“Best day of my life xx”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Best day of my life xx”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed there on the 25 January and we had the Liverpool suite room on top floor jacuzzi bath very spacious room location great and it was amazing I got engaged on that day in that amazing room which will never forget , stuff was great very helpful :)

• Stayed January 2014
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Bopn

Congratulations to you both and I am delighted to hear the hotel played a part in your special day. We often get guests returning many years on to celebrate special dates, recently a 40th Anniversary. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Thank you for the 5* review.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent location. My wife and myself stayed for 2 nights as part of a coach tour, we found the hotel to be very acceptable in terms of staff and cleanliness but the food presented for the evening meals was very basic to say the least, 1 meat choice, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian, with 1 potato choice and a medley of 4 vegetables for accompaniment. When they later poured the coffee I did ask if they had only used 1 coffee been in the 1 litre pot, basically it was transparent. Breakfast was slightly better with more choice set out in buffet style but most of it was cold or slightly warm at best. Sorry to say we will not be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Geoff T
Dear Geoff T,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the hotel. I am pleased you found the location excellent but very sorry you were disappointed with your meal. The menu option/choice and price is normally dictated by the coach operator but there is no excuse for poor coffee. We normally get such positive comments about our breakfast so I have asked my Restaurant Manager to action this lapse in standards, please accept my apologies.

Operations Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked The Vista Restaurant for six family members to celebrate my daughters 16 birthday on 6th June. I would just like to say how much we all enjoyed the evening. The staff were so helpful and made us all feel very welcome, especially the man who looked after us all night, unfortunately I didn't catch his name. The food was amazing enjoyed by all and so was the view from our table. What else is there to say, apart from top marks on everything and we will definitely be returning soon!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dizzybub1
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear dianne m

I am so pleased to hear your family all enjoyed the celebration of your daughter's16th birthday at the hotel. The food and beverage team on duty will be delighted with your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon. Thank you for taking the time to write the 5* review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Quick and easy check in despite it looking like there were big queues at reception, all our room situated together, clean room with powerful shower and comfy beds. friendly and tolerant staff. No fan in the bathrooms to keep every one awake at night, heated bathroom mirror to compensate for lack of unwanted fan! Other people's party's finished around 1pm so could get some kip!
Nice self service breakfast
Only complaint was the peculiar ground floor bar which was just a soulless hatch, with slow service and zero atmosphere... luckily we made our own entertainment and just took the Mickey!!
Other bars available but private functions on so couldn't use, Nice bar 2nd floor (had a party on)- discovered after breakfast when not a lot of use really!

Room Tip: I would go again
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear EmJayHom,

I am glad you had a lovely stay with your friends and found the staff efficient and the room to your liking. It was necessary for us to use the function bar which wasn’t ideal but I am pleased you were able to see the humour and not let it spoil your weekend. We would love to welcome you back soon and thanks for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had booked this hotel primarily for the views and locality, we booked an executive twin and the room was okay. We arrived around 2.30pm and decided we would go to the Vu bar for a drink to take in the views. It came as a surprise and shock that the bar was closed due to an evening wedding and that the restaurant also had an event on in the evening. Residence were stuck in a small function room with little to no view, patchy service and a hatch in an adjacent corridor which was meant to be the bar. We decided to go to the Albert Dock and eat and drink out. We then booked for continental breakfast the following morning to be delivered to the room between 07:45 and 08:00. At 08:10 I rang down to ask where it was, I got a call 5 mins later to confirm that I knew I had to pay for breakfast, which I did. When I asked why it was late the girl said she had no idea as she had only just received the card. The breakfast finally arrived at 08:30 which meant we had to rush it. I have to say that we were both really disappointed as we had booked this hotel as a special occasion for my 60th birthday, not what expected.

Room Tip: Request a river view on a high floor, 8 or above
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian M
Dear Brian M,

I am pleased you liked your room and the views. However I am concerned that you felt let down by a number of issues whist celebrating your 60th Birthday. I would be grateful if you would contact me jonathan.marsden@thistle.co.uk so I can investigate why we failed to deliver a great stay for you.

Geneva
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights while attending a wedding in Liverpool. The family room we had was very nice with a fantastic view over the Mersey where the Queen Victoria was moored while we were there. Only downside: the restaurant at breakfast was great but we had the misfortune to eat in the smaller restaurant in the evening - for a memorably disastrous meal.

The hotel is well situated in the center of Liverpool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ritchissimo,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at the Thistle Atlantic Tower. I am so sorry you were disappointed with your meal in the evening and I trust you spoke with the Guest Relations Manager on Duty. I hope this didn’t detract from the rest of your stay. On a positive note I am pleased you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed breakfast and the fantastic view of the Cruise Liner from your room. I do hope we get the opportunity to welocme you back.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay in this hotel on the 31st May 2014. We had tickets booked to see the Lion King at the Empire Theatre (wow, amazing!!) and wanted a hotel that was close to all the amenities as we had never been to Liverpool before. I searched online and found this hotel to be the best placed for our needs and went ahead and booked. I requested on the booking a room with a view as I had read previous reviews regarding how amazing the view is and wow, the hotel delivered!! We were checked in efficiently by Martin who was a lovely gentleman and answered all our questions. When asked about how far the theatre was from the hotel he advised that it was a 15min walk away but he would be happy to arrange a taxi for us should we need one. We did ask him to book one which arrived at our specified time. Thanks Martin for being so polite, professional and welcoming.
Upon entering our room we were amazed at the view. The window is huge which overlooked the River Mersey as well as the Liver Building. We really did find the view breathtaking. The room itself was clean and tidy and the beds comfortable. The bathroom is small but big enough to do what you need to do.
Once we were showered and ready for the night ahead we visited the restaurant to grab dinner and a drink. The food was amazing and I recommend the poached salmon. Cooked to perfection. The bar staff were friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. Sunday morning we were woken early (about 8.30am) by the bells from the church ringing that seemed to last for a very long time. However this is out of the hotels control and encouraged us to get up, go for breakfast and go shopping!! As for the breakfast this was lovely. Lots of variety and really tasty.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and my friend and I have already spoken about visiting Liverpool again and stopping in the Thistle. I have also recommended this hotel to anyone who will listen. The staff and this hotel have absolutely left a great impression for me of Liverpool!! Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Evey80
Dear Evey80,

Thank you for the 5* review on Tripadvisor. It sounds as if you made the most of your visit to Liverpool and lovely to hear the team helped to enhance your trip. I have passed your kind comments on to the team who are always encouraged by great feedback. The views from the hotel are very special, plus I am glad you enjoyed the food, both dinner and breakfast. You can’t beat a hearty breakfast in the morning....... good stamina for shopping!. I really appreciate the recommendation of a great hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.