as well as sending me an email with the various options available. As we had stayed in a suite on our last stay we elected to upgrade to a suite for this trip as well, asking if it would be possible to have a view of the river.

Upon checking in reception wished my husband a happy birthday and us both a happy anniversary. Wow - how lovely was that?

When we got into our room we found card and box of chocolates for my husbands birthday. The suite was lovely, large, clean and best of all a perfect view of both the river and the Liver Birds - we couldn't have had a better room.

We met up with family and behaved like 'tourists' for three days - Liverpool has almost altered beyond recognition to us and the weather was exceptionally kind, sunny but cold so we even fitted in an open top bus tour.

When we got back to our room at tea time on the day of our anniversary it was to find a card, chocolates and a chilling bottle of champagne from the hotel - totally unexpected and so very thoughtful.

We'll definitely be back to Liverpool - there's loads to do and when we do we will definitely be booking The Atlantic Tower Hotel.

Many thanks Nikki and all the staff at the hotel, in particular the maintenance man who helped us with our key card (un-asked - he just happened by when we were trying to get into the room) and the hostess at breakfast - she was just lovely always sitting us at the window and commented after us giving our room number on the first morning 'oh, you're the couple celebrating your silver wedding, I hope you enjoy your stay'.

This we thought was above and beyond, service you expect in a five star independent hotel, not a chain - we highly recommend the Atlantic Tower Hotel, Liverpool.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river - it's absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn C

Dear Dawn C
I am so pleased you enjoyed your time at the Atlantic Tower and for your fantastic comments which I have shared with the team. We do aim to make all our guest stays great and it is wonderful that you chose to return to the hotel for your Silver wedding Anniversary. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.